Surfers, I need your help...

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Sylten

Surfers, I need your help...

Post by Sylten » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:01 pm

Hello everyone,

I am a University student and I am currently doing a study that aims to to map the problem different people who perform various water-activities have with their ears and what they do to prevent it. Surfers are one of the segments in this study, so I would be very happy if you guys took 1-2 minutes of your time to help me out!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/PYCM5R7

Thank you very much for your help!

- Anders

kreepykrawly
Owl status

Re: Surfers, I need your help...

Post by kreepykrawly » Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:27 am

Ive got cauliflower ears and this helps stop the water from flowing in.

You will find that most people on here don't surf enough to actually get 'surfers ear'.

So if you need someone to experiment on..... im willing......provided you don't use needles or scream at me.

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:56 am

Hello everyone,

I am a nasty minded middle aged surfer and I am currently doing a study of a study that studied University students who do hopelessly unscientific surveymonkey studies into subjects that have a considerable history of other studies based on slightly more scientific surveys.

So I would be very happy if you all swiftly answered Anders's survey in true Realsurf fashion, just for the hell of it!

- Nick!

daryl
Huey's Right Hand

Post by daryl » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:03 am

what he means is, get nicked.

Go down the beach and try asking someone there, just not before, or after they're coming out of the water.

Sylten

Post by Sylten » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:12 am

Thanks for your help everyone! Really appreciate it.

And to you who try to be funny. I am not doing a scientific study about surfers ear, you dont have to worry about that!

-Anders

swvic
Snowy McAllister

Post by swvic » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:20 am

I sometimes get wax build up. Reckon it might prevent perforation so was a bit worried for awhile after candling. Other than that, my missus is always digging at it. Scares the shit when she wants to stick things in there. I sit very still. Nurses! Weirdos! Glad to be helpful :D
marcus wrote:and that vicco dude, whatsisname?

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:22 am

Nick Carroll wrote:Hello everyone,

I am a nasty minded middle aged surfer and I am currently doing a study of a study that studied University students who do hopelessly unscientific surveymonkey studies into subjects that have a considerable history of other studies based on slightly more scientific surveys.
So where's your survey?

gabsouy
regular

Post by gabsouy » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:20 pm

interesting its not only surfers that get the bony ear growths, many truckers that have driven 20 years or more 12hrs a day with the drivers side window part down,also get the growths...due to constant [moist] wind irritation..seamen, yachties also from constant exposure.