People are soooo deluded they make me sick !!!!

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

kreepykrawly
Owl status

People are soooo deluded they make me sick !!!!

Post by kreepykrawly » Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:06 pm

I am sick to the bone of people who think changing their fins or boards ect ect change the way they surf. How many times have I seen mates harpin' on about how sick their new set of fins make them surf and when you see them surf there is absolutely no change whatsoever in their surfing …

It just makes me sick :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Wake up to yourselves people…the only way you gonna surf better is if you invented a time machine to go back in time so you can take up surfing when you were 3 years old.

You all suck !!!!!

Rustt
barnacle

Re: People are soooo deluded they make me sick !!!!

Post by Rustt » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:23 pm

Doesn't matter how deluded you are, if your happy whats so wrong with being deluded. There is a guy where I live everyone just shakes there heads when he raves how good the waves were, even though everyone else out there thought it was crap. Until one day we realized we were the ones that were missing something, now we're a bit envious of him cause he can have great time in crap waves, he's livin in a fantasy world, but he's happy and less frustrated than the rest of us. What sucks about being happy? :)

swvic
Snowy McAllister

Post by swvic » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:29 am

Good luck to them I say. I had a very frustrating last couple of days not really enjoying the waves I had. Wouldn't mind being stoked about them
marcus wrote:and that vicco dude, whatsisname?

still here
charger

Post by still here » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:46 am

Sweet sweet delusion . Stock boards come with stock standard fins . Your fins are your engine room . What's the point in having a skoda engine in a Toyota

Natho
barnacle

Post by Natho » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:05 am

I'm sort of with KK on this.Fins can help "tweak" a board but for frcks sake the way some people on here carry on about fins it's like you can fix a sh!t board just by whaking in the latest trendy fins that FCS has sucked you into buying.
If a board is crap to start with then it's a crap board no matter what fins you put in it. Fins don't fix a crap board.

And fins are not your engine room in IMO, your rocker and concaves are. Fins can just help fine tune the engine. Get a frkin grip people.

Thanks KK for raising one of my own nit picks. I've now got it off me chest ya fin tossers.

kreepykrawly
Owl status

Post by kreepykrawly » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:37 am

Not saying you Natho but seriously I have a coupla mates who also go on about board design….as if they know what the f-ck they’re talking about.

I have an ‘equilibrium theory’ on surfing >>> You basically surf the same way you always have since evolving past your surfing ‘cognitive’ phase …which generally is about 5 years after you started surfing.

If you had been forced to surf different boards (not that you have picked) your whole life you would adjust your surfing positioning and pressure points on your board to surf the same way you always have (past the aforementioned “phase”).

Most people on here wont have the faintest idea what I’m talking about but I don’t care because they belong in a zoo with people taking photos of them.

Natho
barnacle

Post by Natho » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:55 am

Poke a few sticks at em and watch em bite back.Just hang around for a bit.
I love poking sticks at the chimps in the zoo just for me own amusement. :P :lol:

Wingnut
regular

Post by Wingnut » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:07 am

Welcome to the zoo guys... :roll:

Hollowed out
regular

Post by Hollowed out » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:10 am

It worked!! Took KK's advice about fins and took em off and absolutely no difference at all to my board. Those fins are a bloody hoax and it's all the greeno fellas fcukin fault, aspect ratio my arse, no wonder he never got off his fcukin knees.
Thanks KK, saved me heaps of time and money, now just gotta suck up to Mr Hynd to get the finer (excuse the pun) points cause the dizzyness going in circles has totally fcuked up my circadian rhythms, not to mention my pet cicada's rhythms....she's freakin pregnant

kreepykrawly
Owl status

Post by kreepykrawly » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:32 am

Look here my little organic turnips let me make this clearer for you.....

Darwin dictated that organisms evolve to adapted to their natural surroundings and I believe the same thing applies to surfing at a macro level.

Unfortunately some peoples surfing evolved too late and so they are left to live an agonizing life at the hands of surfing’s elite anarchists.

If you gave a board that a kook would consider to be a ‘dog’ to Kelly Slater to surf he would probably boost on it. Massive snaps and air time.

The kook would just sit there…licking his ice-cream wondering where it all went wrong. :lol:

kookster
regular

Post by kookster » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:58 am

Agree somewhat on the fact the surfer does pretty much the same thing regardless of board because they are programmed responses. However, having a board under you that is matched to your style will have dramatically different outcomes. They aren't changing the way they surf, but the craft is responding to the input it is given in a way that resembles better turns etc etc. If that means you feel like you're ripping then you have achieved the intended goal.
Happiness is wanting everything you have.

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:58 am

come off it kk, you can barely stand up

Yuke Hunt
Duke Status

Post by Yuke Hunt » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:00 pm

kreepykrawly wrote:If you gave a board that a kook would consider to be a ‘dog’ to Kelly Slater to surf he would probably boost on it. Massive snaps and air time.
The kook would just sit there…licking his ice-cream wondering where it all went wrong. :lol:
So its really true ... it did happen to you ... what kind of ice-cream were you consuming at the time ... let me guess ... a golden gaytime.

Hey kreeps ... you're looking rather resplendent in that new clobber ... a vision of sartorial fcuking elegance.
The moving finger writes and having writ moves on ... now all thy piety nor wit shall lure it back to cancel even half a line ... nor all thy tears wash out a single word of it.

Natho
barnacle

Post by Natho » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:02 pm

Frkc Nick you know how to get the big fella's back up. He will be angry now, Cmon KK give it to him.

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:23 pm

Marketing placebos.

Charging what, $150 a pop or more.

Marketing wins, again.
Lucky Al wrote:You could call your elbows borogoves, and your knees bandersnatches, and go whiffling through the tulgey woods north of narrabeen, burbling as you came.

Animal_Chin
Local

Post by Animal_Chin » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:22 pm

Same applies to tail pads.

otway1949
barnacle

Post by otway1949 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:02 pm

kreepykrawly wrote:I am sick to the bone of people who think changing their fins or boards ect ect change the way they surf. How many times have I seen mates harpin' on about how sick their new set of fins make them surf and when you see them surf there is absolutely no change whatsoever in their surfing …

It just makes me sick :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Wake up to yourselves people…the only way you gonna surf better is if you invented a time machine to go back in time so you can take up surfing when you were 3 years old.

You all suck !!!!!
All set to join the new orange person, Gath helmet, orange wetsuit and big wooden board.

However you are right bout one thing after a certain learning phase the surfing patterns of a person become neurologically entrenched, some bard tweaking helps keep the standard up within those patterns and can even enhance the performance of the old known techniques.
The reverse is true too, a poor board will not allow performance up the the previous levels.

The big statement on this is: SO WHAT :!: Does it effect KK? NO :!:
If they want the goodies : SO WHAT :!: Does it effect KK? NO :!:
It's the same perceived benefits of cosmetic surgery, liposuction, dick lengthening. In the eye of the purchaser!

People need their delusions , STFU and keep your own delusions.
Jaffa, I'm opinionated, and I'm sometimes right. So?

Natho
barnacle

Post by Natho » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:05 pm

Well a tail pad does provide some protection to the tail of the board ( only reason I use one), but as for 'pro model signature tail pads'....I mean give me a break.