wetty neck

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

go hard
Grommet

wetty neck

Post by go hard » Mon May 20, 2013 8:09 am

Just pulled my steamer out because those morning winds are a bit chilly but now Ive got a black mark on my neck after I take my wetty off.Because the rubber on the neck peice is breaking down its leaving black rubber on my neck.Is there anything you can do to stop this happening.

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Re: wetty neck

Post by Nick Carroll » Mon May 20, 2013 9:57 am

Not now. The rubber is done mate. It'll just keep breaking down from here on in.

Store your next suit hanging freely in a cool dry place over summer. That will help a lot in future.

Meanwhile maybe a rash guard with a high neck.

'llo-and Behold
regular

Post by 'llo-and Behold » Sun May 26, 2013 8:59 am

I love being told by the retailers and manufacturers that wetsuits don't shrink, as I'm shopping to replace another otherwise perfect custom suit that is stressed due to shrinkage.

swvic
Snowy McAllister

Post by swvic » Sun May 26, 2013 9:47 am

Don't think any of mine have ever shrunk. Some have stiffened, but not the newer rubbers used in the last 10 or so years. I do wash 'em out after most surfs which probably helps. Last wettie was an E Bomb. If anything, it had stretched and compressed. 4 vicco winters so no complaint
marcus wrote:and that vicco dude, whatsisname?