Board washers

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

offshore1
Duke Status

Re: Board washers

Post by offshore1 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:33 am

^^^yeah, you got the best one, boo.
I strongly object to mine, it should have gone to tomtom.
well at least i'm not a hatchman
marauding mullet wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 6:03 pm
Jesus I’m surrounded by schnitzel tards.

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:41 am

Last edited by Grooter on Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
some cnut wrote:There are only two real problems that we face in life, knowing what we want but being unable to know how to get it and/or not knowing what we want
It's possible to hate the filthy world and still love it with an abstract pitying love

Davros
Snowy McAllister

Post by Davros » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:24 pm

Out, wash sand off feet, board into car sometimes into board bag (not a bad vehicle) then home, might shower, probably not, a couple of cans then into bed. I think Beanpole is on to something (I'm a grot and dont wash my board and have wax on my car seats) but also think those who care for their board are people who look after everthing pretty well and are good with the coin they have. Might have something to do with how large your family was as a kid.

offshore1
Duke Status

Post by offshore1 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:04 am

Davros wrote:Out, wash sand off feet, board into car sometimes into board bag (not a bad vehicle) then home, might shower, probably not, a couple of cans then into bed. I think Beanpole is on to something (I'm a grot and dont wash my board and have wax on my car seats) but also think those who care for their board are people who look after everthing pretty well and are good with the coin they have. Might have something to do with how large your family was as a kid.

let me guess, you were raised by circus gypsies..
marauding mullet wrote:

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:06 am

well, now that the post has been magicked, it don't make much sense at all...

Davros
Snowy McAllister

Post by Davros » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:18 am

offshore1 wrote:
Davros wrote:Out, wash sand off feet, board into car sometimes into board bag (not a bad vehicle) then home, might shower, probably not, a couple of cans then into bed. I think Beanpole is on to something (I'm a grot and dont wash my board and have wax on my car seats) but also think those who care for their board are people who look after everthing pretty well and are good with the coin they have. Might have something to do with how large your family was as a kid.

let me guess, you were raised by circus gypsies..
yeah my Mum and dad where also brother and sister. Point is the larger the family, the less money meaning you tend to look after your stuff a little better.

offshore1
Duke Status

Post by offshore1 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:25 am

^^^I know, davros, i'm just taking the piss, i have a bad habit of that.
I'm from a large family btw, so what you say is true in my case....
marauding mullet wrote:

buzzy
barnacle

Post by buzzy » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:38 am

I'm inspired by all you board rinser haters.

Tomorrow and from now on I'm going to bring a bottle of shampoo with me so after my next surf I can lather up the stick in a luxurious layer of cleansing foam. Then I'll take 10 minutes carefully washing and drying the board.

If you're angry now I can't imagine the foaming at the mouth indignation at my laundry lady act. :D

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:00 am

buzzy wrote:I'm inspired by all you board rinser haters.

Tomorrow and from now on I'm going to bring a bottle of shampoo with me so after my next surf I can lather up the stick in a luxurious layer of cleansing foam. Then I'll take 10 minutes carefully washing and drying the board.

If you're angry now I can't imagine the foaming at the mouth indignation at my laundry lady act. :D
I can see it now.........

The first ever case of surf shower rage. :shock:
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

Davros
Snowy McAllister

Post by Davros » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:46 am

At least when you punch the fins out there will be the comfort of a nice clean cut.

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:51 am

Maybe some homeless men will show up naked with their clothes to get washed.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:53 am

weren't you packing to move house recently Steve?
You're not between dwellings are you?

offshore1
Duke Status

Post by offshore1 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:55 am

alakaboo wrote:weren't you packing to move house recently Steve?
You're not between dwellings are you?
wash your board, boo, and find out...
marauding mullet wrote:

BA
Duke Status

Post by BA » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:32 pm

Don't think anyone's posted a valid reason. :?

I don't agree that salt water damages our equipment. I've checked my leggies and they look fine. One is about 10 years old! No salt damage.

Same with my fin plugs. They look fine.

Each to their own I guess. Ain't gonna lose sleep over it.

I must admit I did wash my board once. Was at Queensie showers after a surf and this chick walks up, takes off her bikini top and starts washing herself. Full boob rubbing. I wanted to stay as long as possible so started washing my board to stay longer. I think I got every grain of sand off it. That's a valid reason. :wink:

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:39 pm

Yeah, I used to surf at a spot frequented by female pro longboarders.
My wife would get cold and get out of the water before us, she often got asked to undo their wettie zips and there were two that used to shampoo each other's hair each morning. :shock:

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:40 pm

BA wrote:I must admit I did wash my board once. Was at Queensie showers after a surf and this chick walks up, takes off her bikini top and starts washing herself. Full boob rubbing. I wanted to stay as long as possible so started washing my board to stay longer. I think I got every grain of sand off it. That's a valid reason. :wink:
Yes that would be a valid reason to wash your board.

Not for all the other reasons these Lords of Gheyness do it.
some cnut wrote:There are only two real problems that we face in life, knowing what we want but being unable to know how to get it and/or not knowing what we want
It's possible to hate the filthy world and still love it with an abstract pitying love

BA
Duke Status

Post by BA » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:42 pm

Natho wrote:Washing ones board seems like the smart thing to me if you don't want salt water on/ in your car or boardbag.

Though just in recent observation into surfer behaviour I have noticed many who are too cool to give their board a quick wash also;
like surfing without a leggie and then end up swimming to shore every second wave
like ony waxing a small patch where the front foot goes and nothing else coz it looks cool
like using terms such as froth, sick, bra and yeeew
often have a big sticker on the back of the car advertising one of the big surf corps

Now Im not saying that's you BA, but so far these are my findings in researching this topic.
Just saw this Natho.

No, no, no and no. First one is a pet hate of mine. No. 2 is just farkin stupid. No.3 is plainly ghey, and the last one is more often that not seen around places like Penrith. I have no stickers on my car. I'm not sponsored by em, so why give them free advertising.

scod
regular
Location: Riding along the border, with a pair of zircon encrusted tweezers in my hand

Post by scod » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:43 pm

I would hate for my car that has been parked at the beach for the last couple of hour a couple of times a week for the last couple of years come into contact with any salt water from my board.

I guess its even more important for those rich enough to live near the beach.