Bong in big trouble

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

moondoggie
regular

Re: Bong in big trouble

Post by moondoggie » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:24 pm

bONG-MART are dumping their own stock at $1.02 - The banks won't touch them and have said NO MORE DEBT. >><<

Hence the fire sale to shareholders with Gordon Merchant having to roll back his dividend for the year into Bongmart, to keep them and his dream afloat as he watches THE RATS JUMP OFF THE SHIP. :oops: Why? They think its sinking.

This situation reminds me of a Garuda flight into Bali, I was on in the late eighties, when the Garuda Jumbo could not get the landing gear down. As we prepared for an emergency crash landing , the petrified Garuda Pilot stuttered and screamed into the Pa system "Whatever you do, Don't Panic!!! DON'T PANIC :!: "...

"The company launched a six-for-seven entitlement offer at a price of $1.02 per share, a DISCOUNT of 44 PER CENT to Wednesday's closing price. The stock last traded at $1.83." SMH

There will be a round of raids on retailers coming soon but Stinky B-ongmart should be safe towards the back of the queue maybe not so Hardly Normal with a large and heavily discounted property portfolio to liquidate.

8)
"I JUST SPENT 6 MONTHS BUYING LEAKY BOATS
2O MILLION BUYING BOATS
GLOBAL WARMINGS CRAP
SO BURNING 'EMS JUST ANOTHER 20 MILLION UP IN SMOKE"
Apologies to Tim Finn

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:03 pm

does that mean cheap boardies flooding the market?
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

Lucky Al
Duke Status

Post by Lucky Al » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:19 pm

does it mean cheap former surf shop premises? because we realsurfers have a fair few awesome business ideas we could maybe get started somewhere like that.

crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand

Post by crabmeat thompson » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:18 am

Lucky Al wrote:does it mean cheap former surf shop premises? because we realsurfers have a fair few awesome business ideas we could maybe get started somewhere like that.
I'll need a big space for my ladyboy rental shop.

Thank you billabong.
Kunji wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 8:09 am
Would you mind throwing in a little more homoeroticism

saucy gibbon
barnacle

Post by saucy gibbon » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:18 am

moondoggie wrote:bONG-MART are dumping their own stock at $1.02 - The banks won't touch them and have said NO MORE DEBT. >><<

Hence the fire sale to shareholders with Gordon Merchant having to roll back his dividend for the year into Bongmart, to keep them and his dream afloat as he watches THE RATS JUMP OFF THE SHIP. :oops: Why? They think its sinking.

This situation reminds me of a Garuda flight into Bali, I was on in the late eighties, when the Garuda Jumbo could not get the landing gear down. As we prepared for an emergency crash landing , the petrified Garuda Pilot stuttered and screamed into the Pa system "Whatever you do, Don't Panic!!! DON'T PANIC :!: "...

"The company launched a six-for-seven entitlement offer at a price of $1.02 per share, a DISCOUNT of 44 PER CENT to Wednesday's closing price. The stock last traded at $1.83." SMH

There will be a round of raids on retailers coming soon but Stinky B-ongmart should be safe towards the back of the queue maybe not so Hardly Normal with a large and heavily discounted property portfolio to liquidate.

8)
Do you mean mobs like TPG ?
Uni is not the real world.

Hollowed out
regular

Post by Hollowed out » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:37 am

steve shearer wrote:does that mean cheap boardies flooding the market?
not just boardies, they are in deep shit unless they get some cash in the till and they have run those 50% off everything sales before at their Kirra megastore to boost cash on eve of 30 june, so why wouldn't they do it again now.
Shit i personally would not buy a thing from any surf shop right now and sit and wait for the end of month garage sale which will have to extend beyond just the Kirra store to have any real impact. also with them closing so many stores there will by fire sales on everything from hardware to bling otherwise they ill be massively overstoked and won't have enough cash heading into summer.
Their reps (those that are left) must be shitting bricks because even Inman herself admits sales are dead and no one is spending in their stores. Looks like the weekday line ups will become more crowded daily with poor bastards who will loose their jobs because of greedy VC's and bankers who run the industry these days

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:19 pm

Hollowed out wrote: not just boardies, they are in deep shit unless they get some cash in the till and they have run those 50% off everything sales before at their Kirra megastore to boost cash on eve of 30 june, so why wouldn't they do it again now.
Peter Turner must be laughing his arse off.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:35 pm

Wow I actually bought a pair of jeans from Qsilver since they were 50% off. Plus they must have the sizes wrong cause these are one size smaller than normal and fit great.
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

daryl
Huey's Right Hand

Post by daryl » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:48 pm

Beanpole wrote:Wow I actually bought a pair of jeans from Qsilver since they were 50% off. Plus they must have the sizes wrong cause these are one size smaller than normal and fit great.
K
Old marketing ploy for over 30's. When you find you still fit size 32 and 30 or 28 waist, you buy from habit.

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:02 am

I was in a shop and some of the jeans said Euro 32 US 34.
I found this confusing since Euros are metric and Yanks are fat c*nts.
Obviously Country Road calls it on the big side but I've got three identical pairs of Levis
that are supposed to be the same size but vary pretty wildly.
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

Hollowed out
regular

Post by Hollowed out » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:26 am

FCUUUKKK..Bong share price crashed 50% in an hour of trading to $0.95 and falling..so now even the buyers of the cheap shares at 41.04 are getting flogged.
Parko, etc must be freakin out

Hollowed out
regular

Post by Hollowed out » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:27 am

^^ that was $1.04 not 41.04..ALL THUMBS

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:50 am

it's taken 24 pages, but you've finally posted something interesting.

Hollowed out
regular

Post by Hollowed out » Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:45 pm

Aw thanks ala, I am trying to please and that kind of encouragement is sooo appreciated

Natho
barnacle

Post by Natho » Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:48 pm

Not everyone invested in Bong is losing out Hollowed.Bong has become a popular stock to short and there are those cleaning up by shorting it. Sorry to interrupt your doom and gloom rant.

dUg
barnacle
Location: sitting in my car waiting for someone else to paddle out first

Post by dUg » Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:55 pm

Hollowed out wrote:FCUUUKKK..Bong share price crashed 50% in an hour of trading to $0.95 and falling..so now even the buyers of the cheap shares at 41.04 are getting flogged.
Parko, etc must be freakin out
Hollowed, just an observation but you seem to harbour a slightly disproportianate quota of schadenfreude at bong's supernova-turned-dwarf star. Any interests you'd care to disclose?

I mean I'd like to see them eat sh1t too, but mainly because they refused to give us an account in 2005, attempted to control the game via Surfstitch, and their local reps have all been c0cksm0kers.

Apart from that I bear no grudges. :D

daryl
Huey's Right Hand

Post by daryl » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:03 pm

Natho wrote:Not everyone invested in Bong is losing out Hollowed.Bong has become a popular stock to short and there are those cleaning up by shorting it. Sorry to interrupt your doom and gloom rant.
What does that mean to the unwashed, is it for someone who wants to write off some cash?

Hollowed out
regular

Post by Hollowed out » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:11 pm

Natho, dug, who says I want to see them fold? I am just an posting what some of us on here see as pretty heady days for the industry and future of lots of things related (Chopes for 1). And how many times...no agenda!!
Latest SMH /www.smh.com.au/business/who-will-pounce ... 20xeu.html