Digger Dickson's 101 Reasons Not to Surf a Cyclone Swell

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Digger Dickson's 101 Reasons Not to Surf a Cyclone Swell

Post by Trev » Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:31 pm

Tell us how this happened Digger...........

Have to say, looks a bit like the aftermath of a brain transplant.......... :wink:
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Re: Digger Dickson's 101 Reasons Not to Surf a Cyclone Swell

Post by mustkillmulloway » Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:18 pm

shit mate...i'm concerned :shock:

is the board ok :?:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
reginald wrote:Hang on, now all of a sudden I'm the bad guy. How the try again did that happen?

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:17 pm

That should buff right out :lol:
some cnut wrote:There are only two real problems that we face in life, knowing what we want but being unable to know how to get it and/or not knowing what we want
It's possible to hate the filthy world and still love it with an abstract pitying love

diggerdickson
barnacle

Post by diggerdickson » Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:42 pm

:lol: :lol: thought I would start a thread on excuses for not going out in big swell, werve all used em once in our lives, at first I stuffed me back, which is the main concern and I wasnt going to tackle this swell, but then on holidays with my family, while on a waterslide with my little girl, I smashed my head hard on the slide, splitting open the skin and cutting myself real bloody deep, blood was pissing everywhere and they called a ambulance for me.

I ended up on christmas day spending 3 and a half hours in the gold coast hospital, I was taken there in a next brace, on the trip in I was throwing up, so much fun. My little girl was back at the resort in shock the poor little thing............

Everything good now, in a way its a good thing because I was seriously contemplating paddling out at my favourite point as it was big and ugly, just the way I like it, with a sweep and long long walls and if I went out Im sure I would have really damaged my back......... as doc smith would say..... oHHHHHHHHHH THE PAIN, OOOOOOOH THE PAIN OF IT ALL.... :lol: :lol:
no, Im not a surfer, Im just a garbage man".

diggerdickson
barnacle

Post by diggerdickson » Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:48 pm

AND YES, I reckon it will buff out, give it a few days and will get the sander polisher onto it. That bloody fairy from my makeshift shaping bay followed me on my holidays, the bastard.............

So whats your excuse, have you missed the peak of the swell, whats ya reason, come on, out with it........ :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

I remember once in sydney on a massive day and I didnt want to really go out, i went down with my mates and took down my semi gun, but accidently forget my leg rope :lol: :lol: my mate had a spare :roll: It ended up being one of the greatest sessions I have ever had out at very big north av..........
no, Im not a surfer, Im just a garbage man".

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:04 pm

is THE WATER SLIDE OK :?:
kids are depending on it
:lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:
reginald wrote:Hang on, now all of a sudden I'm the bad guy. How the try again did that happen?

bilko
Local

Post by bilko » Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:27 am

Tore the lateral meniscus in my right knee climbing around on xmas eve putting up lights. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

dUg
barnacle
Location: sitting in my car waiting for someone else to paddle out first

Post by dUg » Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:43 am

Hoooooooly sh1t Digger.... that's some extreme to the max waterslidin'! Y'know... I've always thought those things were dodgy... I dunno... wet, soft supple skin and unfinished fibreglass edges. Hmmm... sounds like a few of my boards... but I digress...

Last big surf excuse I used was lack of sleep and undesireable side effects from some antihystemine I took in an effort to sleep. Stupid part was I couldn't sleep in anticipation of said surf. Talk about cutting off ya nose to spite ya face... :oops: :(

Anyway mate hope the noggin gets sorted soon and you're back in the shaping bay while the FUF is on Xmas holidays. :D

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:07 am

bilko wrote:Tore the lateral meniscus in my right knee climbing around on xmas eve putting up lights. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
That's pretty fcuked
some cnut wrote:There are only two real problems that we face in life, knowing what we want but being unable to know how to get it and/or not knowing what we want
It's possible to hate the filthy world and still love it with an abstract pitying love

otway1949
barnacle

Post by otway1949 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:16 am

I'm fired up and ready to go but the Mornington hoax snuck in the back of my car and has transmogrified into the Merimbula hoax.
I should have known this, the hoax comes up here every Victorian school holidays just so they feel right at home :D

Something broke, I thought I posted this elsewhere but it turns up here?????WTF I think the whiskey must have been better than I thought????
Last edited by otway1949 on Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jaffa, I'm opinionated, and I'm sometimes right. So?

daryl
Huey's Right Hand

Post by daryl » Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:11 am

Whack some stickers or gaffer tape on it.

My last was a noah hoac, ya know when everything's foam and a perfect triangle of dark face shows up, just a bit further out than my comfort zone.

Throw in stinky dead fish smell,
and start saying it's not that good, anyhoo...

swvic
Snowy McAllister

Post by swvic » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:15 am

This older prick's injured shoulder gets him out of some serious troubles. Happens to be true, but there are times I've seriously missed out. Can be dejecting. Blessing and curse
marcus wrote:and that vicco dude, whatsisname?