Watch out for...

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

spork
barnacle

Watch out for...

Post by spork » Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:18 pm

One of those green 'Space Van' backpacker vans on the East coast. Last week i was coming out of the loo at the local and spotted one of them with a guy sitting way back in his seat scanning the car park. I watched for a while, then decided i was dreaming and went for a surf. A couple of hours later I came in to hear that a few guys had their cars broken into. The modus operandi seams to be that old mate watches where you put your key, then waits till you paddle out. he then takes yur money, it seems he like the cash, then puts yur keys and wallet back where he got em from. One guy puts his wallet under the mattress in the back of his ute which has a lockable canopy. $300cash went from his wallet, nothing else touched. Luckily I use one of those surflock things, which i presume was in the too hard basket. I let the cops know, but i was too dumb to take down a rego number and there is hundreds of those things around, be careful.
When it gets to this level of self important stupidity I lose interest.
Roy Stewart

kreepykrawly
Owl status

Re: Watch out for...

Post by kreepykrawly » Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:00 pm

spork wrote:, but i was too dumb .
dumb,(fake) cool and helpless ?

chrisb
Owl status

Post by chrisb » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:50 am

What's your "local" Spork :?: Sydney's Northern beaches :?:
If so, I'll keep a lookout for these scumbags. :evil:

spork
barnacle

Post by spork » Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:36 pm

Mid north coast
Roy Stewart

spork
barnacle

Post by spork » Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:37 pm

kreepykrawly wrote:
spork wrote:, but i was too dumb .
dumb,(fake) cool and helpless ?
yer, I struggling for any koolness ay.
Roy Stewart

swvic
Snowy McAllister

Post by swvic » Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:40 pm

Pretty good where I am. The Morn Pen used to be pretty hot . Grooter/Hatchman would know current state. Ever since wetties have had a key stash, I've used it. Just get a door key cut out of metal. Have a B'bong 3/2 and the loop is behind the shoulder. RipC 4/3 has it zipped into leg. Much better
marcus wrote:and that vicco dude, whatsisname?

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:19 pm

One of the guys up here had his Rodeo Ute stolen a little while back at 5.30am. He always used to leave the keys on the chassis. I kept telling him. Especially after Pridmore's experience.
$15,000 worth - probably now on someone's farm property out in the hills.
Every day I see guys doing the same thing. It's amazing more aren't stolen.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

WANDERER
Owl status

Post by WANDERER » Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:25 pm

Trev wrote:One of the guys up here had his Rodeo Ute stolen a little while back at 5.30am. He always used to leave the keys on the chassis. I kept telling him. Especially after Pridmore's experience.
I can't beleive people still stash their key - idiots only have themselves to blame, not to mention that their insurance company will laugh at them if they try to claim.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:30 pm

WANDERER wrote:
Trev wrote:One of the guys up here had his Rodeo Ute stolen a little while back at 5.30am. He always used to leave the keys on the chassis. I kept telling him. Especially after Pridmore's experience.
I can't beleive people still stash their key - idiots only have themselves to blame, not to mention that their insurance company will laugh at them if they try to claim.
Yep. Insurance told him, "tough luck".
He's just bought a Kombi.
And a key lock. :wink:
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

ajohnsen
Duke Status

Post by ajohnsen » Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:41 pm

I went for a surf at Sharkies down the Coal Coast last week. Came out and looked for my keys. Couldn't find 'em. Walked around the car and there they were, on the middle of the bonnet right where I left them. Car was unlocked, too. That's my new strategy: hide 'em in the open.

carvin marvin
charger

Post by carvin marvin » Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:52 pm

I thought all legropes have a key pocket for a single key.

Saw a scumbag at the Pass looking under a car and when I asked him what he was doing said he had lost something there yesterday and was looking for it.
For some reason I didn't believe him.

spork
barnacle

Post by spork » Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:53 pm

I'v done a similar thing, paddled out on a busy weekend and left the passenger window down. Phone, wallet and $10.000 worth of camera gear in the car. My key was safely in the keylock hanging from the drivers door handle.
Roy Stewart

daryl
Huey's Right Hand

Post by daryl » Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:48 pm

I have my methods, it gets complicated and I have resisted explaining on here. Since the times of huge safe key in my leggie, don't wanna go back down the path of key in leggie tho it's not so dah=nged long as the last one. Thing is, portable grinders are chips :roll: ya know wot I mean, at aldi's so I see these days so it's all a joke, as whoever it was posted on here once explained, when his shoebox was stolen in the u.k.

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:38 pm

here's where it pays off to live and surf at a "scary" beach

silvafish
Grommet

Post by silvafish » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:10 pm

nth styne 69...got caught red handed pinching a couple of shillings out of neil purchase snr old wagon,in the day you could get a half of loaf of bread and a heap of hot chips wrapped in newspapers from gerrys hamburger bar for a shilling.. neil was a hero to me and i felt like the little turd i was..he then told me he was cool and just ask him anytime i needed a feed...ever since then we have been firm friends..i saw him at a servo the other day after several missing years,he gave me a huge bear hug and asked me if i needed a feed! his got a new hearing aid and he looks great..i still felt the shame though 40yrs later,but have never pinched a thing since

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:32 pm

^^^ Could well have been shillings. They were still in circulation then at the same value as 10c.
Beanpole

Skipper

silvafish
Grommet

Post by silvafish » Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:04 pm

14th feb 1966..they drilled the decimal song into our heads ...thanks trev..your all over it nuffink ngo,sorry to disturb you with the chance of the wrong currency....

chrisb
Owl status

Post by chrisb » Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:37 am

silvafish wrote:nth styne 69...got caught red handed pinching a couple of shillings out of neil purchase snr old wagon,in the day you could get a half of loaf of bread and a heap of hot chips wrapped in newspapers from gerrys hamburger bar for a shilling.. neil was a hero to me and i felt like the little turd i was..he then told me he was cool and just ask him anytime i needed a feed...ever since then we have been firm friends..i saw him at a servo the other day after several missing years,he gave me a huge bear hug and asked me if i needed a feed! his got a new hearing aid and he looks great..i still felt the shame though 40yrs later,but have never pinched a thing since
When I went to pick up my first foam blank from the warehouse section of Shane Stedman's Brookvale factory in the same year I believe, 1969, he caught a couple of kids (about 12 years old) lurking around inside obviously with the idea of stealing something.

He just said to them in a non-threatening hippie sort of manner they had better leave now..... and they did.

It must just have been that same hippie vibe around that time when it was believed that crime situations could be solved in a non-confrontational and non-violent manner.