AIR AUSTRALIA SUCK, worst airline ever

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

pridmore
Owl status

AIR AUSTRALIA SUCK, worst airline ever

Post by pridmore » Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:50 pm

as the title says, recently had a very crappy airline experience, the letter below is a letter of complaint I sent to them...and yes, I can whinge like the best of them ....posting this so nobody has to go thru the piss poor BS we did...avoid these tossers at all cost.... :x

- We flew with you in April and we were satisfied with everything, it was not exceptional but it was what we had expected, especially for the approx $600 return we paid, so we had spoken highly of your airline ( which was then Strategic ) and we know of several of our friend who then also chose your airline ), and also chose to go with you again even though the flights had increased by approximately $300 each by the time we booked.
- As we lined up to check in we were informed that our food now had to be paid for on the flight, this was extremely dissapointing as we had not been told this prior by anyone at the time of booking and as far as I can see, was not anywhere to be read on any of the documentation I had or have been able to find since. The lady who told us said we would have been sent an email and that was just the way it was, it was frustrating becasue we were 100% definitely never told we were going to pay for food on the flight.
- To a family of 4 who have scrimped and saved for their family holiday, an additional $120 for food was an extra expense that was not budgetted for and had an impact on our spending and quality of holiday.
- Then to be charged for the use of blankets when the air conditioning was definitely too cold for everyone was disgusting. To also charge for the use of the tv's was very poor, if we were told prior, then , that would be fine, but we were never told any of this and many of the other people on the flight felt exactly the same as us.
- It was a horrible way to begin our holiday which we had been looking forward to, I feel lied to and ripped off.

- The trip home was no better, worse actually...
- We were told to board an hour before take off, we then sat still for the entire time before taking off on time, the flight is long enough without having to wait for an additional hour, we were not informed why we were waiting, or why we were asked to board early, there was no communication from anyone.
- The tv's did not work at all on this flight. We asked about them and were told that they were broken. This was not good for anyboday, especially for children who need some entertainment during a long flight.
- The lights did not work after we were fed dinner, They must have turned them off because nobody had a light on and none of the buttons on the remote control in the seats were working, so we couldnt watch the tv, and we could not read the books we had purchased for the trip home ...
- Our seats would not go back properly, 3 of themdid not go back more than a few inches, the seat on the far right worked fine. The seats in front of us went back so it left us with upright uncomfortable seats and seats that reclined to maybe 10" in front of our faces, again, very dissapointing especially for an already long 9 hr flight...
- We had a very mixed crew of flight attendants which was confusing especially for an airline called "AirAustralia". We had several Russians ( I think they were, it sounded like Russian to me ) which is fine as I am most definitely not racist but when they spoke to each other they spoke in Russian, and not English, which was most rude.. There was also several Thai ladies who were kinder and more decent to customers, I didnt hear them speaking anything but English...
- As a proud and parochial Australian, I was embarassed that this ( all of the above comments ) was by a company with the name "Australia" in its name and feel that anyone representing anything Australian should strive for much much better than anything that I experienced during my return flights with your airline......
- I look forward to your reply and I genuinely hope nobody else has to endure this type of experience.

*** they kind people offered me a $50 discount off my next flight with them...farkin idiots, laughable, they wont last long if they keep this up...there was many pissed off people on both flights... :x

Quangers
Local

Re: AIR AUSTRALIA SUCK, worst airline ever

Post by Quangers » Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:27 pm

I'd never heard of them, but they sound absolutely shiitte.

pearceD

Post by pearceD » Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:46 pm

Read the email from the MORE mail out.
Can I suggest that these emails/mail outs be kept between yourself and the business?
While I understand your frustrations, I don't really want to read about your troubles with the airline - only the surfboard stuff for me thanks. Also, there may be people on your mail out list that have links to the business in questions.

For sure, post this stuff on the forums but not in the mail out.

Best of luck with the complaints though - bloody airlines

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:13 pm

you can suggest whatever you want, but I am telling everyone so nobody has to deal with this type of BS
..I know its not surf related but many surfers travel and I wanna warn people and here is a good place to warn surfers.... 8)

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:15 pm

Quangers wrote:I'd never heard of them, but they sound absolutely shiitte.
used to be Strategic mate

otway1949
barnacle

Post by otway1949 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:31 pm

pearceD wrote:Read the email from the MORE mail out.
Can I suggest that these emails/mail outs be kept between yourself and the business?
While I understand your frustrations, I don't really want to read about your troubles with the airline - only the surfboard stuff for me thanks. Also, there may be people on your mail out list that have links to the business in questions.

That's bloody easy don't read the posts you don't want to read.
It's a forum FFS, opinions about poor service and companies very useful, a good call Mark, Thank you.
Jaffa, I'm opinionated, and I'm sometimes right. So?

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:38 pm

otway1949 wrote:
pearceD wrote:Read the email from the MORE mail out.

That's bloody easy don't read the posts you don't want to read.
It's a forum FFS, opinions about poor service and companies very useful, a good call Mark, Thank you.
I think what this guy is saying is Mark has also e-mailed it to everyone in his address book (although I didn't get it and I normally do).
But the guy does say "For sure, post this stuff on the forums but not in the mail out."
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:42 pm

point is, they did this crap and I am telling everyone, forum or email.....

( and Trev, it wasnt a surfboard newsletter thingy that I sometimes do, just a random email to let others know to be very wary when fling or possibly booking with them ).... 8)

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:44 pm

^^^ Go for it.
I was the same a few years ago when KLM fcuked us around on an overseas trip.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

diggerdickson
barnacle

Post by diggerdickson » Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:11 pm

I dont know what this bloke was complaining about with marks email. It is surf related, most of marks customers are surfers I would say, most on the email lists are surfers, and those lucky enough to be able to surf overseas have to travel in planes dont they, unless they use a f@#$%ing rowboat. So the last thing you want to happen is travel in a shite airline, so keep up the good work guys, and as for the other guy, go buy a rowboat you twit.
no, Im not a surfer, Im just a garbage man".

pearceD

Post by pearceD » Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:13 pm

Geez, that blew up...
So I've since bought a rowboat and loving it.

The only reason I made the point was that I ( and I'm sure many others ) get a whole bunch of spam through my email. I enjoy Mark's mail out about what's going on in the MORE store etc but I was only trying to highlight the importance of being careful with mass mail outs and their content. probably should have just replied to the email but I used the forum to try and get an opinion across, however poorly I did so.

Anyway - I have since heeded the advice and won't be using the airline in question anytime soon.

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:25 pm

well, really

if u don't fly virgin wat ya expect :?:

cheapest is rarely the best and they will always find away screw u over

bummer for your hoilday....but pretty sure worst things happen at sea :idea:

spoon full cement needed i think
reginald wrote:Hang on, now all of a sudden I'm the bad guy. How the try again did that happen?

diggerdickson
barnacle

Post by diggerdickson » Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:59 pm

pearceD wrote:Geez, that blew up...
So I've since bought a rowboat and loving it.

The only reason I made the point was that I ( and I'm sure many others ) get a whole bunch of spam through my email. I enjoy Mark's mail out about what's going on in the MORE store etc but I was only trying to highlight the importance of being careful with mass mail outs and their content. probably should have just replied to the email but I used the forum to try and get an opinion across, however poorly I did so.

Anyway - I have since heeded the advice and won't be using the airline in question anytime soon.
sorry bloke, ive been a bit testy lately, must be going pms
no, Im not a surfer, Im just a garbage man".

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:13 pm

i fly abit...and its nearly always shit :lol:

i come except it....it's kinda just part traveling

but

it still beats the bus :wink:
reginald wrote:Hang on, now all of a sudden I'm the bad guy. How the try again did that happen?

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:15 pm

mark...if u really want get there attn try this a complain letter :arrow:

u cu.nts...i had buy food....i'm going blow your plane up

:twisted:

that work :!:

pearceD

Post by pearceD » Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:03 pm

reginald wrote:
pearceD wrote: I enjoy Mark's mail out about what's going on in the MORE store etc

Really :?: :?:

Time to find some hobbies or buy a TV

Or maybe a trip to the medical centre tomorrow to check if your brains' still alive.
Brain is still there - really into rowing my new boat so that should get me out of trouble...

Cuttlefish
barnacle

Post by Cuttlefish » Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:37 am

Silly buggers.
Why would they miss an opportunity to use surfing in their advertising like every other company that has zero connection with the activity? :roll:
Only a rat can win the rat race.

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:43 pm

Cuttlefish wrote:Silly buggers.
Why would they miss an opportunity to use surfing in their advertising like every other company that has zero connection with the activity? :roll:
saw a ad for a retirement village that featured two oldies running hand in hand down beach with 6 ft shortboards :roll:

and when i say old..like makes trev look like a youngun ....i mean really old..like woolly old...like turn the century old :idea:

topic :arrow: i think what mark was getting @ iggypopsicle ...is some ppl find it rude when being served if ppl converso in a diff language

and i think he was a bit bemused a airline which markets itself as AUSTRALIAN employs anyone but :idea:

mark? i don't know, i think thats your point :?:

dino.....really, first day in and your still attacking the bloke on that same old boring front :roll: