Fantasy surfer comp

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: Shari, collnarra, Butts, beach_defender, Forum Moderators

stinky_wes
regular

Re: Fantasy surfer comp

Post by stinky_wes » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:24 pm

I wasn't watching the heat draw closely enough. Three surfers going head to head in the first round is not a good start.

It's a shame that today is going to be the best conditions for the next week. Small wave surfers will again go well this comp

Almighty God
regular

Post by Almighty God » Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:57 pm

Girls are all that count anyway

Almighty God
regular

Post by Almighty God » Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:59 pm

My guys all fcuking suck balls...underperforming hacks...they are all getting the sack

Almighty God
regular

Post by Almighty God » Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:00 pm

And stinky wes...you suck balls too...dont be surprised if a whole lot of bad shit happens to you this week...I am fcuking pissed

Almighty God
regular

Post by Almighty God » Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:15 pm

Holy fcuk blackduck...you are really shit at this...I think if I tried to pick the worst team possible...I still would have beat that score

And tiger...you're shit too

stinky_wes
regular

Post by stinky_wes » Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:43 pm

That's more like it AG! Things were starting to get dull around here.
I thought you guys were supposed to be good at this game? You can't let a fantasy virgin beat you this easily! :-)(

Any hot tips for big Margs? Surely the Hawaiians will perform well, with the Brazzos shitting their pants before, during and after their heats.

Almighty God
regular

Post by Almighty God » Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:03 pm

stinky_wes wrote:That's more like it AG! Things were starting to get dull around here.
I thought you guys were supposed to be good at this game? You can't let a fantasy virgin beat you this easily! :-)(

Any hot tips for big Margs? Surely the Hawaiians will perform well, with the Brazzos shitting their pants before, during and after their heats.
My policy on virgins is that they are free to do with me whatever they wish

and I see right through your deliberately misleading statements regarding Margs...sneaky bastard

tiger
barnacle

Post by tiger » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:00 pm

It is true O mighty one, I had a shocker. Will defs be dropping bells result at years end

I'm killing it on the WSL version though. Sitting at number 34 overall.

black duck
Harry the Hat

Post by black duck » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:42 pm

Almighty God wrote:Holy fcuk blackduck...you are really shit at this...I think if I tried to pick the worst team possible...I still would have beat that score

And tiger...you're shit too
I haven't looked at the results yet. Can't actually remember my picks. I do remember not picking fanning though. I know how good he is at bells but I just have a thing. Maybe it's an emotional thing. It is a thing though. I know how good he is but i can't like his surfing even when i try. However, I did admire his surfing this comp. I even sent texts to friends on finals day saying fanning was unbeatable. He had that thing about him, like J Bay and Portugal last year where he kind of looked unbeatable from quarters on.

A bit like you, he's still a cnut though. The year is young and i don't give a shit. Can you say the same God?
(Go tiger - i don't follow how you can go shit in one comp and super well in another without being kind of schizophrenic)?
smnmntll wrote:When I get old, I'm going to take up fishing in a big fcuking way

tiger
barnacle

Post by tiger » Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:00 pm

The WSL fantasy is a different format to surfermag. It's much easier to pick a team cos it's set up different without a salary cap.

I knew I had to have fanning on my team for bells, but just couldn't afford him. Not without sacrificing other surfers, and then having to buy them back later at a much higher rate.

Like Toledo, I don't really want him on my margs team, but won't drop him cos he'll cost a fortune to buy back for Brazil.

Its all about the end game.

BA
Snowy McAllister

Post by BA » Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:44 am

Tough call on who to pick for Margs. It can go from 15ft to 3ft in a matter of days. Hope it's big just for the spectacle.
crabmeat thompson wrote:we'll put him in a headlock and feed him a penis

tiger
barnacle

Post by tiger » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:16 am

Hard to pick a team until you really know what they are gunna run in. Maxing main break, in between main break, or maybe nth point. Should be an entertaining comp regardless.

stinky_wes
regular

Post by stinky_wes » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:59 am

There are rumours of a late application for North Point as a backup venue. Imagine a couple of days of watching this! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0ed-pcdgck

Hmmm it's tempting to swap someone out for Taj after watching that... :wink:

Almighty God
regular

Post by Almighty God » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:06 pm

Anyone got thoughts on Julian in big Margs...leave him or swap him out???

And stinky wes none of your mind games thanks

BA
Snowy McAllister

Post by BA » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:14 pm

stinky_wes wrote:There are rumours of a late application for North Point as a backup venue. Imagine a couple of days of watching this! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0ed-pcdgck

Hmmm it's tempting to swap someone out for Taj after watching that... :wink:
They've just said North Point is out. But The Box is the main choice if it's not too big.
crabmeat thompson wrote:we'll put him in a headlock and feed him a penis

alakaboo
Duke Status

Post by alakaboo » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:45 pm

Keep him in AG.
Seen him freesurfing there at 8ft and he was ripping. I actually think he's better in bigger waves and he's technically very good and adapts quickly so sketchy waves suit him.
The peacock slowly shakes himself out in an act that could be mistaken as effortless were it not for the thought of his withholding a quivering.

Almighty God
regular

Post by Almighty God » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:03 pm

alakaboo wrote:Keep him in AG.
Seen him freesurfing there at 8ft and he was ripping. I actually think he's better in bigger waves and he's technically very good and adapts quickly so sketchy waves suit him.
cheers, much appreciated...but now I have a new problem...just checked the draw...Owen and Julian in round 1

do you understand how that works...they arent guaranteed to meet in round three are they...its a seeding thing? Can you have two guys in the same round one heat or is it a definite no-go

stinky_wes
regular

Post by stinky_wes » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:39 am

They're running at Box this morning. Time to drop your goofies... Let's see some carnage!