Longest wait to try new board ever?

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

FishStick
Local

Longest wait to try new board ever?

Post by FishStick » Sun May 06, 2012 12:48 pm

I snapped my 6'3" semi gun last winter at a big day in Manly. I got a new one shaped and picked it up in September. We are now in May and I still haven't ridden it.

That's more or less 9 farking months!!

When are we actually going to get some decent ground swell in Sydney that actually requires a step-up board?

Other years I would get the semi out every few months. In a way we've been lucky and have had no real extended flat spells have we? (except when the Manly Festival was on :D ) but we haven't had some decent power either... or did I blink and miss it? I was hoping today really was going to be 6 foot but it's more like 4. Maybe it will build as the day goes on?...
The wave at Curl Curl is so good they had to name it twice :mrgreen:

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Re: Longest wait to try new board ever?

Post by Nick Carroll » Sun May 06, 2012 6:07 pm

yeah maybe surf somewhere other than Manly mate.

gabsouy
regular

Post by gabsouy » Sun May 06, 2012 6:14 pm

6'3 semi gun .......and you have found no waves around sydney in the last few months to surf on it ? maybe a typing error and you meant 9'3 ? ? ? or you are a fucking idiot.

spork
barnacle

Post by spork » Sun May 06, 2012 7:34 pm

Oy fishdick, a 6'3" 'semi gun'? I'd like to see that.
When it gets to this level of self important stupidity I lose interest.
Roy Stewart

daryl
Huey's Right Hand

Post by daryl » Sun May 06, 2012 7:36 pm

Since when is 6'3 a semi-gun, whatever that is.

6'10 is a gun for a small fella

FishStick
Local

Post by FishStick » Sun May 06, 2012 8:52 pm

Pffft I was provoking Huey with this thread and it worked, I scored some good ones on my 'new' board and also got a decent hold down for my rudeness.
Of course I could surf a 6'3" rounded pin on a regular day but I reckon you should christen a board for the conditions you bought it for, it's almost sacrilege not to.... it was worth the wait it's a great board just like it's predecessor.

Since DST stopped I've been lucky enough to start work mid mornings. And I can only think of a maybe 3 or so surfs since September where I thought I could have taken the 6'3".

But God you are a bunch of retards. I forgot why I haven't been on here for a while.

Google Semi-gun ... yes they do come in 6'3" :shock:
Look second result from Google: Chili surfboards (well respected shaper, not my board, just proving a point):

http://www.chillisurfboards.com/surfboard/semi-gun

Other sites "2 to 6 inches longer than your regular board"..... etc.....

So you've learned something you kooks... :D hence 'semi' instead of plain 'gun'

Yes Nick I don't go to Manly unless it's pumping. Unfortunately I've had some of my best surfs in Sydney at Manly when it's big. I wish it weren't the case as I can't stand the tourists but hey...

daryl
Huey's Right Hand

Post by daryl » Sun May 06, 2012 9:15 pm

FishStick wrote:Pffft I was provoking Huey with this thread and it worked, I scored some good ones on my 'new' board and also got a decent hold down for my rudeness.
Of course I could surf a 6'3" rounded pin on a regular day but I reckon you should christen a board for the conditions you bought it for, it's almost sacrilege not to.... it was worth the wait it's a great board just like it's predecessor.

Since DST stopped I've been lucky enough to start work mid mornings. And I can only think of a maybe 3 or so surfs since September where I thought I could have taken the 6'3".

But God you are a bunch of retards. I forgot why I haven't been on here for a while.

Google Semi-gun ... yes they do come in 6'3" :shock:
Look second result from Google: Chili surfboards (well respected shaper, not my board, just proving a point):

Other sites "2 to 6 inches longer than your regular board"..... etc.....

So you've learned something you kooks... :D hence 'semi' instead of plain 'gun'

Yes Nick I don't go to Manly unless it's pumping. Unfortunately I've had some of my best surfs in Sydney at Manly when it's big. I wish it weren't the case as I can't stand the tourists but hey...
You're a kook. But just remember the best surfer is the one having the most fun. shaka frangipanis.
Last edited by daryl on Mon May 07, 2012 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

FishStick
Local

Post by FishStick » Mon May 07, 2012 8:24 am

Sure Daryl, whatever, threaten someone who is educated and works in the industry with hacking threats, I don't think I have to worry about an unwashed knuckle dragger like you actually knowing what he's doing, if anything it's vice versa, but I'm not a kid.... And yeah Nuffink I take it you never go to other beaches going by the conditions? Farking hypocrite or kook take your pick.
Far out this place is really full of Neanderthal bogans no wonder this place has died out. Nothing but gorillas chucking rocks at each other.

daryl
Huey's Right Hand

Post by daryl » Mon May 07, 2012 8:28 am

Let me be the first to apologize for Daryl's terrible behaviour. His views in no way represent the views or opinions of other Daryls

me too
Last edited by daryl on Mon May 07, 2012 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Davros
Snowy McAllister

Post by Davros » Mon May 07, 2012 8:32 am

Semi gun ridden in medium to large surf right. Waves today, enjoy.

spork
barnacle

Post by spork » Mon May 07, 2012 11:42 am

Fishdick came back and realised that he still can't take a joke
When it gets to this level of self important stupidity I lose interest.
Roy Stewart

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Mon May 07, 2012 11:57 am

FishStick wrote: Far out this place is really full of Neanderthal bogans
Flattery will get you everywhere Sir.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

Animal_Chin
Local

Post by Animal_Chin » Mon May 07, 2012 1:55 pm

FishStick wrote:Google Semi-gun ... yes they do come in 6'3" :shock:

Don't even go there mate....

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Mon May 07, 2012 3:36 pm

yeah jesus christ the last time somebody raised Chilli's name on this forum everybody nearly ended up in court.

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Mon May 07, 2012 4:36 pm

I feel bad for your plight Mr Stick, but there must have been a hundred days since last September where you could have taken out a 6'3''.

In all honesty, if you were looking at your 6'3'' as being the ideal length for yesterday's surf then you would be in the minority, as you may have guessed.

6'3'' would be just right for 3-4 foot for the vast bulk of adult surfers, and there have been a lot of days since September that would have been good. The month leading up to easter had some great offshore days with reasonable heft in the waves.

Personally, I wouldn't call anything under 6'8'' any type of gun, but I'm not going all nasty on you.

What's you short board if 6'3'' is your semi-gun? Genuine question! :shock:
Lucky Al wrote:You could call your elbows borogoves, and your knees bandersnatches, and go whiffling through the tulgey woods north of narrabeen, burbling as you came.

BA
Duke Status

Post by BA » Mon May 07, 2012 4:41 pm

oldman wrote:What's you short board if 6'3'' is your semi-gun? Genuine question! :shock:
I was thinking that too. And what height are you? Are you a some sort of mutant dwarf?

Elmako
Grommet

Post by Elmako » Mon May 07, 2012 6:23 pm

yeah dude, I am also curious about your board dimensions, and also the dims on your shorter board.

Today that 6.3 would have worked really well at some spots I reckon...

brendo
barnacle

Post by brendo » Tue May 08, 2012 4:03 pm

i dont reckon a 6'3 step up is outa place these days. most guys are riding shorter boards. for yrs i rode 6'3 as my standard board, then 6'6 step up, then 7 for big days. these days i ride a 5'10 up to 3 or 4ft, depending on the strenght of the swell, then i ride a 6'2 hps round square. my step up is 6'3 round pin. 6'6 is my gun.
the pros ride sub 6'6 at big chopes, theres no need for huge boards these days unless your paddling into big bombies. my 2 bobs worth anyway :wink: