Surf Academy

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

SurfieC
Local

Surf Academy

Post by SurfieC » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:49 pm

Hey guys,

everything is complicated, so I have to explain first. I tried to got a sponsorship, but it's still not easy, you need time for this (6 or 9 months) told me a Hays agent and I just talked a second time with an MARA agent. It's getting harder on 1th July. Because then all employers have to prove they're could not find a australian citizen for this job. And another role plays the salary, the employer have to pay you 50 000 AUD per year.
The MARA agent recommend me to ask in the private school for more salary, but i was too late they're looking for jobs mostly on November. Sponsorship is a risk and a cost a lot of money and the overseas recognition is complicated as well. The private school I visted not not gave any chance for a job interview.

Anyway, I don't waste my time and surfing is a important thing in my life. I thinking maybe to start a surf instructor training for 3 month, two hours south from Byron, for 3 months. Mojo surf sended me some details. And I ask my MARA agent, if this occupation on the list. But it isn't, just like a diving instructor and a swimming coach.
But if i would decide me for one of this trainings would be still the salary a problem. So, I think maybe I should try the surf instructor and also I improved my abilities and during this 3 month online send my resume to private schools in Sydney, Coffs Harbour and Bryon. And when I get no sponsorship I'll could try maybe in Portugal as a surfintructor and it is a combination of my passion surfing, my occupation as a lifeguard and a kindergarten teacher :lol:
So, if anyone can help support me in this situation, knows a private school, they're needs Early childhood teachers teachers soon as possible in this area or I don' t know...

And for the general discussion surf, you know somebody did this training at Mojo or other companies? What do you think about this? Because it' s a lot of money..
Please answer me soon as possible, because I have to talk with my roommate to move to the surf Academy.
I post also the email of some details, what Mojo send me and the
knowledge and abilities I'll learn. What do you think about that. Every serious input helps me..

Email for Mojo:
Our courses start every Monday at this time of the year and I have
availability for this Monday and also the next one.
A lot of our Academy students are international, so there are a variety of
languages that we have to deal with. Our instructors are fantastic at
getting the message across and I wouldn’t be too worried about the grammar.
During the course there is 20 hours of work experience, to get you confident
with clients and learn your new instructor skills. Work placement after the
course always depends on job availability and our crew always endeavour to
assist with looking for jobs after the course.
We have a very high success rate for our programs. There have been a few
that have been unsuccessful, but persevered and re-studied and re-took
their examinations for a successful outcome. As part of the course, you will be
increasing your fitness and surfing skills. We have great discounted bus fares with Greyhound for our academy students if they wish to travel away from the camp on weekends.
Spot X is located 2.5 hours south of Byron Bay at Arrawarra. This is where
we hold the courses and surrounding beaches. Your accommodation will always be at Spot X. Dorm style accommodation is provided for you. These are mixed dorms ranging from 6-10 share. Three meals a day are provided along with fruit, water, cordial, tea and
coffee. Equipment is included.

Claudia, we are definitely able to offer you a discount if you book and pay
today. $520 discount.

http://www.mojosurf.com/products/3_month_surf_academy
http://www.mojosurf.com/academy_brochure.pdf
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lrgq1fc91hil8 ... rview.docx

I know it' s a lot of stuff, but expensive and very important for me.
Thanks guys

Grooter
Duke Status

Re: Surf Academy

Post by Grooter » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:06 pm

SurfieC have you tried looking for work in Melbourne, Perth, Adelaide, Brisbane or some of the bigger coastal towns like Geelong or Freemantle?

Maybe you should expand your horizons a bit there are a lot better places to work and surf than Sydney.
some cnut wrote:There are only two real problems that we face in life, knowing what we want but being unable to know how to get it and/or not knowing what we want
It's possible to hate the filthy world and still love it with an abstract pitying love

SurfieC
Local

Post by SurfieC » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:39 pm

Last time in was been in Melbourne and Perth and I like it as well and it's true I should try. I remember you told me the Sponsorship for your friend was difficult and need time. But I have not this time, waiting maybe 9 month, maybe without a result. The government changed the roles on 1 July. This is why I explained all that. Until August I have to know where I live, then ends my sabbatical year in Germany and i have to work. But I didn't like to go back, if it's not favorite country Australia then a country where I can surf. I don't won't to leave this country with nothing.

But it's true, during the surf academy I should send all private schools at the coast my resume. Thanks Gooter this input

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:36 pm

sounds like a helluva rort to me SurfieC.

Lot of money to stay in a dorm get fed stodge and pay for some courses.

I'd investigate the alternatives
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

SurfieC
Local

Post by SurfieC » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:02 pm

I know 9000 bucks it's a lot money. This is why I post this and I need time to thinking about that. You know other cheaper and recommended Surf Academies in Australia and you not have to be an intermediate/advanced surfer...

Skipper
Duke Status

Post by Skipper » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:19 pm

She gave it up to carry norm's harlequin baby.

Yuke Hunt
Duke Status

Post by Yuke Hunt » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:26 pm

steve shearer wrote:sounds like a helluva rort to me SurfieC.

Lot of money to stay in a dorm get fed stodge and pay for some courses.

I'd investigate the alternatives
Years ago we popped into the quaint little caravan park on the creek ... within a short stroll to Arrawarra Headland. At the time it appeared to be your stock standard tidy retreat ... and probably frequented by older style retirees ... grey nomads as they are commonly referred to ... as.
About two years back we took the same detour ... to see how the joint was holding up. Having never stayed there ... the plan was that if it still tickled our fancy ... we would return with the caravan of broken dreams to sample the local delights ... consisting pretty much of a point and the beach attached to it.
Its still there ... but now armed with the ridiculous name of spot-x. On closer inspection it appears to have been overrun with staff dressed in various levels of tattoos ... piercings and uber cool rags ... herding packs of sunburnt backpackers around the grounds. They'd even built a giant fcuking teepee on site ... and named dormitories and such with groovy sounding surf lingo tags. Clumps of lumpy sunburnt terrorists were marooned and seemingly soaking up the heat off concrete slabs that once had neat little caravans housed next to them. It had become for want of a better term ... a complete lack of concentration camp ... lord of the flies without the happy ending ... and an horrendous eyesore.
The moving finger writes and having writ moves on ... now all thy piety nor wit shall lure it back to cancel even half a line ... nor all thy tears wash out a single word of it.

crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand

Post by crabmeat thompson » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:44 pm

Hey Womble you get a few waves the other morning?

I snuck around inside picking off all the ones the guys on the bigger boards left for me. I spent all my surfing time before getting my gidget ready for school talking to you!

But ... I came back after dropping her off to school. Half way through the ebb tide. Winds were light. Got a few little micro coverups, made a few turns. Was super fun. I wanted to make love to the water.
Kunji wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 8:09 am
Would you mind throwing in a little more homoeroticism

Skipper
Duke Status

Post by Skipper » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:50 pm

Braithy wrote: Was super fun. I wanted to make love to the water.
YOU"RE surfie c arent you?

crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand

Post by crabmeat thompson » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:55 pm

I sure am. I'm playing with my clitoris while I type this out. One-handed.
Kunji wrote:

eel
regular

Post by eel » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:19 am

fongss wrote:ok...heres the ball tearing :?:

only i'll ask :arrow:

surife c....why do u believe australia should let u stay here :?:

its not your country :idea:

no ones actually invited u

u came visit....sux it up and go home :idea: u not born here....why do u feel u belong :?:

and this country owes u a living after your six month vacation :-?
She's German it's in their blood to show up uninvited, quite a few European countries can attest to this.

Anyway Surfie C in regards to Mojosurf I know them well. They are legit but not your only option. Most surf instructors in Sydney get their qualifications through Manly Surf School but they don't run courses they just do the accreditation, give them a call and they'll tell what you need to do. You shouldn't need to part with any money.

I don't think this is your ticket to a Visa however Surf Instructors get paid in Swedish Vajayjay and not much more. Your best bet is student visa. And maybe later if you ask really nicely one of the Single Real Surfers will give you a Defacto Visa.

Yuke Hunt
Duke Status

Post by Yuke Hunt » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:28 am

Braithy wrote:Hey Womble you get a few waves the other morning?

I snuck around inside picking off all the ones the guys on the bigger boards left for me. I spent all my surfing time before getting my gidget ready for school talking to you!

But ... I came back after dropping her off to school. Half way through the ebb tide. Winds were light. Got a few little micro coverups, made a few turns. Was super fun. I wanted to make love to the water.
Yeah ... it got a bit better and I ended up staying out far longer than intended.
I noticed that you disappeared rather quickly ... but glad to here that you finally made it out the back
Drove past the same spot yesterday on the way to w-w-work ... there was a cast of thousands on it ... quite an absurd herd.
The moving finger writes and having writ moves on ... now all thy piety nor wit shall lure it back to cancel even half a line ... nor all thy tears wash out a single word of it.

crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand

Post by crabmeat thompson » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:04 am

Yeah the next day I walked up a bit and shared some little lefts and rights with 2 others.

The problem with around there is word gets out too quick when there is a bank. The last storm had a perfect little right breaking off the rocks at the most southern end of that beach. Everyday there'd be no less than 50 on it before 6:15am.
Kunji wrote:

petulance
Huey's Right Hand

Post by petulance » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:30 am

I can't believe this ... they are teaching newbies to be surf instructors? And said newbies then go on to be fully accredited instructors? Wouldn't this be the legally blind leading the blind?

Nice mammary shots during 2 takeoffs in the video on the Mojo surf webpage though ...
smnmntll wrote: She's also moderately hot, with a bit of that petulance-approved titless starved whippet look about her but still pretty decent.

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:32 am

yep.

Come to Australia and get taught to surf by a Euro backpacker who spent her life savings getting "qualified".

It's quite a rort.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:52 pm

This is un fcuken believable.

Explains a number of things I've been hearing about surf school performance lately.

A European Superkook Factory in Arrawarra! This has got to be a story hey.

Surfie C this will not help you to be a better surfer nor will it help you gain any kind of residency in Australia. My strong advice to you is to avoid it. However if you do decide to attend the Superkook Factory, let's stay in touch, 'cause I really want to know what it's like - from the inside, so to speak

PeepeelaPew
Huey's Right Hand

Post by PeepeelaPew » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:22 pm

Last edited by PeepeelaPew on Wed May 22, 2013 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.