france rhymes with ants dance in pants

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

pridmore
Owl status

france rhymes with ants dance in pants

Post by pridmore » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:39 pm

watched a few of the heats, some good surfing going down...who's gunna win ? Mick looks serious...
Anyone know if theres tv coverage ?, been looking but cant find anything....

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Re: france rhymes with ants dance in pants

Post by mustkillmulloway » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:32 pm

love the surfing...but the format bores me to tears :?

so non progressive :idea:
reginald wrote:Hang on, now all of a sudden I'm the bad guy. How the try again did that happen?

Chillin
charger

Post by Chillin » Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:55 am

I'm tipping that Julian will pout and cry to the judges after loosing by a point. Slatts will sneak up the leadeboard and draw Owen in the semi's, who will wait for a set wave in the final and lose to....Jordy who will finally perform without a home crowd. Dane will decide that the whole event is about as cool as a bogan wedding and will go home and do crap clips for his website. Mick and Joel will both wear themselves out in a push-up contest in the warm up area. The Brazza's will claim everything, even a tail waft in the 1ft shorey. The euro's will drop in on each other and be eliminated.
Your opinion is worth as much as it costs.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:29 pm

I know people go on about Dane...but how was that grab rail backside bottom turn then snap in the pocket ? pretty impressive tight power surfing....for a trickster 8)

BA
Duke Status

Post by BA » Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:52 pm

No tv coverage unfortunately :?

Quikkie had a deal with onehd so maybe fuel cracked the shits with them.

Bummer.

buzzy
barnacle

Post by buzzy » Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:34 pm

It pains me to say it but Kelly Slater looked impressive....best of bunch in R3. Own looks pretty good too though and lessee what Julian W offers down the track. Please let Slater be knocked out next round, and Owen win it. I've probably cruelled Owens' chances now.

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:08 am

With Owen now goneski, #11 for Mr Slater is looking more and more like a reality.

crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand

Post by crabmeat thompson » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:26 am

I love watching Taylor K still surfing like a beast.

One of my all time faves.
Kunji wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 8:09 am
Would you mind throwing in a little more homoeroticism

black duck
Snowy McAllister

Post by black duck » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:56 pm

Anyone else have a thing for Rosie Hodge?
All i want to see is the Rosie interviews for the visuals. Cameramen do their best to be subtle but it's obvious where their focus is.
One sexy Zaffa.
smnmntll wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:20 pm
You foaming spangoloids need to chill before you all do wetties on the carpet

S,M,L,XL

Post by S,M,L,XL » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:51 pm

she is tidy indeed...and makes all the pros look like midgets :shock:

that fat Rip Curl dude with the beard and long blonde hair gets his mug on camera alot!?

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Post by ric_vidal » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:37 pm

S,M,L,XL wrote:that fat Rip Curl dude with the beard and long blonde hair gets his mug on camera alot!?
Who, knicknack carroll?

buzzy
barnacle

Post by buzzy » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:44 pm

You get a real sense of a changing of the guard out of this event...at least I did. The emphasis on airs really advantages people like Funky Cold Medina, JW, Owen etc. I watched that round 4 heat with Slater, Medina and Ace and Slater only won it by being ridiculously overscored on his last wave (again). I had the real sense that Funky Cold had Slater covered in those conditions, and so it proved. Just like AI pulled down Slater's pants and dacksed him in the early naughties, I reckon Wilson and Medina are dacksing him again. Not in the sense of showing him up, but showing that he is human and eminently beatable.

I love power surfing in good waves but the tour seems to be moving in a direction which disadvantages people like Parko and Mick, and advantaging the tricksters.

Incidentally, I loved Taj's surfing in round 4, a great combination of power surfing and tricks, but he couldn't keep it going. Taj, Taj, Taj.

The big Saffa Jordy had a great run considering he really didn't look to be in form the whole event. Same thing happened at Bells where he just seemed to get through heats by good luck, a form slump by his opponent or just bad judging (Robertson heat).

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:15 pm

Will be interesting to see how the young aerialists go when the waves are double overhead barrels, which by all accounts Peniche is forecast to be this coming weekend.

But I agree, in tame, small surf, the old school have got nothing on the new school.

And one has to agree that aerial manouvres are suited to beachbreaks as opposed to point/reefbreaks, and one senses the new tour locations are suiting the aerialists to a tee. Bring back Cloudbreak, Mundaka and waves like J Bay and the power surfers will come back into the arena. Stay with small, punchy beachbreaks and the judges have got nothing but to score highly completed one aerial manouvre per wave crap.

northeasterly
regular

Post by northeasterly » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:02 pm

I have to take back what I said after Trestles about JW's varials. I thought Parko was right when he said they were ugly until I saw the one Julian Wilson pulled in the final in France. It had me gobsmacked. How does anyone pull one of them at all, let alone a final? There was no 'stink bug stance'. And he made it functional. I eat my words. The kid is amazing.

I was a bit confused about the 9.whatever that Medina scored at the end of the final. Maybe the two big aerials deserved the score but the awkward tic tac through the fat section was hard to watch. But a win is win. Maybe if JW pulled his second aerial on his highest scoring wave things would been different.

Loving the back to back contests. Now for some big mean barrels.

Topher
regular

Post by Topher » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:23 pm

Anyone aware of TV coverage for portugal?

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:20 pm

it's on Fuel. Don't know more than that.