Surf Academy

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

petulance
Huey's Right Hand

Re: Surf Academy

Post by petulance » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:48 pm

I, for one, would love to read a writeup on SurfieC's experience at the academy. Surely Nick would be able to get the ball rolling to raise funding for this journalistic venture?
smnmntll wrote: She's also moderately hot, with a bit of that petulance-approved titless starved whippet look about her but still pretty decent.

petulance
Huey's Right Hand

Post by petulance » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:57 pm

Oh, and I guess a bit of karma payback happened to me yesterday. Caught a wave, was about to bottom turn right then I saw a Euro newbie on a Firewire paddling right into the wave ... I quickly did the sums and thought that there was a possibility that I would run him over if I turned right.

Ended up having to straighten out. I'm sure I have cut short someone else's wave when I was first starting out. Karma.

I did see Euro newbie interfere with another person's wave later on.
smnmntll wrote: She's also moderately hot, with a bit of that petulance-approved titless starved whippet look about her but still pretty decent.

Biggun
regular

Post by Biggun » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:00 pm

go get your Euro karma watching a whole bunch of them trying to negotiate a tricky rock-off. One unfortunate fellow followed me on my first time out, got an urchin in his foot and was out of the water for 5 days. Having not learned his lesson he again followed me out proceeded to head butt his board and lost his front tooth...sometimes you just cant win huh?

Biggun
regular

Post by Biggun » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:24 pm

well fongs pretty good chance your fairly immediate predecessors had the same idea as SurfieC.

kind of weird that on the one hand we sponsor 50,000 odd lumps of unwashed, unhealthy, unemployed uneducated, unwanted, lawless detritus that wash up on our shores each year and on the other hand hold grudges against educated, english speaking surfie chicks who actually have something to offer

swvic
Snowy McAllister

Post by swvic » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:15 pm

Second that request as, from your post, it seems you are like way too many. Pathetically ignorant, at best
marcus wrote:and that vicco dude, whatsisname?

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:47 pm

Biggun wrote:well fongs pretty good chance your fairly immediate predecessors
A classic case of opening your mouth without knowing your target. <:
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

Animal_Chin
Local

Post by Animal_Chin » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:08 pm

Biggun wrote:
kind of weird that on the one hand we sponsor 50,000 odd lumps of unwashed, unhealthy, unemployed uneducated, unwanted, lawless detritus that wash up on our shores each year and on the other hand hold grudges against educated, english speaking surfie chicks who actually have something to offer

Nah, forget it.

Yuke Hunt
Duke Status

Post by Yuke Hunt » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:18 pm

Trev wrote:
Any chance we could loose these new emoticons you've lumbered us with. They really are a hindrance and an eyesore ... they detract from the conversation ... causing an elongation in brevity and have no place in this somewhat civilised society.
The moving finger writes and having writ moves on ... now all thy piety nor wit shall lure it back to cancel even half a line ... nor all thy tears wash out a single word of it.

SurfieC
Local

Post by SurfieC » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:39 pm

Thanks for some funny posts. Braithy, I know you're a pussy, but I didn't know you have a pussy or maybe I should really ask red eye records for a job. I think the occupation on the Sponsorship list and they're pay 50 000 per year :D

Honestly, thank for some helpful posts and pm. I visted also today Manly Surf School and talked with Brendon, he is a Surfinstructor. He recommend me a website, where he did his training and he means it's not so difficult. I sended the company tonight a message. I'll see..

And Mojo in the afternoon as well, during the office time. But they're didn't answer me yet...Maybe my email was not so friendly for this company :roll:
My email:
Hi,
thanks for your answer. I know now more about your conditions of this Surf acadamy. But I' m not sure, because I think it's not a good value for this price. Very expensive to stay in a Dorm with other people. I traveled a lot around the World also in Australia and I know, how much money companies and Hostels make with backpackers, with job offers, travel package or just for free accommondation to clean every day a dirty Hostel.
I have after your email also some opinions from australians avanced surfers. They're couldn't believe a beginner is after 3 month a surfinstructor, also Spot x is not a good place and the value of your offer as well.
Maybe you think I make every bad, but it should be professional and a good value for me and honestly I have to pay extra for transfer, because I know you pick up and drop off your guests weekly in Sydney and Byron, Laundry and Wireless is unbelievable for this price, included to sleep in a dorm.
What training have your surfcaoches, they're ex pros or you give me private lessons for that money? I'm very sceptical of your offer and 9000 bucks is to much, maybe 7000 bucks and I ' ll still thinking it's not really professional, because I just compare the price, professional and conditions to your offer.

Cheers Claudia

Lucky Al
Duke Status

Post by Lucky Al » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:43 pm

well there's a nice way of telling someone to go fuck himself.

Karlos
Snowy McAllister

Post by Karlos » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:23 am

So let me get this straight, you don't actually need to be able to surf in order to be a surf instructor? :D

eel
regular

Post by eel » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:28 am

Sorry Surfie C,

I misread your post, I didn't realise they were charging you $9000- yikes!!!

Erase any tones of niceness that may have come from my last post for them.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:33 am

Womble wrote:
Trev wrote:
Any chance we could loose these new emoticons you've lumbered us with. They really are a hindrance and an eyesore ... they detract from the conversation ... causing an elongation in brevity and have no place in this somewhat civilised society.
"Loose" or "lose"? :-)(
An "elongation in brevity". I like that. :B
Womble, any lengthy posts on this forum, regardless of content, invariably draw comments of "ho hum", "gave up after the second paragraph", "can't be arsed reading all that". :~ :~ :~
Emoticons give some of the more menatlly challenged on here to both express themselves and to understand what's been written. A picture is worth a thousand words etc. 3-)
:wink:
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

Yuke Hunt
Duke Status

Post by Yuke Hunt » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:36 am

Trev wrote:"Loose" or "lose"? :-)(
Ah yes ... too many oose in my ose ... lose was the word I was trying to obtain.

So after your bombastic bombardment of emoticons ... I take it that the answer is a no ... shame that.
The moving finger writes and having writ moves on ... now all thy piety nor wit shall lure it back to cancel even half a line ... nor all thy tears wash out a single word of it.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:31 am

Womble wrote:
Trev wrote:"Loose" or "lose"? :-)(
Ah yes ... too many oose in my ose ... lose was the word I was trying to obtain.

So after your bombastic bombardment of emoticons ... I take it that the answer is a no ... shame that.
Love your illiteration womble.
If they were all like you there'd be no need for emoticons.
But poor old fong would fade into silence.
Beanpole

Skipper

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:36 pm

Let loose the emoticons :d :d :-? :twisted: :twisted: :mrgreen: :| :arrow: :idea: :oops: :( :B <:
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

BA
Duke Status

Post by BA » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:56 pm

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:37 pm

Superkook Academy begins its mission to destroy the World

btw, anyone thinking of signing up with ol' Marcos, I'll guarantee he has
a) no insurance
b) no council clearance

hell, it'd be worth signing up for a lesson just to see what happens

god damn it I wish I had two or three of me. There's too much funny shit going on in surfing at present