"the shire" real life in cronulla?

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Re: "the shire" real life in cronulla?

Post by oldman » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:46 pm

Omar Cummin wrote:Ah, the Shire. For NSWelshmen, Next best thing to Queensland.
There's a strong resemblance, although the shire folk are of a much higher quality.

The insularity, the resident chip on shoulder implant as you buy into the locale, the 'god's own' mentality.

Sure it isn't as depicted on the TV, nor will you necessarily find these qualities in any or every person from the Shire, but boy the total group still emanates this vibe.
Lucky Al wrote:You could call your elbows borogoves, and your knees bandersnatches, and go whiffling through the tulgey woods north of narrabeen, burbling as you came.

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:53 pm

Coops wrote:Of the 100 or so people ive met from Cronulla none of them are like those fake wankers on the show. If anyone thinks that that's what its like there, then they are as dumb as the idiots on the show.
If I may just take the opportunity to disagree with coops, Nick, Trev, RickyG and possibly more, thus getting full value for this stereotypical sideswipe.................

Fark I've met lots of people like that from the shire.

Seems to me that all the young women particularly come from that same cookie cutter. The cultural hegemony is unbelievable, stifling, Kafkaesque. The Taliban, nay, Big Brother (no, no the TV show you mongs, from the Book '1984') would be envious of the level of thought control.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Lucky Al wrote:You could call your elbows borogoves, and your knees bandersnatches, and go whiffling through the tulgey woods north of narrabeen, burbling as you came.

daryl
Huey's Right Hand

Post by daryl » Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:43 pm

The american dream. Vandalism of coastline by developers and other fatsocronies, victimsof hollywood brainwashing who don't realize how disgusting
IT IS the product of cheap mind control, at the expense of true personal liberties, and the future of the planet. Shame.

booradley
regular

Post by booradley » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:32 pm

daryl wrote:The american dream. Vandalism of coastline by developers and other fatsocronies, victimsof hollywood brainwashing who don't realize how disgusting
IT IS the product of cheap mind control, at the expense of true personal liberties, and the future of the planet. Shame.
Too true. "Aspirational" types all whinging about the economy cos they cant upgrade to a new Amarok so they can bring home their third LCD TV and watch Better Homes and Gardens and build a big fence to keep out anyone who doesn't play netball and touch footy...yes, I grew up there :roll:

ajohnsen
Duke Status

Post by ajohnsen » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:22 am

I'm waiting for the Insular Peninsular. Heard it's going to be good.

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:45 pm

oldman wrote:Seems to me that all the young women particularly come from that same cookie cutter.
Having said that, obviously purely for shock purposes, I have to say that the shire girls are mighty perdy, just like those tanned whitebread northern beaches girls.

I wish they all could beat shire girls.

Glamarama
regular

Post by Glamarama » Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:56 pm

Nuffing wrong with that cookie cutter

Shire girls are hotties. The local babes anyway.

The 2 sic chickies in the show are supposed to be from burwood I read would nt pick them to be representative of the local lasses.

astro
Grommet

Post by astro » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:22 pm

RickyG wrote:
chrisb wrote: However, considering that there are numerous local councils and shires in Sydney it seems to me to be the epitome of smugness and general wankerism to call your local area THE Shire.
I was born and raised there and never even heard the expression 'the shire' or 'God's country' or whatever until i was in my 20s. I'm pretty sure it didn't come from within 'the shire' - seemed to be a derogatory label coined by people elsewhere.
Its got Realestate Agent written all over it if you ask me. :(

saucy gibbon
barnacle

Post by saucy gibbon » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:39 pm

the area was coined "the shire" after the observance of "hobbits

it was later determined that they weren't hobbits, just inbreds
Uni is not the real world.

brendo
barnacle

Post by brendo » Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:59 pm

astro wrote:
RickyG wrote:
chrisb wrote: However, considering that there are numerous local councils and shires in Sydney it seems to me to be the epitome of smugness and general wankerism to call your local area THE Shire.
I was born and raised there and never even heard the expression 'the shire' or 'God's country' or whatever until i was in my 20s. I'm pretty sure it didn't come from within 'the shire' - seemed to be a derogatory label coined by people elsewhere.
Its got Realestate Agent written all over it if you ask me. :(
funny u mention that, the realestate section in the local freebie paper is called, u guessed it............... 'the shire' :lol:

kreepykrawly
Owl status

Post by kreepykrawly » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:10 pm

I’ve never drugged anyone from ‘the shire’ and brought them back to the northern beaches.

Hang on…is Tarren Point part of 'the Shire'???

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:48 pm

oldman wrote:
oldman wrote:Seems to me that all the young women particularly come from that same cookie cutter.
Having said that, obviously purely for shock purposes, I have to say that the shire girls are mighty perdy, just like those tanned whitebread northern beaches girls.

I wish they all could beat shire girls.
Well you know, healthy lifestyle, good nutrition, etc. However, once they reach adulthood the eastern suburbs p*sses all over them. Just catch a train from Bondi Junction to the city any week day in the morning.
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

Skipper
Duke Status

Post by Skipper » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:43 pm

Aren't they mostly poms on extended visas and/or lower north shore chicks who've left the family roost for rooster ville. ?

Glamarama
regular

Post by Glamarama » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:36 pm

Beanie

Our local girls are ok if you like primadonnas. And ima local born and raised and never left.
Give me a shire honey any time.

Spoon
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Spoon » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:40 pm

I went out with a girl from Miranda, absolutely smoking hot but dumb.
Al this is gold. "She didn't realise I was fairly high and spent much of the evening trying to figure out why a purple and orange cow wanted me to climb a tree."

RickyG
Snowy McAllister

Post by RickyG » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:29 am

tomtom wrote:
Spoon wrote:I went out with a girl from Miranda, absolutely smoking hot but dumb.
Carmen?
Maybe they met at Carmen's nightclub?
andy2476 wrote:
Ricky gets my vote. I hate undercover tards.

petulance
Huey's Right Hand

Post by petulance » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:54 pm

Beanpole wrote: Well you know, healthy lifestyle, good nutrition, etc. However, once they reach adulthood the eastern suburbs p*sses all over them. Just catch a train from Bondi Junction to the city any week day in the morning.
The Westfield in Bondi Junction usually has good eye candy.

Much better than Westfield Eastgardens ...
smnmntll wrote: She's also moderately hot, with a bit of that petulance-approved titless starved whippet look about her but still pretty decent.

Glamarama
regular

Post by Glamarama » Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:09 pm

Shit

You guys been out with Carmen as well?