"possible shark attack at DY"

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Spoon
Supporter
Supporter

Re: "possible shark attack at DY"

Post by Spoon » Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:05 pm

Peace love and mungbeans to you too Reg.
After sitting at work and watching the footage of the crowds at Bondi on the shore due to a shark siting I think the north coast would be a much better place to be. I will be there in a fortnight. :-)
Why would anyone want to go to Bondi especially on a public holiday.
Al this is gold. "She didn't realise I was fairly high and spent much of the evening trying to figure out why a purple and orange cow wanted me to climb a tree."

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:52 pm

Ah how the mighty are fallen.

All those harsh sentiments directed at our tattered regional brethren, abandoned at the merest whiff of their sylvan fields.

How do you expect men to follow you into battle if you can't stick to your insults. Wait till George Miller hears about this. You'll never work again.

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:49 pm

We ended up going for a bit of a hike down to Bronte and then round to Bondi at about 11:30. About as crowded as I've seen it. Had a nice bodysurf down in the southern corner. Then worked out we would have to walk back to Bronte which half of us did. Traffic was crawling down the hill at Bronte all day.
Got the bus back up the hill without too much trouble.

Had a feed and a nap and drove down to Tama about 6pm for a very pleasant swim on the reef and at McKenzies. No hassles getting a park then. No sharks sighted all day although we did see a suspicious rock at McKenzies. Lucky we didn't hear the news reports till we got home.

The waters a really awesome temp at the moment. So the big city beaches aren't too bad on a sunny summers day.
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

otway1949
barnacle

Post by otway1949 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:47 pm

Nick Carroll wrote:Ah the merest whiff of their sylvan fields.
Men have been known to pine for that sylvan waft!
Jaffa, I'm opinionated, and I'm sometimes right. So?

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:40 am

He's floating around the hood here threatening to visit Casa Shearer.

I've got a couple semi-wild bunnies I'm hoping to send home with him while he's all cosmic.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand

Post by crabmeat thompson » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:54 am

We need to change this thread title to The Summer of Reg ... pronto.

This is the awakening of a soul, right before our very keyboards.
Kunji wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 8:09 am
Would you mind throwing in a little more homoeroticism

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:31 pm

Yeah right, it's like Robin Williams in that brain freeze movie.

Three hours at Shearer's with that ghastly rooster and the "awakening" will pass.

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:43 pm

So, that was you.

My wife was like: "this guy was just standing at the front door, yelling....hooroo...."

Home now.

I had the phone with me, you weirdo.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

Spoon
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Spoon » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:31 pm

I think Don Burke tarnished Hooroo for everyone for life didn't he. You don't happen to have a beard do your Reg?
Al this is gold. "She didn't realise I was fairly high and spent much of the evening trying to figure out why a purple and orange cow wanted me to climb a tree."

Yuke Hunt
Duke Status

Post by Yuke Hunt » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:35 pm

steve shearer wrote:My wife was like: "this guy was just standing at the front door, yelling....hooroo...."
Your wife probably mistook him for a peddler ... :shock:

fongss wrote:Hooroo..... :shock:

I would never ever picked reg as a hoorooer :!:

I bet he was wearing sensible slacks and a casual but fashionable polo top :?:
A ghastly cavalcade of smartly attired Reginald's hoorooing around the fringes of humanity.

Hoorooing indeed.

The polite way to sound ones arrival is to knock with your elbows ... fcuking philistines.
The moving finger writes and having writ moves on ... now all thy piety nor wit shall lure it back to cancel even half a line ... nor all thy tears wash out a single word of it.

Yuke Hunt
Duke Status

Post by Yuke Hunt » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:48 pm

woolly wrote: Or nana's call ... "Wooda woot!" (oo as in book) which can mean "Where are you?", "Can you hear me?", "Get outta the road!", or many other nana connotations.
Surely you jest ... that sounds more like Nana with her false teeth out requesting a bone ... Wooda woot translates into english as "wanta root".
The moving finger writes and having writ moves on ... now all thy piety nor wit shall lure it back to cancel even half a line ... nor all thy tears wash out a single word of it.

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:55 pm

Spoon wrote:I think Don Burke tarnished Hooroo for everyone for life didn't he.
Don Burke is a 24 carat Cnut. Like not just in a generic celebrity Cnut way, but in real life. If you ever see him, tell him he is a Cnut, then let him insult you back, then punch the living shit out of him.

I will be a bit pissed off because I will have missed the opportunity, but you will have a claim on my goodwill to be redeemed in whichever manner you choose.

Animal_Chin
Local

Post by Animal_Chin » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:14 pm

Nick Carroll wrote:
Spoon wrote:I think Don Burke tarnished Hooroo for everyone for life didn't he.
Don Burke is a 24 carat Cnut. Like not just in a generic celebrity Cnut way, but in real life. If you ever see him, tell him he is a Cnut, then let him insult you back, then punch the living shit out of him.

I will be a bit pissed off because I will have missed the opportunity, but you will have a claim on my goodwill to be redeemed in whichever manner you choose.
Crikey!! :shock:

Did he root yer sister?

Spoon
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Spoon » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:25 pm

Don Burke is well known in the industry as a cnut. He treats women like shit and has been bailed out when his popularity was high from unpleasant situations. There was talk that when he was in Paris, he had treated the crew like crap so one morning they went for a walk in this park and found this guy boxing training in the park. They slipped him some cash to smash Don in the face.They got Don to wander down to show him the gardens and Don sparred with this boxer guy for a bit of fun then he ended up breaking Don's nose and then apologised and said he didn't mean it. So the legend has it.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:28 pm

Spoon wrote:Don Burke is well known in the industry as a cnut. He treats women like shit and has been bailed out when his popularity was high from unpleasant situations. There was talk that when he was in Paris, he had treated the crew like crap so one morning they went for a walk in this park and found this guy boxing training in the park. They slipped him some cash to smash Don in the face.They got Don to wander down to show him the gardens and Don sparred with this boxer guy for a bit of fun then he ended up breaking Don's nose and then apologised and said he didn't mean it. So the legend has it.
Don Burke told that story himself.
Except the bit where the crew paid the guy to do it.
Apparentyl Burke fancied himself as a boxer back in his uni days.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

the prawn
Duke Status

Post by the prawn » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:49 pm

Peter Cundle would have him for dinner with his knowledge of Ecky Thump.
It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again