Wetsuits

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Hollywood

Wetsuits

Post by Hollywood » Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:14 pm

Which brand of wetsuit best fits a short stocky body. I am 5'7" and 88kgs but a bit generous around the waist department.

Rustt
barnacle

Re: Wetsuits

Post by Rustt » Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:24 pm

O'Neill

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:31 pm

Hollywood wrote:Which brand of wetsuit best fits a short stocky body. I am 5'7" and 88kgs but a bit generous around the waist department.
Have you considered buying a pilates ball and cutting head, arm and leg holes out of it.
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

Karlos
Snowy McAllister

Post by Karlos » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:44 pm

That's got to be one of the best first posts I've seen for a while. Add Hollywood to the RS fatties list Reg.

johnperry736

Post by johnperry736 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:53 pm

otway1949
barnacle

Post by otway1949 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:57 pm

johnperry736 wrote:I brought one-ill wetsuit for my husband. You should see their collection, they have wonderful wetsuits.
Holey Gimpen troll Batman, whack it quick :!: We don't want any ill wetsuits around here :!:
Jaffa, I'm opinionated, and I'm sometimes right. So?

spaddywaddy

Post by spaddywaddy » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:55 am

What i would do is weigh and measure yourself precisely and use the brands, or websites sizing chart. Get your chest, weight and height then compare.

I think a LS in a O'Neill? Below are the measurements

LS
Height 5'7 1/2" - 5'9 1/2"
Weight 160 - 180
Chest 40 1/2 - 42 1/2

spaddywaddy

Post by spaddywaddy » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:06 pm

I went for a billabong foil in the end and its just fallen apart. I havent been using it during the winter as its a summer wetsuit. However, im in portugal and its just leaking every where.

No to send it back and get something else. Any thoughts? I cant find any reviews which are independent of the retailers?

spaddywaddy

Post by spaddywaddy » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:10 pm

Any body have any thoughts on this O'Neill wetsuit?

http://www.wetsuitcentre.co.uk/oneill_s ... tsuit_2013

My billabong was a back zip, is getting into the zip easy and does the zip get in the way?

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:05 pm

reginald wrote:
spaddywaddy wrote:
My billabong was a back zip, is getting into the zip easy and does the zip get in the way?

How would I know it's your wetsuit. Jesus christ what a **** weirdo.
general Surf Discussion, Reg. Language. :-o
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

bindy123

Post by bindy123 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:29 am

spaddywaddy wrote:Any body have any thoughts on this O'Neill wetsuit?

I may have this wrong but the wesuit you are asking about is a chest zip...so I assume you are saying that you currently wear back zip suits, and are wondering about the chest zip systems?

I bought an excel chest zip last winter, which was the first time I have worn a chest zip. Yes they are harder to get into...but I actually think they are easier to get out of. The zip definitely does not get in the way (not really sure how they possibly could)...and I like not having the issue of the zip strap possibly getting caught under my hand during a take-off...which occassionally happens (to me) with a back zip...but I am a kook so this problem probably isnt common amongst normal people...

They also seem to keep the water out better, and are very comfortable...I will keep buying them

Not sure about the Oneill wetsuit...they sponsor Jordy Smith...so I am not likely to put one on in the near future...I am pretty petty and shallow about these things!

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:34 am

This thread is fcuken incredible, maybe it should be moved to the bodyboarders section.

swvic
Snowy McAllister

Post by swvic » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:54 am

reginald wrote:Oh right sorry didn't notice.
:-?
marcus wrote:and that vicco dude, whatsisname?

PeepeelaPew
Huey's Right Hand

Post by PeepeelaPew » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:24 pm

Last edited by PeepeelaPew on Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BA
Duke Status

Post by BA » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:42 pm

Legion wrote:
bindy123 wrote:Chest zips rule.
I concur.

spaddywaddy

Post by spaddywaddy » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:45 pm

reginald wrote:
spaddywaddy wrote:

How would I know it's your wetsuit. This is really very confusing
Sorry was meant to write 'My billabong was a back zip, is getting into the chest zip easy, and does the zip get in the way?

spaddywaddy

Post by spaddywaddy » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:49 pm

bindy123 wrote:
spaddywaddy wrote:Any body have any thoughts on this O'Neill wetsuit?

I may have this wrong but the wesuit you are asking about is a chest zip...so I assume you are saying that you currently wear back zip suits, and are wondering about the chest zip systems?

I bought an excel chest zip last winter, which was the first time I have worn a chest zip. Yes they are harder to get into...but I actually think they are easier to get out of. The zip definitely does not get in the way (not really sure how they possibly could)...and I like not having the issue of the zip strap possibly getting caught under my hand during a take-off...which occassionally happens (to me) with a back zip...but I am a kook so this problem probably isnt common amongst normal people...

They also seem to keep the water out better, and are very comfortable...I will keep buying them

Not sure about the Oneill wetsuit...they sponsor Jordy Smith...so I am not likely to put one on in the near future...I am pretty petty and shallow about these things!
Thanks for your mature reply bindy123. Thats the answer i was looking for.

I have really bad dyslexia, so typing and writing can be confusing for me and others. My post being called retarded doesnt help my confidence. Anyway thanks for the help bindy123!