PIPE

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Scroty
regular

Re: PIPE

Post by Scroty » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:51 pm

jimmy wrote:
Braithy wrote:What gets me is, this is all over 60 thou ... Billabong made 145+ million last year which was a down year mostly due to the Japan Tsunami.

For a company that usually makes 200 mil per year and is expanding, 60 grand is deadset ashtray money.
Here you go Bwaithy... http://www.smh.com.au/business/billabon ... 1p1eo.html
Tough market :roll: This is surely just the market point where reduction in the quality of clothing turns consumers away. I for one am unwilling to fork out $40-$50 for the tissue thin rags surf brands call clothes these days.

What happened to quality, thick t-shirts that would last 3 years - anyone know if they are still sold anywhere?

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:04 pm

Dunno, but I wouldn't wanna be holding Surf corp stock.

The states are fcuked, Europe's in a huge hole, Japans' a continuing basket case....basically any business reliant on western consumerism is looking pretty deadbeat right about now.

I'd be watching for the inevitable expansion into China.......

Otherwise, I'd be advising Bong execs to start growing vegies and buying chooks.

Hey, that could be a business idea for the future.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:44 pm

steve shearer wrote:Otherwise, I'd be advising Bong execs to start growing vegies and buying chooks.

Hey, that could be a business idea for the future.
Yeah right...that'd be the same day you start an international surfwear corporation

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:03 pm

Scroty wrote: What happened to quality, thick t-shirts that would last 3 years - anyone know if they are still sold anywhere?
I still have a Rip Curl jumper that I bought at least 20 years ago which was made in Australia. It's lived on the floors of cars and garages for years and has had a hard life

Still has no rips, no tears, no seams loose, still fits, still perfect for those cold winter surfing days.
some cnut wrote:There are only two real problems that we face in life, knowing what we want but being unable to know how to get it and/or not knowing what we want
It's possible to hate the filthy world and still love it with an abstract pitying love

BA
Duke Status

Post by BA » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:04 pm

If you're in Sydney Scroty, try Boarders in Brookvale. I've got tees from them that are over 5 years old. They just seem better quality than the usual surf shop tee. Better material.