trees

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

vb
Local

trees

Post by vb » Thu Aug 05, 2004 3:24 pm

usually take the wakehurst parkway to work but had to drop me missus at the Mall today and as I was driving past Longie I was reminded of some comments I read on a thread here ... shite, what is it with all the trees (scrub really) hiding a zillion dollar view. German bank needs to be working to get a squizz at a wave. Same thing up at Newport/Bilgola where there's eight metre wattle trees. I'm old enough to remember the original flora up there at it was 2m high max wind-sheared sheoak. Can't see how this scrub benefits anybody ... if the surf is crap, surfers will drive by and not jam up carparks taking a closer look

bumbaclot
Supporter
Supporter

Post by bumbaclot » Thu Aug 05, 2004 3:37 pm

I has said it before, should all be trimmed back! and rotten eggs thrown at the filth on the corner with the speed traps!! wankers to a man :roll:
I've got two bad habits, smoking and masturbation.
I'm a twenty a day man and I smoke like a farkin chimney.

"Stay happy and you'll be perfectly fine"... Jack Norris

daltz

Post by daltz » Thu Aug 05, 2004 3:43 pm

yeah how is that veebs, there is a little section (goin nth) around the corner and you can sneak a look over the g/course and white rock.
how many times have you nearly taken someone out tryin to sneak a peek. me, heaps a times

caspa

Post by caspa » Thu Aug 05, 2004 10:23 pm

could be worse
like out west in the new developments
no trees
no shrubs
just brick and tile and asphalt

Spoon
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Spoon » Fri Aug 06, 2004 9:19 am

Longy and Newport were always able to be seen from memory. It seems only in the last couple of years that these shrubs have had a spurt. You used to also be able to sneak a peak at Bilgola if you were headed up that way. Nowdays my wife says I'll look you keep your eyes on the road which you never do.
Al this is gold. "She didn't realise I was fairly high and spent much of the evening trying to figure out why a purple and orange cow wanted me to climb a tree."

Schwez
regular

Post by Schwez » Fri Aug 06, 2004 9:57 am

There was a big shitfight in the Manly Daily a little while back. Some dude at Longy stated choppin down trees to improve his view, then a few fellas at Avalon started doin it too. Caused a big debate and Council got involved etc.
Bahhh! Chop em all down! Trees cause accidents!
I can resist everything - except temptation.

stuey

Post by stuey » Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:51 am

OI! I aint seen a freakin tree in years!!! Love da buggers. Just cos yar all lazy shits and done wanna get outa yar cars ta take a proper look!

theboat
charger

Post by theboat » Fri Aug 06, 2004 4:04 pm

Spoon wrote:. Nowdays my wife says I'll look you keep your eyes on the road which you never do.
So true, dropping my girlfriend off at collaroy a while ago and on the way there was saying that i was going to check if longy was good for a surf that arvo. she told me not too look, she would tell me if i kept my eyes on the road. i was behind an l-plater so thought it best to oblige....

"look any good?"
"yeah, pretty"

BA
Duke Status

Post by BA » Fri Aug 06, 2004 4:17 pm

There must be at least one accident a day at that little u turn spot to get to Longy (when going North) mainly due to people trying to check the waves and running up the ass of someone turning. Check the glass and skidmarks next time ur there. Anyone for a bushfire ?

BA
Duke Status

Post by BA » Fri Aug 06, 2004 4:19 pm

The word a s s got edited form me post. Are you guys kidding.

WANDERER
Owl status

Post by WANDERER » Fri Aug 06, 2004 4:28 pm

the reef riders malibu club donate money to the people who look after the wattle and other plants along, from what i hear the current plants there aren't the native ones, they grow for about twice as long as the natives and obviously grow larger too, once these start to die off they will be replaced by the native plants which are supposed to be there...

PS i was walking on the "great north walk" the other weekend up near burns bay bridge and pittwater rd hunters hill, i came upon this house and it seemed that all the big ol gums were dying in the public bushland between this guys house and the lane cove river... don't know how a tree sickness could affect such a small specific area... :roll:

theboat
charger

Post by theboat » Fri Aug 06, 2004 4:30 pm

a s s? i dont even know what word you are talking about?

BA
Duke Status

Post by BA » Fri Aug 06, 2004 4:32 pm

If I write it again it will be deleted again. Bottom, anus.

snakes
barnacle

Post by snakes » Fri Aug 06, 2004 6:11 pm

WANDERER wrote:the reef riders malibu club donate money to the people who look after the wattle
Good to hear they're looking after the wattle - the best source of naturally occurring DMT :twisted:

snakes

Schwez
regular

Post by Schwez » Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:43 am

BA wrote:If I write it again it will be deleted again. Bottom, anus.
Censorship test!

Bum
Poo
Wee
Tit
Fart
Shit
Crap
Piss
I can resist everything - except temptation.

BA
Duke Status

Post by BA » Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:34 am

Cool, I can use the word poo in my posts. You farken beauty. :lol: