What Stuey thinks!

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Game Darby

Post by Game Darby » Fri Aug 13, 2004 11:23 am

Stuey and his small crowd of supporters should have their own little chat room on MSN. It could nice and warm in there and they could write in that weird way they do and love each other to death. Truly bonded as like minded individuals and allow people in these forums to talk about the subject of surfing without getting their proverbial bucketful at every turn.

The PMs were worth putting up in my opinion as they show the reality of the man - a gutless geek posing as some sort of expat Aussie surf hero. Suspect
he is neither the age nor the gender that he pretends to be.

Let it go Stuey, let it go.

Ever in hope of peace and harmony

Game

Hedgehog
Local

Post by Hedgehog » Fri Aug 13, 2004 11:26 am

Yeah, I agree with some of these boyz Stu, hang around and keep the place as interesting as you currently do.
"Stay happy and everything will be perfectly all right"... Jack Norris

WANDERER
Owl status

Post by WANDERER » Fri Aug 13, 2004 11:34 am

Game Darby wrote:Stuey and his small crowd of supporters should have their own little chat room on MSN. It could nice and warm in there and they could write in that weird way they do and love each other to death. Truly bonded as like minded individuals and allow people in these forums to talk about the subject of surfing without getting their proverbial bucketful at every turn.

The PMs were worth putting up in my opinion as they show the reality of the man - a gutless geek posing as some sort of expat Aussie surf hero. Suspect
he is neither the age nor the gender that he pretends to be.

Let it go Stuey, let it go.

Ever in hope of peace and harmony

Game
who the farg are you... 6 posts and you're an expert on the realsurf forum r ya? Stuey is an experienced surfer with a wide knowledge area and i have found him to be helpful if sometimes abbrassive.

i reckon I've copped my fair share of bollocks off stuey... its only a problem if you let it get to you. The most important person is yourself... if you go thru life taking note of wot everyone else thinks of you you're bound to be a miserable person and thats your own problem...

look after number 1...

everyone should stop worrying about stuey and his comments...

i seem to be the butt of jokes more often than not, and i couldn't give a farg..."who gives a fig"

bumbaclot
Supporter
Supporter

Post by bumbaclot » Fri Aug 13, 2004 11:50 am

" errmmm, excuse me..but I stopped readin this site coz someone bad person called me a name" FARK ME, is it 12 yet? Almost....hehehehehe Bumba is hittin the pub bigtime all arvo!!!

Balders mate.....I is gonna be in James Squires in Darling Harbour (I'll be the one with the pink carnation and a copy of the Gay Times under me arm), they'll be a coldie waitin fer ya if ya in the City, one fer Stuart (we'll share it), one fer Don + RS crew, on fer Squiders, dem college biatches and the Wollongong + Northern Beaches massive....+ a few others(you know who you are)......the rest of yas...well ya can buy ya own (restrained sometimes ain't I)! hehehehe
I've got two bad habits, smoking and masturbation.
I'm a twenty a day man and I smoke like a farkin chimney.

"Stay happy and you'll be perfectly fine"... Jack Norris

BA
Duke Status

Post by BA » Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:02 pm

Free beer on Bumba. Yee Haw. :D

snakes
barnacle

Post by snakes » Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:57 pm

Just like any lineup at any beach there is a pecking order - get used to it! If ya can't take the heat get out of the kitchen.

snakes

Rug
Local

Post by Rug » Fri Aug 13, 2004 2:12 pm

I've heard worse language/sledging/abuse when I've walked past the local primary school and Flatrocker, Stuey is only about 20,000kms away so why don't you take out a restraining order against him.

As the old school ground say goes "Sticks and stone may break my bones but names will never hurt me"

Get a spine ya whingin prat.
The best surfer in the water is the one having the most fun.

buzzy
barnacle

Post by buzzy » Fri Aug 13, 2004 2:16 pm

To my mind other than in Mal riders stuey and his obsessive post rate unfortunately set the tone for this site. Rightly or wrongly he developed a crew of suporters who copied his quasi-phonetic posting style...which I have to confess I think is so enormously wanky. I mean, it's harder to post everything in some pseudo surf speak where surfers can't spell. It isn't funny. It's just try hard stuff in my view. But worse, Stuey and his stupid aggression rules the roost.

I've personally experienced it. He's never seemed to be able to forget that I said he had no idea about the needs of middle aged weekend surfers (when he was recomending nothing biger than a 6'4" micro thin thruster to a 90kg wekend surfer moving down from a longboard). ANything he saw me post on after that he'd post abuse. I personally couldn't care less, except to notice he's a very strange, thin skinned bloke. But imagine all the potentialy valuable contributors who simply move on. I mean, who can be bothered with an internet obsessive's obsessions? Who can be bothered with is aggresion? Who can be bothered with his incredibly stupid phonetic surf speak?

ANd then, litle man that he is, after leading the post count on the DB by an anormous margin, he has the temerity to abuse his host on leaving, saying the site's porly run etc etc etc. He's like the unwanted houseguest who stays for months, eats al the food, contributes nothing and then abuses his host when he leaves. If it's poorly run waste someone else's bandwidth stuey.

Like last time he left for good he came back. That's the thing about someone like stuey. Not good to their word. He'll be back here again.

Hedgehog
Local

Post by Hedgehog » Fri Aug 13, 2004 2:27 pm

You know the funniest thing, look at how he has got to all of yaz. By simply stating he's leaving, there is a thread dedicated to him with a bunch of limp wrists giving arguments as to why he should go.

Best parting gift eva!

streetdaddy
Local

Post by streetdaddy » Fri Aug 13, 2004 2:27 pm

i've said it before and rather than saying it again I just added it to my sig instead... yes, trolls are just like stray cats: if you feed them they'll hang around for more food, but if there's no food the they'll move on and find food somewhere else...

matt...
charger

Post by matt... » Fri Aug 13, 2004 2:51 pm

FR QUOTE: "Your stupid abuse is just that. Stupid."

YOUR PRIVATE MESSAGE MEANS JUST THAT. PRIVATE.

I beleive it is piss-weak to publish Private Messages without the consent of the author...
There are other ways of dealing with written abuse, ie, contact the Administrator of the website to ban the offender.

you are piss-weak Flatrocker...
are you are born-again do-gooder *****?...
nature is a language. can't you read?
if you spend your life looking behind you, you don't see what's up front...

Nudnik

Post by Nudnik » Fri Aug 13, 2004 3:00 pm

buzzy wrote:which I have to confess I think is so enormously wanky.
:lol: Do you realise how that sounds! :lol:

Do any of you bother to read his reports?
(prolly not as your not in Japan)
The majority of them are works of art!
(high and low brow art clashing together like some wicked backwash)
Like today's report.
He has the ability to make me laugh every morning with these reports.
He's a funny guy!
In more ways than one!! :lol: :twisted:
Last edited by Nudnik on Fri Aug 13, 2004 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zzz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by zzz » Fri Aug 13, 2004 3:03 pm

snakes wrote:Just like any lineup at any beach there is a pecking order - get used to it! If ya can't take the heat get out of the kitchen.

snakes
True - though even in the lineup the rule of law applies. Sure it gets bent a bit but you can't paddle out with a knife and stab everyone that looks at you funny - you'll end up in jail.

Stuey is a bit all over the place - sometimes he is funny, sometimes he has interesting stuff to say, sometimes he's an abusive pain in the arse. Sometimes he starts interesting conversations and sometimes he manages to stifle potentially interesting conversations with pointless dribel and abuse. I can understand that plenty of people with worthwhile stuff to contribute might have left because of him and don't really blame them. He'll probably come back sooner than he says 'cos he's addicted to the place.

One point he makes in his post above is valid though - there's no clear rules of engagement on here. It seems some people can get away with being abusive while others can't - the application is inconsistent. Some posts get deleted or moved, others don't etc. Some people get removed others don't. A three times and your out rule would be a good start to giving people a guide as to where they're going wrong rather than apparently random deletion of posts or people. If warnings were visible so everyone else could see that someone was yellow carded that would help others to guage what the standard is as well.

I've seen other news groups (e.g. ski.com.au) with a 'report this post' button that might be useful in assisting the moderators - you might be able to semi-automate things by yellow carding someone if their posts get above a certain number of reports - then clean the slate and if they get up there again its a red card. This also gives an element of control back to the people that actually spend time in the forums and read and contribute to them each day - they report posts they don't like and overall you start to get a level of consensus as to what people are willing to tolerate, which brings a level of democracy into the process and could also save moderators time.

Spoon
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Spoon » Fri Aug 13, 2004 3:07 pm

Bugger this I'm with Bumba. It's Friday arvo and it has been a long week, I'm going off for a beer. 8)
Al this is gold. "She didn't realise I was fairly high and spent much of the evening trying to figure out why a purple and orange cow wanted me to climb a tree."

Jessep
Local

Post by Jessep » Fri Aug 13, 2004 3:14 pm

why isnt flatrocker in here to defend himself?

Rug
Local

Post by Rug » Fri Aug 13, 2004 3:19 pm

I just thought of something. What if Stuey hasn't really left but is actually sitting at his computer seeing what people really think of him. He's probably amasing ammo from the comments that some people have made and is going to return badder than ever. Flame on.

Some of you will say that he's not but he did post in this very forum after he said he was gone. Just a thought but you never know.

Love you Stuey you sushi munching freak.

Nah I'll change that to "garn piz orf ya farkn pimpl on a sumos arz."

BA
Duke Status

Post by BA » Fri Aug 13, 2004 3:21 pm

Hedgehog wrote:You know the funniest thing, look at how he has got to all of yaz. By simply stating he's leaving, there is a thread dedicated to him with a bunch of limp wrists giving arguments as to why he should go.

Best parting gift eva!
To coin a phrase, "ya just hit the nail on the head" Hedgehog. Classic hey.

Rug
Local

Post by Rug » Fri Aug 13, 2004 3:22 pm

Spoon wrote:Bugger this I'm with Bumba. It's Friday arvo and it has been a long week, I'm going off for a beer. 8)
Can ya have several for me I'm at work til 9.