Stop the stoke, no more beginners!

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

countrybumkin
Grommet

Post by countrybumkin » Tue Feb 17, 2004 2:58 pm

my pappa always told us young uns 'if you can't stand the heat, stay away from the country'

my work here is done.

KLXracer
Grommet

Post by KLXracer » Tue Feb 17, 2004 3:27 pm

Wow, that was bizarre - was that blindboy losing the plot or what? Seen some strange posts on this and other forums, but that one takes the cake - I know when I'm beaten.

Off to have some FUN - surfs up.

Freshie Boy
regular

Post by Freshie Boy » Tue Feb 17, 2004 6:25 pm

OK THIS AINT GENERAL DISCUSSION ANYMORE THIS IS PSYCHOPATH MEETING AREA-----ALL NUTS WELCOME

BB

Post by BB » Tue May 04, 2004 12:44 pm

Squid, it is a point of view that needs to be constantly reasserted in the face of kook hostility, as previous discussions have demonstrated....wait a while and some one will hit that thread with the "Oh but how could you be so unfair..." line of crap!

caspa

Post by caspa » Tue May 04, 2004 1:36 pm

yeah BB ... someone will because you're wrong
if you're dropping in on someone you're plainly dropping in ... ie .. you're sitting on the shoulder while they're taking off deeper ... so how does that make you right?

Hedgehog
Local

Post by Hedgehog » Tue May 04, 2004 1:53 pm

Fark, this is a long topic. Didn't get past the first page cause I can't read that much, but I want my 2 cents worth too.

When I was learnin to surf, I would always try and pick a part of the beach that had no-one around. Sure, the waves weren't nearly as good as the other peaks along the beach, but I learnt to position myself, stand up, turn, all that fun jazz without injuring a single bloody person.

Now, if all learners were like this, then hey, no problemo. And there are some out there. I just have a problem with the sh1theaps that float into a crowded line up without any idea at all. It won't make you a worse surfer to become competant somewhere else along the beach and move up from there!!!

BB

Post by BB » Tue May 04, 2004 2:06 pm

Well exactly Hedgehog, add to that having enough respect not to paddle out in quality waves until you have developed the skills to use them and we would be making some real progress towards surfing having a sustainable local future instead of the prospect of it sinking under the weight of the infinite number of incompetents who attracted to it by its absurd media profile.

Byarch

Post by Byarch » Tue May 04, 2004 4:11 pm

A heap going on here that is really valid. . .However. . . Us crusty dude that have been surfing for some time need to consider something that i read a while ago that raises a really valid point. . . .

Why do we get so caught up with all of the hassle of worrying if we do or dont get millions of waves each session.
There are so many people out there including youngsters. . . . They hang out after school in the surf and encourage each other to go the biggest heaviest waves and charge hard. They all get belted but then again some of them make it. . . They are stoked and keen to take on anything.
Where as we, it appears to be, sit there and grumble about the one wave that thye got and we didnt. . .
. .Why dont we give them a go. . .Let em have a few waves they are the ones who are going to improve more than we are going to. . . They are the ones who will shape the future of surfing. . . i mean really. .

Country bumkin has got it. . . .Get out there and enjoy. .. Get stoked and give a few away. . .You will get them back. . . Very karmic really. . :) .

stuey

Post by stuey » Tue May 04, 2004 4:38 pm

FArg me! I thort we had diz sorted? All kooks get dropped in on. If someone is inside ya and ya know they are gunna waste the wave(hands up all longbored-erz!) drop in on 'em. Same goes for shortboarders outa their league. any boogers and definitely any chicks that chanced it! Easy! KArma can suck me nadz!

Nudnik

Post by Nudnik » Mon May 10, 2004 11:24 am

<<<What cannie doo thar whole World is full of nudniks>>> :roll: