Quiksilver Pro 2012

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

booradley
regular

Re: Quiksilver Pro 2012

Post by booradley » Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:27 am

="haysie"]9.83 for KS... Really?[/quote]
talk about painting yourself into a corner - where do the judges go if someone gets a deep barrel like slaters but then fly off down the line whacking turns and then stomping some kinda air mactwist?
They seem to delight in pulling this sh*t. Does Dane's one turn (and it was a hell of a turn) warrant an 8point whatever?Reminds me of Adriano's bogus 8 point floater to win in Brazil last year.

haysie
regular

Post by haysie » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:08 am

Got down here early at 5 this morning to get a sesh in, got faded by Occy and Mick fanning constantly haha... If you haven't got stickers, you don't get waves during contest time. I'm currently watching Dane and Taj go head to head, Parko just absolutely outclassed that bloke from Byron
Braithy - I can look at a guy like Sonny Bill Williams, his physique and face, and appreciate, he's a good looking guy

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:07 am

Lucky you weren't on a tuflite.
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

Yuke Hunt
Duke Status

Post by Yuke Hunt » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:08 am

haysie wrote: that bloke from Byron
Garrett Parkes is that young blokes name ... he goes good ... one to watch.

Good to see TB win out against that bloke from California ... old whats his name.

Messiah my arse ... hipster ... ha ha ha ... all hip no star ... overrated and over scored.
The moving finger writes and having writ moves on ... now all thy piety nor wit shall lure it back to cancel even half a line ... nor all thy tears wash out a single word of it.

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:15 am

Hard to beat a legend. Its okay though since most of the stunts the young guns do are chronically over scored anyway.
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

BA
Duke Status

Post by BA » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:32 am

Jake Patto - " the tides coming in, so we're gonna put the men on hold and put the women out there ".

In other words, it's gone a bit full and shit, so we'll chuck the skirts out there, and when it gets good again, the men will be back on. :lol:

Glamarama
regular

Post by Glamarama » Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:11 pm

Bored, so turned on the tv to watch the pro.

Can someone please explain why the pros get towed back out? For a sport that differentiates competitors on endurance and fitness amongst other criteria shouldn't these guys have to paddle back, like the rest of us?

Yuke Hunt
Duke Status

Post by Yuke Hunt » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:16 pm

Took the cheese-n-kisses down to watch a few heats today ... it was her birthday after all ... yeah well what can I say ... I'm a romantic.

Well fcuk me drunk ... if the place wasn't wall to wall people ... a large proportion of those being tourists ... truck loads of zillas ... out of town families in footy shorts ... non-surfing sorts from all walks ... and sorts ... beautiful bums in bikinis ... this gig must be bringing a few dollars into town.

Saw some good surfing ... Jordy showed what he was capable of ... the whole package ... only two zillas left in the mix ... but a very strong Aussie contingent still remains ... along with the seppo's of course ... this should be good ... after the lay days that are doubtlessly coming.

Hey fong you should bus the sunshine slappers down ... plenty of desperate blokes in town ... those cougars would have a ball ... or two ... or ten ... even ... odds on to score.
The moving finger writes and having writ moves on ... now all thy piety nor wit shall lure it back to cancel even half a line ... nor all thy tears wash out a single word of it.

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:40 am

Womble wrote:this should be good ... after the lay days that are doubtlessly coming.
I personally think they'll try and wrap this thing up by Wed this week. Not a hell of a lot on the long range radar, particularly considering the continual divergence in the long range models.

haysie
regular

Post by haysie » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:32 pm

They've pumped SO much sand in there, on the low tide yesterday there were barely any rocks on the paddle out
Braithy - I can look at a guy like Sonny Bill Williams, his physique and face, and appreciate, he's a good looking guy

Glamarama
regular

Post by Glamarama » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:03 pm

Who the hell paddles out? Must be noddy nobodies. That's not what surfing is about. Tell'em to get with the times, tow out only way to go

:-)

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:28 pm

Glamarama wrote:Bored, so turned on the tv to watch the pro.

Can someone please explain why the pros get towed back out? For a sport that differentiates competitors on endurance and fitness amongst other criteria shouldn't these guys have to paddle back, like the rest of us?
It's because the ski gets the surfers in position quicker for the next wave.

Entertainment in surf contests is predicated on riding waves, so the quicker the surfers are back in the spot, the better.

Nothing to do with fitness or paddling speed or whatever. You may notice that the pros have a choice and some choose to paddle -- perhaps feeling they might anticipate a good wave on the way back out.

You will also notice that the ski is only used during one-on-one heats in which priority is applied. In three-man heats, it's paddle only. This is because the ski might otherwise overly favour one competitor over the other two.

Yuke Hunt
Duke Status

Post by Yuke Hunt » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:33 pm

Donweather wrote:
Womble wrote:this should be good ... after the lay days that are doubtlessly coming.
I personally think they'll try and wrap this thing up by Wed this week. Not a hell of a lot on the long range radar, particularly considering the continual divergence in the long range models.
I think you might be right ... stand corrected I do ... pretty marginal conditions out there though.

Oh ... and there was three zillas left in the mix last night ... not two as i thunked.

Bede and Mick gone ... so much for Parko's prediction ... mind you its more of a lottery than a surfing contest.

Fong ... have you rounded up the stinky minge gang for the journey south ... I took the liberty of wacking up some signage to drum up interest ... Slightly soiled slappers require good home ... contact Fong. ... I thought it would be better not mentioning the leaking stern glands and loose front ends.

black duck
Snowy McAllister

Post by black duck » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:57 pm

Womble wrote: Fong ... have you rounded up the stinky minge gang for the journey south ... I took the liberty of wacking up some signage to drum up interest ... Slightly soiled slappers require good home ... contact Fong. ... I thought it would be better not mentioning the leaking stern glands and loose front ends.
Lovely turn of phrase there Womble. Don't know how any Queenslander could resist.
smnmntll wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:20 pm
You foaming spangoloids need to chill before you all do wetties on the carpet

black duck
Snowy McAllister

Post by black duck » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:05 pm

Confession
Far more interested in Rosie Hodge as an interviewer than anything the interviewee's generally have to say when she throws an ever so slightly tongue tied query at them. Cameramen should also realise the importance of panning back to include the interviewer as well as interviewee.
smnmntll wrote:

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:30 pm

have to admit to enjoying standing just off Rosies' side when the interviews are on..... :oops:

Hope that camera doesn't pull out too far.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

black duck
Snowy McAllister

Post by black duck » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:43 pm

steve shearer wrote:have to admit to enjoying standing just off Rosies' side when the interviews are on..... :oops:

Hope that camera doesn't pull out too far.
Just off to the side, probably the best place to be Outsider.
smnmntll wrote:

PeepeelaPew
Huey's Right Hand

Post by PeepeelaPew » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:34 am

Last edited by PeepeelaPew on Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.