Whale washed up into newport beach pool

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Re: Whale washed up into newport beach pool

Post by Nick Carroll » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:22 pm

by the way, this whale tourism bs is out of hand.

The lady in Bakers Delight served a woman this morning who had driven down from fcuken Queensland just to see the carcass.

daryl
Huey's Right Hand

Post by daryl » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:26 pm

Nick Carroll wrote:by the way, this whale tourism bs is out of hand.

The lady in Bakers Delight served a woman this morning who had driven down from fcuken Queensland just to see the carcass.
My sister? Just her style, big fan of that other woman from fcuken Queensland.

kayu
Local

Post by kayu » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:34 pm

Lucky it didn't happen midsummer......the cloud of blowflies would be extreme, and deafening.. :shock:

crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand

Post by crabmeat thompson » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:05 pm

She just went full retard.
Kunji wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 8:09 am
Would you mind throwing in a little more homoeroticism

kayu
Local

Post by kayu » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:16 pm

.....preserve it with a layer of 6oz cloth ,polish it up ,then crank up the Whale Watching industry right on Newport Beach............

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:58 pm

yes well don't youse worry.

They left a fair bit of whale buried in the sand, awaiting the first heat wave of spring.

I think this whole episode has been pretty fcuken unenlightening, I mean this gigantic mammal gets washed up, it's dead, so it turns into a Media Event, thousands of people show up to see it but none of 'em touch it or have anything to do with it really, then a bunch of bureaucrats get hold of it, hack it up, drag it away to rot in a landfill and bury the remnants in the sand at the beach, and a bunch of other bureaucrats decide you can't go in the water until Monday.

Why fcuken Monday? Why will that be safe but not Sunday? Why not use this amazing beast's remains for something other than rottenness? Why not let people get up close to it, take bits if they like?

And everyone going "Oh so sad," when it's actually a spectacular affirmation of the coastal ecosystem's revival post-whaling.

Fcuking white people, we are truly out of touch with what goes on along this coast.

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:36 pm

I've got part of a whale.

kayu
Local

Post by kayu » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:34 pm

This was not an uncommon occurrence when I lived at Seal Rocks ....dead whales are on the nose....it was hard to stop the dogs from rollin in em............the one at Newport should have parked its carcas at Whale Beach.....

Natho
barnacle

Post by Natho » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:36 pm

Just you wait. That Michael Brown will be all over this if he is not already. Something about the whale blubber left under the sand at Newport attracting more sharks into the area = reason why the state govt needs to re look at funding his shark spotting service.

Remeber when that guy got taken off the rocks at Mona Vale by that massive Great White ( Wobbygong )according to Mr Brown. :idea:

collnarra

Post by collnarra » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:02 pm

reginald wrote:There is no doubt what so ever that this Tim Blair creature is cock breathed dammit of immense proportions.
I used to work with Tim. That pretty much nails it.
the tools of the trade are the head and the heart - mission of burma

daryl
Huey's Right Hand

Post by daryl » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:10 am

collnarra wrote:
reginald wrote:There is no doubt what so ever that this Tim Blair creature is cock breathed dammit of immense proportions.
I used to work with Tim. That pretty much nails it.
some of that sounds like here

still here
charger

Post by still here » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:01 am

Ok , I went up to gawk at the gawkers and partake in some of the carnival atmosphere ..... As well as look at the whale .
I'd heard from some eskimo's i know that these beasts are
a) pretty interesting in terms of putting their size into some kind of context b) usually carnival style events .... And while I travelled 15 km to attend the Newport event it's not uncommon for Eskimos to travel 100 km or more on foot to such events , and even move whole villages for a few months to attend such events
Be that as it may , I was disappointed in the lack of spiritual ceremony and lack of spirited crying and blubbering and ultimately thanksgiving that is an integral part of Eskimo whale dying ceremonies !

But it looked as if they were burying chunks of whale in the sand . Why would you do that when it's clearly going to rot and then stink worse than Dee Why with it's buried seaweed in kiddies corner ? Eskimos dont swim or surf and even they know to settle new village upwind of a whale corpse . If fish and sharks can pick up scents far more effectively than us humans why not just take it up to kingship tip or Belrose ???????????????
(perhaps the new tip fees too high with carbon tax loading )

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:16 am

They buried some pieces of the thing overnight, then came back and retrieved them the next day.

There is a mild lingering after-scent of dead whale wafting around the beach nearby. No sign of any overt shark activity during or post-whale choppery.

Plenty of fcuken dolphins though. Yeah that's really fcuken respectful, dolphins. What a bunch of flippery cnuts.

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:19 pm

They were every fcuken where.

No sense of decency.

swvic
Snowy McAllister

Post by swvic » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:46 pm

You might both have it wrong. Maybe dolphins are like eskimos and respect dead whales. Been lots of dolphins around here since the dead beast washed ashore

Last week at dusk one was almost scaring me the way it was charging. Not playful like a pod the previous day. Wife reckons it was warning me of a shark. Bullshit I say. Did paddle to another bank when I was last left on that one though
marcus wrote:and that vicco dude, whatsisname?

saucy gibbon
barnacle

Post by saucy gibbon » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:09 pm

swvic wrote:You might both have it wrong. Maybe dolphins are like eskimos and respect dead whales. Been lots of dolphins around here since the dead beast washed ashore

Last week at dusk one was almost scaring me the way it was charging. Not playful like a pod the previous day. Wife reckons it was warning me of a shark. Bullshit I say. Did paddle to another bank when I was last left on that one though

locals only
Uni is not the real world.

saucy gibbon
barnacle

Post by saucy gibbon » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:12 pm

dolphins are jerks, if they could use the internet they'd have names like Dinosaur, Reggie or Devon.
Uni is not the real world.