3 Strikes - Your Out!... The Board With Satan's Touch

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Deesee
barnacle

3 Strikes - Your Out!... The Board With Satan's Touch

Post by Deesee » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:13 pm

You ever had a board that was just perfect, but f#@k'n evil at the same time?

Ying Yang, What goes up must come down etc....

I think i just did...

Picked up a new thruster not along ago and after looking at it for weeks for curing's skae, the time had come for me to finally give it a go..

From the start it felt just perfect on the paddle out which i was concerened about as i'd trimmed the volume down quite a bit.. Paddles on to waves with ease and felt natural under foot... After 3 waves i was beaming and cheering within that my new board was everything and more i'd hoped for.

Then.....

Some pr1ck bails his 8ft sh1tbox in front of me (pushes it towards the shoulder while he dove under).. I didn't check it out too much at the time, but on closer inspection - massive rail crack and puncture on the bottom.. Man i was filthy - after 4 waves.. Are you f#$k'n serious?

Fix it that night and 1 week later, head down south for a mid week fun 3 - 4 ft session.. Surf number 2... Catch about 5 awesome waves and on the paddle back out a good size set comes in, and i'm all casual about duckdiving, but this hollow 4ft thumper breaks about 1 meter in front of me and just blows me off my board. No sweat, i'll just ride the tumble out... Then wack... F@#K! i'm sure i just felt my fin run across my head... Hard as well... Pop up.. Yep a hanful of blood within 2 seconds is not a good sign... paddle back in, freak out the school holiday crowd on the beach and drove myself to hospital.. long story short - 12 staples later and a chaps eye strip down my head, i'm looking good and feeling better...

3rd Surf... 3 weeks later..3ft hollow beach break break, backhand closeout, pop up and the c@#t is in 2 pieces...

I've just placed an order for another one exactly the same because everything about it felt so good... Sucker for punishment?

Anyone ever had a board which just bit you back?
If it feels good, do it.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Re: 3 Strikes - Your Out!... The Board With Satan's Touch

Post by Trev » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:18 pm

Sounds like fun Deesee. :roll:
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:25 pm

cursed :!: :lol:
reginald wrote:Hang on, now all of a sudden I'm the bad guy. How the try again did that happen?

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:03 pm

had a board that would snap the leash every time I surfed it.
I've never snapped a leash before or since. Pulled a plug through a board, snapped the little string bit, but never a leash.
The first couple I forgave, even though they meant a long swim in through reasonably waves, as the leashes were old and a bit had it.
Then it did it 3 more times in a 10 day period, with brand new leashes.
I thought I'd fix the fugger and got the heaviest leash i could find, it was like a CB aerial.

Didn't snap it, but the thing dragged me under water for about a hundred metres and nearly killed me.

Surfed it once more, leashless, then sold it.

bumfluff
Owl status

Post by bumfluff » Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:09 pm

I damaged the same board twice in as many weeks at Snapper. On both occasions it was not my fault (someone ditching their board the first time and someone else who thought Snapper was a left).

Says more about the break than my board. Pun intended.

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:30 pm

Best ever I saw was a guy jump off the north side of Kirra when it was about two ft into ankle deep water. Chucks his brand new board down casually and a tiny wave picks it up and smashes it in two on the groin. :( :( :( :lol: :lol: :lol:
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:50 am

My old Wolseley attracted every wayward wave ski within 100 meters - regularly.
BTW. Anyone else hear about a drowning at or near Angourie recently where a young surfer got his leggie caught around a rock and washed back on the opposite side of the rock to his board.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:23 am

Think Braithy posted something about it in the Where Did You Surf thread...

BA
Duke Status

Post by BA » Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:21 am

Dunno about a Satan board, but I had one board that hit me in the head twice requiring stitches. Never happened on any other boards before or after.

purple pyramids
barnacle

Post by purple pyramids » Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:19 pm

"...I dream of things that never were, and ask why not? "
bumfluff wrote:... and someone else who thought Snapper was a left...

Morgan The Moon
Local

Post by Morgan The Moon » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:09 pm

TrevG wrote:BTW. Anyone else hear about a drowning at or near Angourie recently where a young surfer got his leggie caught around a rock and washed back on the opposite side of the rock to his board.
Didn't hear about it, but got stuck in a similar way at Little Beach on the Central Coast. Got washed in over the rocks, on a mates borrowed board, and got held under with the leg rope wrapped around a rock and not enough leeway to get my head above water.

I managed to get the leggy off. Removed the leggy from the board. and paddled back to shore around the point. One fella was about to paddle out and asked what happened. In typical understated fashion he said "You should be careful, that's how fellas drown".

Beerfan

Post by Beerfan » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:59 am

My twin keel ( RIP ). Got a fin chop in it from some hero at the farm. Snapped a leggie on a gutless shoulder high day. Scraped my shins ( hard hard hard edge in the tail ) a few times. And i have a scar under my mouth from when during a wipeout, the 6x66 pointed nose hit me in the lip, causing 5 stitches. Would put up with that to have it back though. Fastest board i have ever had, bar none, and a sweet little board.

swvic
Snowy McAllister

Post by swvic » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:47 pm

Wasn't a possessed board and I still have it as a back up, but it was a shitty start. First surf on it was a crappy 4 ft onshore beachy. Went out because I had a mate and his 16 yo son with 2 of his mates staying with me. Being 16 and keen as fcuk, the little bastards talked me into it. Prick of a paddle through the closeouts, but one of the little turds was keeping up with me. Duck dived a wave next to each other and I hear that horrible noise. Yep, said little turd had let go. Shattered rail and mind. 2nd surf 4-5 ft solid backhand, board feeling good. Eat shit and feel fins hit my arse. No pain, no dramas. Next wave sideways on takeoff and over the falls. Pop up next to board and only 2 fins and 4 fcs plugs left in my new thruster.
marcus wrote:and that vicco dude, whatsisname?

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Post by ric_vidal » Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:41 am

No, Disees, can't say I have, but made for a good read.

I do however have an uncanny knack of injuring myself whenever I go overseas for surfing. :evil: Let’s hope I leave it home next week ’cause I’s orf :arrow:
Last edited by ric_vidal on Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

Deesee
barnacle

Post by Deesee » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:54 pm

Yep, well V2 is just currently being shaped and i've got a new little graphic for the bottom in memory of V1.. Blatantly ripped off from the creature sk8 deck of the same name..

DEEmon SEEd V2
1DCRU0DESD81000.gif
1DCRU0DESD81000.gif (14.48 KiB) Viewed 2967 times
Coming down off the nose about a foot long...

Looks sick...
If it feels good, do it.

daryl
Huey's Right Hand

Post by daryl » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:31 am

Deesee wrote:Yep, well V2 is just currently being shaped and i've got a new little graphic for the bottom in memory of V1.. Blatantly ripped off from the creature sk8 deck of the same name..

DEEmon SEEd V2
1DCRU0DESD81000.gif
Coming down off the nose about a foot long...

Looks sick...
it does!