Stolen Surfboard - West End

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Stolen Surfboard - West End

Post by Donweather » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:27 pm

After I dropped my mate off yesterday at his place at West End (Brisbane) from a surf, he placed his board on the ground out the front of his place and went around the side to unlock his garage and when he came back, his board had been stolen. Apparently by two guys in a car. So here's the pic of the stolen board so if anyone sees this around the traps, could they please let me know ASAP. As my mate said, this board and he had been on many a world wide surfari and it was like losing his dog yesterday!!! #*!

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Re: Stolen Surfboard - West End

Post by Trev » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:47 pm

Oh Man!
Reggie is gonna have a field day with this.

Seriously though, it's amazing how quickly things like this can happen. There are some arseholes in the world.
Maybe e-mail the pic to the surf shops around town with a BOLO notice.
And keep an eye on ebay and gumtree etc.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:57 pm

Bit more info about the board?
Length, shaper?

Whilst in all likelihood they were complete pricks, there is also a lot of flood rubbish collection going on at the moment. I might've grabbed it too.

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:20 pm

Don, forgot to say that if it was flogged in that area and they look to sell it, it's pretty likely to go to Goodtime.

If your mate calls them (talk to Judy, preferably, or Gail) and gives them a description/photos, then they'll normally take things on consignment (i.e. not pay them upfront) and give your mate a call. Might cost him $20 goodwill or some wax/boardies purchase.

smallhouse
Grommet

Post by smallhouse » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:32 pm

Lost a pushbike on boundary st west end the same way .
I hope he gets it back.

TMC
Harry the Hat

Post by TMC » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:57 pm

alakaboo wrote:Don, forgot to say that if it was flogged in that area and they look to sell it, it's pretty likely to go to Goodtime.

If your mate calls them (talk to Judy, preferably, or Gail) and gives them a description/photos, then they'll normally take things on consignment (i.e. not pay them upfront) and give your mate a call. Might cost him $20 goodwill or some wax/boardies purchase.
Speak to Lambert who used to mod the boogies forum. He works at goodtime.
Coops@DY wrote:Tangents is a members only, wild west style frontier. People have lost their minds, cried, threatened to kill other members in here Its great!

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:13 pm

I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

hotcoffee

Post by hotcoffee » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:09 am

Any updates?