Soloshot

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Re: Soloshot

Post by Nick Carroll » Thu May 10, 2012 2:56 pm

or better still containing some extra footage you hadn't planned on

bombora
Local

Post by bombora » Thu May 10, 2012 4:15 pm

^^Suicide rates along the coast will rise substantially.

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Thu May 10, 2012 7:38 pm

Go Pro would be better I reckon iggs.

The chance of this thing getting flogged would be decent, not to mention people walking in front of it, making stupid faces etc....
some cnut wrote:There are only two real problems that we face in life, knowing what we want but being unable to know how to get it and/or not knowing what we want
It's possible to hate the filthy world and still love it with an abstract pitying love

still here
charger

Post by still here » Fri May 11, 2012 6:52 am

I actually don't get into watching gopro vids . They don't show how one surfs , or wave quality - boring !
The soloshot would certainly be handy to document traveling to ends of earth eg Patagonia on a solo mission , but while there seems a lot of concern about the thing being stolen etc . I prefer to believe in the 'good nature ' of people . I could think of a number of beaches where I reckon it would be safe to use - without tampering ... And that's in Sydney .

We leave cars at beaches , surfboards on cars , cars unlocked , tv' in homes - every day !! I'm sure that with just a modicum of discretion the soloshot would survive .

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Fri May 11, 2012 1:44 pm

iggy wrote:i think it's time for hatchy to post up his little go-pro clip for critique :wink:
:lol:

I put enough effort into making myself an object of ridicule without sharing my first attempt at using a Go Pro in 2 foot mushy swell that features white-wash takeoffs mate
some cnut wrote:There are only two real problems that we face in life, knowing what we want but being unable to know how to get it and/or not knowing what we want
It's possible to hate the filthy world and still love it with an abstract pitying love

daryl
Huey's Right Hand

Post by daryl » Fri May 11, 2012 2:05 pm

This time point the camera where you're going, much better view.

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Fri May 11, 2012 2:07 pm

daryl wrote:This time point the camera where you're going, much better view.
Yeah I'm going to try that next time

dUg
barnacle
Location: sitting in my car waiting for someone else to paddle out first

Post by dUg » Fri May 11, 2012 2:30 pm

In all the video of myself I've ever watched, the sections look five times as makeable, my board looks 35% less vertical, I'm going half the speed, and my arms look ridiculous.

If this thing can fix that then for four hundred bucks it's a freakin' bargain.

:D

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Post by ric_vidal » Fri May 11, 2012 2:36 pm

dUg wrote:In all the video of myself I've ever watched, the sections look five times as makeable, my board looks 35% less vertical, I'm going half the speed, and my arms look ridiculous.

If this thing can fix that then for four hundred bucks it's a freakin' bargain.

:D
Funny you should say that drUg, I have been told that a certain surf travel operator who as part of the package and inducement did photography and video of their guests.

They have subsequently dropped the video component as the majority of punters were somewhat less than pleased with how they surfed.

daryl
Huey's Right Hand

Post by daryl » Fri May 11, 2012 3:03 pm

coudln't they uum photoshop it a little, fast forward so you don't know that's what happening, splice in some loops to make it look like a couple of minutes instead of six seconds

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Post by ric_vidal » Fri May 11, 2012 3:28 pm

daryl wrote:coudln't they uum photoshop it a little, fast forward so you don't know that's what happening, splice in some loops to make it look like a couple of minutes instead of six seconds
ummmm, no

petulance
Huey's Right Hand

Post by petulance » Fri May 11, 2012 3:38 pm

dUg wrote:In all the video of myself I've ever watched, the sections look five times as makeable, my board looks 35% less vertical, I'm going half the speed, and my arms look ridiculous.
So I'm not the only one with the arm problem then. I saw some pics of me taken by the local photographers on the Bukit breaks and my arms looks ridiculous as well.
smnmntll wrote: She's also moderately hot, with a bit of that petulance-approved titless starved whippet look about her but still pretty decent.

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Fri May 11, 2012 4:20 pm

My arms look pretty stupid as well in the vid I took. I'm hunched over a fair bit too, much like Roy Stewart as someone noted :lol:

My guess is your board would have something to do with it. The vid I took was on my 8'6" single fin which is obviously different to a 7' thruster and hence my stance may change a little.

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Fri May 11, 2012 4:34 pm

^^^

:lol: :lol:

I did think about it but decided (wisely) that Gunnamatta at 5 foot and low tide is not really the best place to be trying to use a camera whilst avoiding getting it buried in my face when I screw up a take-off.

swvic
Snowy McAllister

Post by swvic » Fri May 11, 2012 4:38 pm

Ringmaster wrote: Where can I view this footage :?:
Same question from me
marcus wrote:and that vicco dude, whatsisname?

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Fri May 11, 2012 4:54 pm

You can't :lol:

Only certain "special" people can :P

jimmy
Snowy McAllister

Post by jimmy » Fri May 11, 2012 5:04 pm

Not only did you remind me of Roy but why is that spot called "Big Left" when it's a right?

Your hairline looks like it's marching back too Hatchy.. Just sayin'
Hatchnam wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:13 pm
How about tame down the scatter gun must consecutively post on every thread behaviour you compulsive mongoloid.
swvic wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:54 pm
Actually, that’s interesting. Take note, beanpole

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Fri May 11, 2012 6:12 pm

Grooter wrote:My arms look pretty stupid as well in the vid I took. I'm hunched over a fair bit too, much like Roy Stewart as someone noted :lol:

My guess is your board would have something to do with it. The vid I took was on my 8'6" single fin which is obviously different to a 7' thruster and hence my stance may change a little.
I hate to break it to ya buddy.

It's not your board.