should occky be strip of his world crown?

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

damo666
regular

Re: should occky be strip of his world crown?

Post by damo666 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:26 am

I thought they already did drug tests - didnt one of the Brazillians get done for riods a few years back?

Biggun
regular

Post by Biggun » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:36 am

not just surfers, pretty much every professional sportsman who worth his salt. and yes that includes F1 drivers, golfers, and the wallabies.

Anyone else aware that the worlds greatest footballer has been on HGH since he joined Barcelona as a wee tacker - they were concerned he was a midget and would not grow big enough... :lol:

for mine, giveafuk, let em take drugs, we all do anyways...

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:49 am

damo666 wrote:I thought they already did drug tests - didnt one of the Brazillians get done for riods a few years back?
Neco Padaratz tested positive for a steroid at the French WCT event. That and the Margaret River event (the Drug Aware Pro) were until this year the only pro surfing events to conduct drug tests. In France, it was necessary as part of the event's part sponsorship by a French govt agency.

Neco received a 12 month ban.

Drug testing has been part of ISA surfing events for over a decade and several people have been busted for recreational drug use and undergone counselling. As far as I know, nobody in ISA events has been busted twice.

Drug testing is now supposed to be being carried out at WCT events; I haven't seen it or any evidence of it. Gonna request a summary from the ASP at the end of the year, they'll prolly blank me.

fong I dunno, to my mind there's a difference between covert blood doping and HGH/steroid use designed to gain an artificial competitive advantage, and recreational drug use, which is unlikely to give anyone an advantage and might actually do the opposite more often than not. But yeah, maybe. Of course you would also have to strip AI (posthumously), Derek Ho, both TCs, Pottz, prolly PT, Bugs and MR, and also Dooma and Shaun if alcohol was included on your banned list. None of 'em ever used a competition enhancer, but all of 'em drank and used recreational drugs during their careers.

Largely in context, I would say: whoopee-fcuken-doo.

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:58 am

Gotta be a bit suspicious of these 22 year old footballers having heart attacks on the pitch.

There was a Canadian snowboarder who lost his title due to pot smoking, then got it back.

Doesn't Slater only eat raw organic food that was harvested under moonlight by elves no more than 3 feet high, or something like that?

Quangers
Local

Post by Quangers » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:35 pm

^^^^ :lol: :lol: :lol:

I wonder if Slater will come out and say anything about his mate, Lance?

Lucky Al
Duke Status

Post by Lucky Al » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:56 pm

fun fact. the sport with the biggest use of performance-enhancing drugs is chess. true. not sure what drugs, meth and muscle relaxants maybe or a combination. but it's true.

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:24 am

alakaboo wrote:Doesn't Slater only eat raw organic food that was harvested under moonlight by elves no more than 3 feet high, or something like that?
Yeah. right! Like there are any elves taller than 3 foot.

dUg
barnacle
Location: sitting in my car waiting for someone else to paddle out first

Post by dUg » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:42 pm

Nick Carroll wrote:
alakaboo wrote:Doesn't Slater only eat raw organic food that was harvested under moonlight by elves no more than 3 feet high, or something like that?
Yeah. right! Like there are any elves taller than 3 foot.
I believe they are Gnomes, but Nick's comment still stands.

Biatheletes ( and any stationary target competition shooter ) also benefit from Beta blockers. They are somewhat of a wonder drug, lowering blood pressure, "bad" cholestrol production and stabilizing wobbly heart rhythms. It's for the latter reason people like me have to take them every day. Performers ( especially concert musicians ) have been getting them prescribed for years due to their effects of reducing the "fight or flight" response and all the undesirable side effects it induces. Actors know them as "stage fright pills".

It's interesting fongers you compare Slater and Lance... I see a great many similarities, and I think each of them recognises and respects those attributes in the other.

Pro cyclists have definitely used recreational drugs to enhance performance over many years. Google "Pot Belge". I would not be surprised to find some pro-surfers past and present have tried a similar brew.

Skipper
Duke Status

Post by Skipper » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:57 pm

Pot Belge huh? Fancy dat.
Sounds like candy flipping to me. Ravers been doing that for decades.

And I thought I was onto summink with the Pot Alban.

swvic
Snowy McAllister

Post by swvic » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:58 pm

I've previously referred to a mate who was a pro rider in Belgium for several years. He tells me that at the start of some team training races they'd all be on so much juice they'd be shaking. He also has a book (by Philippe Gaumont I think) that shows diary entries of drug taking. Frightening amounts
marcus wrote:and that vicco dude, whatsisname?

chrisb
Owl status

Post by chrisb » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:32 pm

alakaboo wrote:There was a Canadian snowboarder who lost his title due to pot smoking, then got it back.
Probably because they couldn't find any snowboarders who didn't smoke pot :shock:

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:20 pm

I think it was actually because they realised it wasn't on the list of banned substances.

Probably for the reason you outlined above.

Kunji
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Kunji » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:30 pm

I want some beta blockers.
------------
BA (on Realsurf) wrote: It's the wild west with a bit more homo-eroticism.

Damage
Owl status

Post by Damage » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:47 pm

Sounds cool.

Kunji
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Kunji » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:05 pm

Yeah, great. Im in.
------------
BA (on Realsurf) wrote: It's the wild west with a bit more homo-eroticism.

Skipper
Duke Status

Post by Skipper » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:48 pm

Wheel that fridge down to the waterfront pronto Reg!

( Coops! Wtf, you at Madlib or what? )

Damage
Owl status

Post by Damage » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:56 am

I'd like to see how Fong's posts read when he's on the juice.

kreepykrawly
Owl status

Post by kreepykrawly » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:58 am

reginald wrote:I want some EPO.

A mate who has kidney disease told me he has a fridge full of it. Says it turns you from feeling sick and shit one minute to basically the best and healthiest you've ever felt + 50%. It will cure the worst hangover just like that. If your're getting sick or are sick, coming down with something. Boom you feel on top of the world. Not high or speedy just really really healthy and in top shape. You sleep better wake up feeling great everything is turned up to 11
Are talking about erythropoietin or evening primrose oil?. If you are talking about the former then you’re better off getting on the juice(test and dec)

My wife usually gives evening primrose oil to ladies with hormonal problems. If evening primrose oil works for your boyfriend Reginald...good on him.

Everyday I take multivitamins, magnesium, vitamin c, protein powder , creatine, zinc, quality fish oil, glutamine, tribulus and arginine (works like a beta blocker), various herbs (carrying natural anti inflammatory qualities) and eat loads of nuts, fruit and vegetables.