Bells Beach.

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

BA
Duke Status

Re: Bells Beach.

Post by BA » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:22 am

I am so sick of Medina's family getting blanket coverage every time he surfs. Who gives a shit if his family is there.

He just got beat, so suck on that Medina clan.

Animal_Chin
Local

Post by Animal_Chin » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:08 pm

BA wrote:I am so sick of Medina's family getting blanket coverage every time he surfs. Who gives a shit if his family is there.

He just got beat, so suck on that Medina clan.
Bunch of fruit cakes.

Kunji
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Kunji » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:22 pm

------------
BA (on Realsurf) wrote: It's the wild west with a bit more homo-eroticism.

Rustt
barnacle

Post by Rustt » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:34 pm

swvic wrote:
crustt wrote:
swvic wrote:
steve shearer wrote:Possibly, maybe I'll set up a little rope and charge admission to mum, dad and the kids to Winkipop.

Whats a fair price?

$50 for the family for a three hour pass?
Another money spinner creeping into Victorian sport is to deny the fans bringing their own refreshments. You set up a little stall on your side of the rope and you'll be rich come Monday. Apart from outrageous prices, the cold stuff must be warm and the hot stuff must be cold
Years ago when they took the comp down to Joey they were charging $10 to get in, I told them to bugger off as I came to walk me dog. Thing is they reneged on paying the fee that was agreed upon with parks to pay for the rangers to stop the punters from wrecking the place and clean up afterwards, said that in the end they had run out of money <:
Crumbs again tonight, Steve?

crustt, being from AB, you might know Gary Summers. Reckon he might've been running the parks op then - he's been there awhile now. I'd been down to the Aire River to work for them and he said he was busy organising the Bells move to Joey. Unassuming guy, but I reckon he privately preys for swell every easter

No Winki so you're dining on crumbs, steve?

Yep ,I do know Gary, I imagine he would dread hosting the comp, as they probably still don't pay so it would come out of there budget. The contest does a fair amount of damage to the environment, it's just not set up for it.

Animal_Chin
Local

Post by Animal_Chin » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:18 pm

Coops wrote:Image
Keep ya stinkin mitts off it!

Buff_Brad
barnacle

Post by Buff_Brad » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:01 pm

loofy wrote:I found everything about that awards ceremony embarrassing to watch.
:roll: Indeed - it was basically un-watchable. At least that little f-cker could've taken his sunglasses off.

So cringey. Anyways a pretty interesting contest.

Waiting for the inside scoop from our resident journos.

One question for the experts.

If it's so unusual and difficult to get barrelled at Bells .....why aren't they scored more generously?

It seems illogical.

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:17 pm

Ok bb I will answer you.

It is somewhat unusual to get a barrel at Bells but it is not a difficult or challenging thing once said barrel is presented to you.

Bells's challenge is in the timing of moves and the turning angles into and out of the top. This is what judges were mostly looking for at Bells.

They jumped too high on this a few times and knew it. The panel will stagger away from Bells. They were exhausted at the end of this event at which they had to untangle pretty much every riddle in the profession, many more than once.

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:36 pm

Been a while since Nat Young made the finals at Bells.
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

Rustt
barnacle

Post by Rustt » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:17 am

That's funny that the new Nat Young is a seppo, being that the original was a loud mouth seppo. :-D-:

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:54 pm

crustt wrote:That's funny that the new Nat Young is a seppo, being that the original was a loud mouth seppo. :-D-:
I'm confused. The original is Australian.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:08 pm

Think he meant the slang origin.

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:27 pm

Just caught up on Bells after a week in the wilderness, and the commentary of our resident scribes.
Enjoyable reading, gents.
Haven't watched any of the comp apart from vid highlights, but Jordy looked leagues ahead of the others for mine.

Kunji
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Kunji » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:37 pm

------------
BA (on Realsurf) wrote: It's the wild west with a bit more homo-eroticism.

Rustt
barnacle

Post by Rustt » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:36 pm

Trev wrote:
crustt wrote:That's funny that the new Nat Young is a seppo, being that the original was a loud mouth seppo. :-D-:
Seppo is no longer an American thing IMO, there are a lot of loudmouth Aussies that are full of s**t and our Nat Young is King, been caught twice in a restaurant having dinner, with him on a table on the other side of the room, loud and pretentious. ))((

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:46 pm

crustt wrote:
Trev wrote:
Seppo is no longer an American thing IMO, there are a lot of loudmouth Aussies that are full of s**t and our Nat Young is King, been caught twice in a restaurant having dinner, with him on a table on the other side of the room, loud and pretentious. ))((
That's interesting.
Given the sort of trouble he gets himself into I'm sure you're right.
However the two times I've run across him he's been fine. The first was surfing at Currumbin Alley. Shared waves, wasn't pushy, talked to guys.
Second time was at the premiere of Endless Summer 2 at Warringah Mall Cinema Complex. My daughter was with me and he arrived with his 'extended" family and actually sat in the seat next to me. Family was well behaved, he was well behaved, quiet and chatty.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

Animal_Chin
Local

Post by Animal_Chin » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:03 pm

crustt wrote:
Trev wrote:
Seppo is no longer an American thing IMO...
You understand where the term seppo comes from right?

offshore1
Duke Status

Post by offshore1 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:16 am

yep yank septic tank.

I could be very happy with this woman I think.
marauding mullet wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 6:03 pm
Jesus I’m surrounded by schnitzel tards.

Rustt
barnacle

Post by Rustt » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:32 am

I had a septic tank in my backyard and it was full of shit, just like Nat, loud and proud.

Many years ago, picked up a guy hitchhiking, he was from Mexico, Ended up surfing with him for a month, he had never heard the term Seppo until traveling in Oz. Loved it, said it was perfect for them.
One day we are surfing a local point, 4 guys paddle out and basically try to take over, talking loud and hassling kike they own the place, Cisco, (yes real name) turns around and say's "so you have seppos here also". Yeah mate but there called Dickheads here. :)