Quikky Pro yo

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

offshore1
Duke Status

Re: Quikky Pro yo

Post by offshore1 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:39 am

Have to agree reg. as good as the surfing was it's a bit disconcerting to have the sport of kings marketed like , well, any old madison ave. widget account..
In this context, Bobby's retard outburst is almost refreshing.
marauding mullet wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 6:03 pm
Jesus I’m surrounded by schnitzel tards.

offshore1
Duke Status

Post by offshore1 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:41 am

"zing!"? I don't even remember what swear word i used but it sure as shit wasn't zing

not to mention: how many fcukwits in NFL boardshorts are going to be attempting hopeless airs at every local now...
marauding mullet wrote:

offshore1
Duke Status

Post by offshore1 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:10 am

^^^^ah, so, the offensive word was "retard". thanks trev for allowing that back in because, in bobby's case at least, it most certainly applies...
gotta say though, for a retard, i like the guy.
marauding mullet wrote:

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:33 am

reginald wrote:I was quite pleased to Julian wilson booted again.
reggie, why?

I don't know the guy but diggerdickson seems to have had a pleaasnt close encounter with the Wilson family in the surf at Coolum one day so - what's the young fella been up to?
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

otway1949
barnacle

Post by otway1949 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:09 pm

reginald wrote:wrong with the whole pro surfing, mega money clothing company collective.
Well summedup Regindino, absolutely agree. If you watch the two Mr Not so marketables, Bebe and Kai see where the attention lies. OK Kai's results aren't helping him but even when he is doing well how little they mention him.
But I'd rather the hoax surfing grew from itself than an outside entity plugging in
Jaffa, I'm opinionated, and I'm sometimes right. So?

Deesee
barnacle

Post by Deesee » Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:29 pm

I love the heat analyzer from the Billabong comp, just choosing which wave and heat to watch - awesome!
If it feels good, do it.

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:56 am

buzzy
barnacle

Post by buzzy » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:46 am

The whole DVD release before going on world tour, sponsored by Nike (Nike ffs!) had me exhibiting some antipathy toward little Jules. But I tell ya what, after watching him surf on tour I'm more and more convinced a world title is his within the next 2-3 years, and he's quickly rising my personal ranks for most watchable surfer.

That heat against Owen, it was Julian's surfing which was exciting me more. There was one backhand reo which was super vertical and then he busted the fins above the lip and it was just amazing. Amaaaaaazing.

Owen, Julian and Jordy will be the big names of the next decade, maybe with Dane, maybe not, and maybe with one or two Brazos who will smoothe out their style and step up to the plate.

PS Felt really sorry for Taj, but he should have caught some waves that last 15 mins rather than sitting on his lead waiting for the perfect wave. he knew one big punt would get a 9 or 9.5 (not 10). Slater was overscored by at least half a point for that aerial, obviously.

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:42 am

Still have little interest in airs.

Of the heats I've watched, the best wave ridden in the contest was Slater's 7.33 in the quarter final with Josh Kerr.

Starting at 54s in this video.
http://quiksilverpro.com/videos,Heats%2 ... menuGlobal

No hand backhand 360, ridiculous speed generation, and that high speed closeout lip ride shit all over the airs.

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:56 pm

So, one needs to ask this question now......Can/Will anyone catch Slater or will he get World Title #11?

crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand

Post by crabmeat thompson » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:06 pm

I know O is the trendy pick to beat Slater right now. I'm not sure Slater is ready to concede this title. Maybe the next one, though?
Kunji wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 8:09 am
Would you mind throwing in a little more homoeroticism

Cpt.Caveman
barnacle

Post by Cpt.Caveman » Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:37 pm

Anyone notice the five-finner KS was ripping on?

It looked like one of his usual 5'9"s with his K2.1 quad fin set-up, but it also had a tiny tiny little middle fin in the rear thruster slot. It looked like 1/4 the size of a normal fin, if that.

Looked interesting and he ripped the bag on it.
Davros wrote:Ego saved - surfing experience rubbish.

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:39 pm

looked like either a bonzer runner or a wakeboard fin.
He might call it McKee, but his rear fins look further apart than that, I expect he's trying to avoid the skaty feeling.

buzzy
barnacle

Post by buzzy » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:24 am

Time will tell, but I reckon JW has a more competitive and "older" head on his shoulders than Taj. He's a modern day MR I reckon in terms of his mental approach, in that he's tough between the ears.

TMC
Harry the Hat

Post by TMC » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:12 pm

I think JW will drop his bundle sooner or later. He has been given everything on a platter for the last half a decade.

As soon as the going gets tough, has a couple of bad results and he looks like he might not requalify he will crack.
Coops@DY wrote:Tangents is a members only, wild west style frontier. People have lost their minds, cried, threatened to kill other members in here Its great!

Cpt.Caveman
barnacle

Post by Cpt.Caveman » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:48 am

reginald wrote:I am in the deus shop having a coffee. Don't bother my own self loathing will be a lot worse and last a lot longer than anything you ctnus could dish out.

Anyway this slightly bloated ( in that eastern suburbs good life Deus Ex machina kind of way ) late 40'ish dude ( and he was a dude ) just walked in wearing a Quicksilver Pro NY truckers cap.

I'd say thats a result for pro surfing .

gotta go. the waitress who looks just like lindsey lohan without 13 types of cock breath is bringing me my espresso.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Davros wrote:Ego saved - surfing experience rubbish.

purple pyramids
barnacle

Post by purple pyramids » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:23 pm

westies
reginald wrote:I am in the deus shop having a coffee. Don't bother my own self loathing will be a lot worse and last a lot longer than anything you ctnus could dish out.

Anyway this slightly bloated ( in that eastern suburbs good life Deus Ex machina kind of way ) late 40'ish dude ( and he was a dude ) just walked in wearing a Quicksilver Pro NY truckers cap.

I'd say thats a result for pro surfing .

gotta go. the waitress who looks just like lindsey lohan without 13 types of cock breath is bringing me my espresso.

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:50 pm

TMC wrote:I think JW will drop his bundle sooner or later. He has been given everything on a platter for the last half a decade.

As soon as the going gets tough, has a couple of bad results and he looks like he might not requalify he will crack.
Yeah OK.

You're out of your tiny mind tmc. Julian's life is perfect and it will continue to be perfect. The going will never be tough.

reg I would say I am sorry but you went there in the first place you stupid fcuker.