Look familiar

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

_cant_touch_this
Supporter
Supporter

Post by _cant_touch_this » Fri Aug 13, 2004 8:06 am

nah they all seem to live inland... and i seriously wonder whether many of them have actually BEEN surfing before...

thats what i meant by landlocked

Hedgehog
Local

Post by Hedgehog » Fri Aug 13, 2004 8:18 am

How about this quote from their learn to surf pages:

He is already paddling into the wave and is nearing the critical take off position. He is already angling down along the line. (Looks like this guy is in for a really nice wave, he probably learned all about surfing from these very pages!).

What a wank!!!
"Stay happy and everything will be perfectly all right"... Jack Norris

caspa

Post by caspa » Fri Aug 13, 2004 8:21 am

Yeah - PHPBB forums is widely available.
The level 2 support team for this large multinational I work for has just done one to help out the L1 guys. It looked damn familiar when I saw it.
Now I can keep a version of that open at all times and switch to it when the boss comes around - good camouflage :)

baldric
barnacle

Post by baldric » Fri Aug 13, 2004 9:25 am

caspa wrote:Now I can keep a version of that open at all times and switch to it when the boss comes around - good camouflage :)
but Caspa...you just know one day you'll be lookin' at the work site...the boss'll come around and you'll switch to Realsurf without thinkin'.....

and where's the next f*cken meatballs recipe....the last one I got the missus ta cook (seafood risotto) was a f*cken corker....

WiNzA
charger

Post by WiNzA » Fri Aug 13, 2004 4:55 pm

ahahahahahahah they have surf rules
Alcohol. Surfing under the influence is not a good idea. Save the drinking for the after surf bragging session at your local, telling everyone just how many barrels you got earlier.
Be Aware. Be aware of other surfers and water users, of the surf conditions, and of where you are surfing (see Patrolled Beaches).
Comfort Zone. You should surf in waves that you are comfortable in, don't get in over your head.
Fitness. Make sure you are physically fit when surfing. You need to be able to swim back to shore if you lose your board at the end of an exhausting session - no mean feat in a 3 metre swell.
Food. As with swimming, do not go surfing for at least 45 mins after a meal.
Fun. Surfing is all about having fun, keep it in mind when you are out in the waves.
Hold or Throw. Know when to hold onto your surfboard and when to get rid of it. If you are paddling out then keep hold of your board, you'll get out back to the line up more quickly and you will not put anyone paddling out behind you at risk. If you are about to wipe-out then get rid of your board. You are far more likely to sustain an injury if you and your board are getting washed around together.
Patrolled Beaches. If you are surfing on a patrolled beach make sure that you keep within the designated surfing are. Take note of where you should be surfing before you go out, and make sure you stick to it when you are out.
Priority. Always make sure that you are not taking anyone else's wave. Remember, the surfer who is closest to the breaking wave has priority. If you see someone already on a wave then the wave is taken and you'll have to wait for the next one.
Practice. If you want to improve then you need to be in the water surfing as regularly as possible. No-one got any better at anything by staying home and watching TV.
Respect. Respect the locals if you are visiting a beach. Remember that you are a guest and that waves should be shared.
Rips. If you are caught in a rip remember that it's called R.I.P. for a reason and you will probably not make it back to dry land ever again. (although hopefully you already know that a rip is a current that goes straight out to sea and if caught in one that you should not panic and paddle parallel to the beach until you have escaped)
Sun Block. Always wear a good waterproof sunblock. You'll know about it if you have been out for a few hours surfing in the sun without it. Also if you are not wearing a Wetsuit it is a good idea to wear a UV proof rash vest for body protection.
Surf Buddy. Always surf with at least one other person. Not only will you have more fun if you are sharing your waves but you will always have someone to help you out if you need it.
Surf Conditions. Make sure that the surf is safe before you go in. If you are going surfing at a spot you are unfamiliar with it is a good idea to get some advice from a local. Check out the surf spot while warming up.
Warm-up. Always have a quick warm-up and stretch before entering the surf. This will reduce the risk of muscle injury or cramp whilst you are surfing. It also gives you time to check for any rips or where the best spot to catch waves is.

u r kidding me right?
it isnt always the fastest or the biggest, rather the most determined

BA
Duke Status

Post by BA » Fri Aug 13, 2004 5:04 pm

Hahahaha ya had a few cracks at em on there Winza. Classic. :lol:

wayback
regular

Post by wayback » Fri Aug 13, 2004 7:34 pm

Rug
Local

Post by Rug » Sat Aug 14, 2004 1:40 pm

Go here and check what they class as 8-10ft. That's what it says in the description in the first picture. Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

http://www.eastcoastsurf.com/phpbb2/vie ... php?t=2203

Looks about 4-5ft in the second picture.

PS When you use an avi is it copywrited or are they free for all to use?
The best surfer in the water is the one having the most fun.

stretch
regular

Post by stretch » Sat Aug 14, 2004 3:32 pm

that shites like 3ft at best...farken seppos and overations. if nuggers out there.....please tell us that not all yanks are big toss tanks?

Nugger
Grommet

Post by Nugger » Sat Aug 14, 2004 4:30 pm

Hey Stretch,

Would love to be able to say that not all seppos suck but mate they just do. Lived here for 7 months now, met a few decent blokes and share a joint with a So Cali native, but sooner or later they always grate on ya some way or another. Usually it's because they're talking themselves up straight to your face. Met one dude in a bar, rich as fark 38 year old (trust fund baby) telling me that "Yeah I went Down Under to Surfers Paradise and partied it up with a bunch of local amateurs." See what I have to deal with.

But the dude did have hanging off his arm a jaw dropping blond strumpet with the most perfect (fake? care not) kazoongazzas ever to swing beneath a chin. Don't get me started on American chicks.
"Double your pleasure, double your funnn...."
The chief (RJ).

Nugger
Grommet

Post by Nugger » Sat Aug 14, 2004 5:17 pm

Although they can be annoying, some yanks can be hilarious at times. There's a comedy station on the tele here that shows some excellent stand-up routines. Saw some guy called Ron "tater salad" somebody or other and mate, I was in fits of laughter rolling around on the floor for close to an hour non-stop. The dude was so sharp and delivered his routine flawlessly, all the while chugging at least half a dozen ciggies and refilling his tumbler full of whiskey 4 times. He was like a cross between Rodney Rude and that Irish (I think?) comedian from the late seventies, early eighties Dave Allen. Hope to catch his act live some time.
"Double your pleasure, double your funnn...."
The chief (RJ).

WiNzA
charger

Post by WiNzA » Sat Aug 14, 2004 7:20 pm

BA wrote:Hahahaha ya had a few cracks at em on there Winza. Classic. :lol:
lol couldnt pass up the oppourtunity
it isnt always the fastest or the biggest, rather the most determined

flatrocker

Post by flatrocker » Sat Aug 14, 2004 8:43 pm

Check out the current topic that they have to deal with... a Hurricane!

They are talking east coast USA and the Hurricane just wiped out Cuba and the west coast of Florida.

http://www.eastcoastsurf.com/phpbb2/vie ... php?t=2256

baldric
barnacle

Post by baldric » Sat Aug 14, 2004 11:48 pm

flatrocker wrote:Check out the current topic that they have to deal with... a Hurricane!

They are talking east coast USA and the Hurricane just wiped out Cuba and the west coast of Florida.

http://www.eastcoastsurf.com/phpbb2/vie ... php?t=2256
go here and see what we now have to deal with....a Flatrocker!

http://www.flatrockerboringasbatshit.com.fu

baldric
barnacle

Post by baldric » Sun Aug 15, 2004 5:07 pm

Squid wrote:Server Not Found
Could not open the page “http://www.flatrockerboringasbatshit.com.fu/” because the server “www.flatrockerboringasbatshit.com.fu” could not be found.
funny my search returned:

Server Not Found
Could not open the page “http://www.flatrockerboringasbatshit.com.fu/” because the server “www.flatrockerboringasbatshit.com.fu” has died of boredom

:lol:

Rug
Local

Post by Rug » Sun Aug 15, 2004 5:19 pm

baldric wrote:
Squid wrote:Server Not Found
Could not open the page “http://www.flatrockerboringasbatshit.com.fu/” because the server “www.flatrockerboringasbatshit.com.fu” could not be found.
funny my search returned:

Server Not Found
Could not open the page “http://www.flatrockerboringasbatshit.com.fu/” because the server “www.flatrockerboringasbatshit.com.fu” has died of boredom

:lol:

Who needs Stuey when I can laugh at this.Hahahahahahahahahaha
The best surfer in the water is the one having the most fun.