BESSSSST WAVE Of ya lifes

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

aaronn
barnacle

BESSSSST WAVE Of ya lifes

Post by aaronn » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:40 pm

longy reefer bombie-orAs
Last edited by aaronn on Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Natho
barnacle

Re: BESSSSST WAVE Of ya lifes

Post by Natho » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:57 pm

Hard to single out one wave but I reckon I got a few of em in Hawaii earlier this year. Others that stand out we're pumping Soup Bowls ( Barbados) a few years ago, a few great sessions at Snapper that come to mind.Some good indo sessions too.Hard to answer. And one big big day out at Newport Bommie a few years ago. The wave is pretty fat n crap to be honest but that session just stands out because it was just me and a mate and it was some of the biggest surf I had been in for Sydney. My mate had just picked up a quiver of 7 foot plus boards from Hayden Cox. We grabbed one each and headed out. So much fun.

Animal_Chin
Local

Post by Animal_Chin » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:47 pm

Ima resurrect this thread in 8 years time.

That's gonna be some funnny shit!!

daryl
Huey's Right Hand

Post by daryl » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:29 pm

Big call, one was that other MCK's @ BB it seemed everyone was at home inside, and it'd come up from nowhere.

Rustt
barnacle

Post by Rustt » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:54 am

The best one is the next one, then next best one is the last one. The last wave I rode last week was the best barrel I have had for a couple of years or that I can remember anyway :? , I can remember waves I have surfed from 30+ years ago, they were that good and every year they get better and better. :lol:

Natho
barnacle

Post by Natho » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:27 am

Ok I've narrowed it down to 2 waves that stand out for me:

A 2 foot onshore day at Palm Beach Sydney. First wave I ever stood up on. I was on a 1970's single fin.
A 3 foot day at. Bungan Beach.First wave I ever did a turn on.In fact I did two turns in a row ( well I thought they were turns at the time but in reality they were probably just wiggles). In fact I will nominate that wave as better than the one I first stood up on. I thought I was da Sh!t at the time. I was on a Glen Winton Mr X.

Karlos
Snowy McAllister

Post by Karlos » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:54 am

Yep first one (non-white wash) was at North Curl Curl on a green & yellow 5'5" Lee Riley single fin. Massively awesome.

God I've had some shit ones since then.

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:41 am

Got a wave in Tonga that had a big shorewards bend in it, and I did a wall ride sort of thing that meant I stalled back inside the barrel. That kind of blew my mind for a while.

Biggest wave in Sumbawa made a noise on the reef that was like nothing I've heard of before or since.

Got a wave at Greenmount on a big swell where I must have travelled for about 30m on the foamball. Didn't make it, but I could see out the whole time and waved to someone who was hooting on the shoulder. The wave was great, but just sharing the experience with a total stranger was pretty cool, we both sat in the channel laughing for a while.

The one that probably got me hooked, first barrel up at Southport Spit. We were staying at Sea World and I didn't really want to go out but my dad made me. Sun was rising, and as I came out an eagle ray jumped and was silhouetted, with the spray coming off.

aaronn
barnacle

Post by aaronn » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:50 am

Natho wrote:Ok I've narrowed it down to 2 waves that stand out for me:

A 2 foot onshore day at Palm Beach Sydney. First wave I ever stood up on. I was on a 1970's single fin.
A 3 foot day at. Bungan Beach.First wave I ever did a turn on.In fact I did two turns in a row ( well I thought they were turns at the time but in reality they were probably just wiggles). In fact I will nominate that wave as better than the one I first stood up on. I thought I was da Sh!t at the time. I was on a Glen Winton Mr X.
i reckon everyone should give up after that...or
chase the high that never gets higher...until you die...or retire

daryl
Huey's Right Hand

Post by daryl » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:45 pm

Nah %$#& off, this reminded me of some green walls at Wanda the first time I started getting any good.

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:07 pm

Kirra 82 barrel wise. Rainbow through to Greenmount on my fish last easter speed wise. Kind of ridiculous really. 30 years difference between the two. :D :D :D :D :D :D
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?