Maurice Cole's tour of bells

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

lawny
Grommet

Re: Maurice Cole's tour of bells

Post by lawny » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:00 pm

Nick Carroll wrote:
Meanwhile the Rip Curl Pro has donated $50,000, $35k of it supposedly from the Easter contest's gate money, to the Shire's Bells "upkeep". Where did that money go, I wonder?
I'm guessing on the new bus car parks they have decided to put in... which is another disgusting thing they have decided to do and destroying a lot of vegetation in the process! Most of the busses that stop in here are only stopping for the toilet and half of passengers wouldn't even give a crap where they were! Maurice is a legend and its great when you get a chance to sit down and chat to the man.. He is so passionate but everything he seems to say to the council seems to fall on deaf ears!
check out their Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bells-Be ... 7811733556

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:15 am

So....where exactly do they poo.....in the bush or on the :D beach?
reginald wrote:Hang on, now all of a sudden I'm the bad guy. How the try again did that happen?

BA
Duke Status

Post by BA » Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:24 pm

Geelong Advertiser reports that the council has now decided to ban buses altogether. Looks like they are listening after all. Well done guys!

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:57 pm

^^^Nonsense. Council put out a particularly odd press release, saying they were going to "work with the State Govt" to remove buses from the Bells carpark. This is the basis of the Geelong Advertiser report.

Unfortunately this is in direct contravention to the State Dept of Sustainability and Environment's intentions for the carpark. The DSE is in actual possession of the reserve (it's a state recreation area) and it has no intention of removing buses from the site. Indeed, it wants the shire to issue licences to bus companies for using the site.

After all it is the gateway to the Great Ocean Road, one of Vicco's great tourist attractions.

If the Shire has just spent around $50g altering the Bells carpark, only to rip up all the signage and repaint the bays etc within minutes, then ratepayers might feel justified in having their guts for garters. But the chances of that happening are nearly zero.

Let's see what the Mayor tells me tomorrow when I call him on his mobile phone.

Animal_Chin
Local

Post by Animal_Chin » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:41 pm

Nick Carroll wrote:Let's see what the Mayor tells me tomorrow when I call him on his mobile phone.

:roll:

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:30 am

Im wonfering ....like can u do a great ocean rd tour, stop at bells and get see where famous surfers shat :?:

U could do tours at easter nick ......over here behind the dune we have a turd tom curren pushed out before his heat with occy :idea:

Heres the poo kelly did after ringin his first bell :!:

We might b able get a realsurf bus group together....what do they do,regarding outdoor batting,at bells :?:
reginald wrote:Hang on, now all of a sudden I'm the bad guy. How the try again did that happen?

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:52 pm

fcuk I can see this

The poo (pretty sloppy at the time but traces remain) that Simon did before paddling out in 1981

Wayne Lynch's backside poo over near the Rincon rocks.

And of course the massive grogan croaked out by Sunny Garcia up on the hill in honour of AI's last big win.

crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand

Post by crabmeat thompson » Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:02 pm

Followed by a spin off series of, "what does your favourite pro eat before a heat?"

Well, Sunny likes a big bowl of bran, as evidenced by his elongated stool and it's dark brown appearence.
Kunji wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 8:09 am
Would you mind throwing in a little more homoeroticism

northeasterly
regular

Post by northeasterly » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:59 pm

Nick Carroll wrote: And of course the massive grogan croaked out by Sunny Garcia up on the hill in honour of AI's last big win.
Now that's a sculpture that would stop a bus.

lawny
Grommet

Post by lawny » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:18 pm

BA wrote:Geelong Advertiser reports that the council has now decided to ban buses altogether. Looks like they are listening after all. Well done guys!
yeah sorry mate, that was a wasted couple of minutes of your life when you read that article... heres the latest vid by Maurice!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxtFt3vS ... ure=colike

swvic
Snowy McAllister

Post by swvic » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:53 am

Took a bus to Teams titles events at Bells a couple of times in the 80s. What fun we had

Maurice is right, there's going to be mayhem down there
marcus wrote:and that vicco dude, whatsisname?

BA
Duke Status

Post by BA » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:22 pm

lawny wrote:
BA wrote:Geelong Advertiser reports that the council has now decided to ban buses altogether. Looks like they are listening after all. Well done guys!
yeah sorry mate, that was a wasted couple of minutes of your life when you read that article... heres the latest vid by Maurice!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxtFt3vS ... ure=colike
Reading the "addy" is always a waste of ones life. :lol:

BA
Duke Status

Post by BA » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:01 pm

Phuck me. There is now a pedestrian crossing in the car park at Bells. A pedestrian crossing. For phucks sake, what a bunch of clowns.

I agree with MC. What's gonna happen when a lovely little 6ft groundswell hits. Where's everyone gonna park? The Rangers are gonna get a beating.

Animal_Chin
Local

Post by Animal_Chin » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:15 pm

BA wrote:Phuck me. There is now a pedestrian crossing in the car park at Bells. A pedestrian crossing. For phucks sake, what a bunch of clowns.

I agree with MC. What's gonna happen when a lovely little 6ft groundswell hits. Where's everyone gonna park? The Rangers are gonna get a beating.
Have a look on saturday.