Swell drought's about to end

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Swell drought's about to end

Post by Nick Carroll » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:30 am

ex-tropical low along the coast plus solid high over NZ. Plus another ex tropical low flaring past NZ and moving back at us.

Ka boom. I wanna hear some stories from you mob after next week.

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Re: Swell drought's about to end

Post by Donweather » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:12 am

Nick Carroll wrote:Ka boom.
Ka Boom is about right for what ex Ossie is about to do to our good banks in SE Qld/Nth NSW at the moment!!! So when that longer range E'ly groundswell does it, there's not gonna be any sand left to surf these waves on!!!!

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:29 am

Donweather wrote:
Nick Carroll wrote:Ka boom.
Ka Boom is about right for what ex Ossie is about to do to our good banks in SE Qld/Nth NSW at the moment!!! So when that longer range E'ly groundswell does it, there's not gonna be any sand left to surf these waves on!!!!
Crowds at teh points then <:
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

el rancho
Duke Status

Post by el rancho » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:32 pm

special K could be pumping.

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:06 am

You're on the wrong gear

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:36 am

Looks like local winds may just spoil this parade anyway. And I'm not talking about when we have the shitty locally generated Ossie wind swell stuff either. I'm talking about when the real juice arrives!!

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:08 am

Nice waves on Bali's East Coast last week from the cyclone. The ferry to Lombok was cancelled for days :-D-: :-D-: :-D-:
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

bc
charger

Post by bc » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:43 pm

There was discussion of diverging swell predictions, which could put us in either option.
Cross your fingers and be ready to go.

SurfieC
Local

Post by SurfieC » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:54 pm

iggy wrote::-?

SN: (cenny, sidders, south coast)
Monday 28th January
Large and powerful NE groundswell building from 6-8ft to 8-10ft across north-east facing beaches during the late a'noon. Open beaches building to 8ft late in the day. Wide-range of wind conditions varying from E to NW to NE during the day. Keep an eye on local obs.

CW: (cenny, sidders, south coast)
Monday 28th January
Larger ENE swell with possible small S swell 4-5ft with larger sets possible on open beaches. WIND: Variable light early rising E in arvo 10-15 kt

:| :?: :-?
Jesus fucking Christ. I have to say what a birthday present from the nature, but its a little bit to much..I told my friend yesterday, if I not show up in the evening I should died in the ocean. Seriously, I'll check the waves at the beach and then I'll decide. But I need an other board for that. With my shortboard is not a good idea. You know, where I could rent a suitable board for this day in Sydney?

swvic
Snowy McAllister

Post by swvic » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:22 pm

Oh, fcuk
marcus wrote:and that vicco dude, whatsisname?

channels
Snowy McAllister

Post by channels » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:37 pm

I'm sure Reginald will lend you a board for the day

offshore1
Duke Status

Post by offshore1 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:41 pm

channels wrote:I'm sure Reginald will lend you a board for the day
it's the least he could do. and get shearer to film it.
surfiec is that a german/english translator you're using or a german/ American Indian one. You sound like Tonto.
marauding mullet wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 6:03 pm
Jesus I’m surrounded by schnitzel tards.

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:51 pm

offshore1 wrote:
channels wrote:I'm sure Reginald will lend you a board for the day
it's the least he could do. and get shearer to film it.
surfiec is that a german/english translator you're using or a german/ American Indian one. You sound like Tonto.
I doubt reggie will

He has shown himself to be a man without honour

Steve, on the other hand, I'm sure would do an excellent job with filming. Providing that he can get someone else to do the music and can keep his bourgeois dalliances in check in the editing room.
some cnut wrote:There are only two real problems that we face in life, knowing what we want but being unable to know how to get it and/or not knowing what we want
It's possible to hate the filthy world and still love it with an abstract pitying love

SurfieC
Local

Post by SurfieC » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:54 pm

No worries, maybe 10 percent I'll do this. And I ' ll like to catch just one wave

Because I have to prepare me for my next destination Tahiti Teahupoo.... :shock: No, seriously

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:04 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
SurfieC wrote:No worries, maybe 10 percent I'll do this. And I ' ll like to catch just one wave

Because I have to prepare me for my next destination Tahiti Teahupoo.... :shock: No, seriously
Love this stuff.
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

SurfieC
Local

Post by SurfieC » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:16 pm

surfiec is that a german/english translator you're using or a german/ American Indian one. You sound like Tonto.[/quote]

Most time I wrote my own words in the Google translator in english. Because I like to say this in my own words and try to improve more my english skills. It's sounds stupid, but doesn't matter. And if not know same word or sentence then I can write this in german or depends how lazy I' m. Finally then I copy and cut that. This is the secret, why my english sounds sometimes stupid and sometimes perfect. But I have to say, if you write something in german the grammar is horrible as well...

swvic
Snowy McAllister

Post by swvic » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:20 pm

The longer this goes on, the greater I doubt the authenticity. I've (seemingly alone) been questioning that although Claudia is a living thing, is she in fact SurfieC? KK's still in the mix. If I'm wrong, thank fcuk she won't be running me over with the oversized big swell weapon she's chasing. Maybe iggy has something suitable?

iggy, if you get her a suitable board and go surfing with her, I'll be convinced. It's the only way
marcus wrote:and that vicco dude, whatsisname?

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:31 pm

swvic wrote:The longer this goes on, the greater I doubt the authenticity. I've (seemingly alone) been questioning that although Claudia is a living thing, is she in fact SurfieC? KK's still in the mix. If I'm wrong, thank fcuk she won't be running me over with the oversized big swell weapon she's chasing. Maybe iggy has something suitable?

iggy, if you get her a suitable board and go surfing with her, I'll be convinced. It's the only way
swvic congratulations for being the most trusting individual on realsurf.
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?