J Bay Pro - No Dane

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

jimmy
Snowy McAllister

Re: J Bay Pro - No Dane

Post by jimmy » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:55 pm

Last edited by jimmy on Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hatchnam wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:13 pm
How about tame down the scatter gun must consecutively post on every thread behaviour you compulsive mongoloid.
swvic wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:54 pm
Actually, that’s interesting. Take note, beanpole

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:38 am

mustkillmulloway wrote:
Nick Carroll wrote:Wake up kiddies, the world tour's still the biggest game in town .

hmmmm.....i think cloudbreak this week might kinda disagree :idea:
ha ha well I know whom I envied more last week that's for sure!

Buff_Brad
barnacle

Post by Buff_Brad » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:43 am

TrevG wrote:
Buff_Brad wrote:
Fcuking hell when you join Realsurf now do you get a free Bible? Can it go downhill anyfcukingmore?

Stay with us Kreepy (even though your not all there) , NC .... off shore and newbie Zaen etc........this site needs ya.
So what?
Other people aren't allowed to express their opinions?
Get real.
Of-course you are Mr Senior Mod. But I feel like I'm dealing with the moral majority.

Hmmmm was Dino allowed to express his? :idea: No and most of his were completely tongue in cheek. :roll:

offshore1
Duke Status

Post by offshore1 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:52 am

jimmy1501 wrote:....
taken a lesson from the book of fong i see....jimminey 8)
marauding mullet wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 6:03 pm
Jesus I’m surrounded by schnitzel tards.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:05 am

Buff_Brad wrote:
Hmmmm was Dino allowed to express his? :idea: No and most of his were completely tongue in cheek. :roll:
Are you thick? Or just slow? How many times?

Dino expressed his opinion often and you're right, most were tongue in cheek.
They weren't what got him banned. It was the "few" left over after the "most" which were downright hurtfull and I must assume, intended to be since when I pointed it out to him in a pm he chose to make it public and continue in the same vein.

I'm not surprised marcus had had enough.

Why do I keep reponding to gybes like yours? Because everytime they turn up on the forum, newcomers will read them without knowledge of what's gone before.
So, as long as you and a couple of others keep regurgitating the same shit, I'll keep replying.

Yeah woolly, I know. Boring. But it's easy stopped. Just get these idiots to move on.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

Buff_Brad
barnacle

Post by Buff_Brad » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:35 am

TrevG wrote:
Buff_Brad wrote:
Are you thick? Or just slow? How many times?

Dino expressed his opinion often and you're right, most were tongue in cheek.
They weren't what got him banned. It was the "few" left over after the "most" which were downright hurtfull and I must assume, intended to be since when I pointed it out to him in a pm he chose to make it public and continue in the same vein.

I'm not surprised marcus had had enough.

Why do I keep reponding to gybes like yours? Because everytime they turn up on the forum, newcomers will read them without knowledge of what's gone before.
So, as long as you and a couple of others keep regurgitating the same shit, I'll keep replying.

Yeah woolly, I know. Boring. But it's easy stopped. Just get these idiots to move on.
No Trev , you are missing the whole point and that's why many exited. I'm not gybing at all. I'm very serious ....... the whole dare I say it ,past "beauty" of the RS forums are that opinions are allowed to be expressed without undo "moderation". All of Dino's posts 6+ years were deleted. A bit heavy handed wouldn't you think? - that's the message I want to send out to the newbies b4 they get disappointed that some aging conservative mod will be constantly breathing down their necks if they step out of line. "Hurtfull" (btw learn to spell) what gives you the right to determine what's hurtful? You called me thick and slow Trev. I'm really hurt. :roll: Maybe you should be banned pal.

Queenslanders - God some of them are pieces of work. They don't call it the "Nanny" state for nothing. Be careful newbies but don't worry RS needs the controversy ....... Trev's little megalomaniacal island paradise won't last.

purple pyramids
barnacle

Post by purple pyramids » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:59 am

yep, it's right up there with the burning of the library at alexandria.
one can only wonder how different the world may have been.
Last edited by purple pyramids on Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:07 pm

Buff_Brad wrote:are that opinions are allowed to be expressed without undo "moderation".
Buff_Brad wrote:"Hurtfull" (btw learn to spell)
You're either an idiot, or a genius. Can't figure it out yet.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:11 pm

[quote="Buff_Brad"

No Trev , you are missing the whole point and that's why many exited. Not that many at all Brad. There've been people picking up their bat and ball and going home since Realsurf began. Don't like it if they don't get their own way.I'm not gybing at all. I'm very serious ....... the whole dare I say it ,past "beauty" of the RS forums are that opinions are allowed to be expressed without undo "moderation".Not true. The "mod/ censorship discussion has been going on since 2004 when Don was so shit off with some of the posting that he was considering closing down the forums. All of Dino's posts 6+ years were deleted. A bit heavy handed wouldn't you think? I quite agree - and AGAIN we're going over old ground - give it up - or find something else to complain about.- that's the message I want to send out to the newbies b4 they get disappointed that some aging conservative mod will be constantly breathing down their necks if they step out of line. "Hurtfull" (btw learn to spell) ( :oops: )what gives you the right to determine what's hurtful? Simple answer. I'm a mod. That gives me the right to administer as Don expects me to. Don't like it? Take your bat and ball and go home.You called me thick and slow Trev. I'm really hurt. :roll: I sincerely aplogise. Maybe you should be banned pal.

Queenslanders - God some of them are pieces of work. They don't call it the "Nanny" state for nothing. Be careful newbies but don't worry RS needs the controversy ....... Trev's little megalomaniacal island paradise won't last.Why not?[/quote]
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

BA
Duke Status

Post by BA » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:13 pm

alakaboo wrote:
Buff_Brad wrote:are that opinions are allowed to be expressed without undo "moderation".
Buff_Brad wrote:"Hurtfull" (btw learn to spell)
You're either an idiot, or a genius. Can't figure it out yet.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Skipper
Duke Status

Post by Skipper » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:00 pm

So, to recap; Dane's too busy working on his aftershave and Kell's is on the other side of Africa feeding the Ethiopian kiddies to garner dwindling respect. :?

swvic
Snowy McAllister

Post by swvic » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:02 pm

Womby's got it right. KS is flaunting the rules - NOT breaking them. If they need/want him to market their BUSINESS, change the forking rules. Whatever happens, it's mostly detrimental to us anyway. Sure, advances might come a bit quicker, but give me slower advancement in a less crowded lineup any day. Curly Quicka Bong and others market the shit out of it to make money at the expense of surfers who want to just surf. Proof of that lies in the scheduled tour stops. Also, anyone who may want to payout on me - I don't give a long brown log.
marcus wrote:and that vicco dude, whatsisname?

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:16 pm

Rockin' Ron wrote:About 4:25 Olds...sweet serendipity.
Yeah, I've watched that vid a few times now, can't get my eyes off it.

4.25 is such a lowlight in comparison, really shows just what useless, fat, bloated, shiteful vessels those damned things are.
Lucky Al wrote:You could call your elbows borogoves, and your knees bandersnatches, and go whiffling through the tulgey woods north of narrabeen, burbling as you came.

Hano
Local

Post by Hano » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:40 pm

There’s no doubt KS is the best there has been and the “organisation” would be foolish to underestimate just how great an ambassador he is, but I reckon he has an obligation not to the sponsors or the ASP but to his fellow competitors who have outsurfed him so far this year. We are on the verge of seeing arguably the most stylish surfer of the current era get his first world title and the champ won’t turn up because he no longer considers himself a chance. :x

offshore1 wrote:
In the final analysis, given the conditions, I'd rather see K surf Fiji at 20 feet than JBay at three.
99.9% of the time I’d agree with you there, but for the remainder of this year I would prefer to watch Parko tear Kelly a new one in any shitty conditions.

swvic
Snowy McAllister

Post by swvic » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:49 am

Fair point, Hano, but I'm more impressed by the grommets at our locals than by the the likes of Parko and KS in crap surf. The pros really shine in solid, quality waves. I'm not interested in seeing them compete otherwise. The luck element is way too much a factor. As a club surfer (many many moons ago) I made it into the occasional final of comps. Reason? More often than not, the hottest surfers were either hungover in bed or getting better waves elsewhere because the surf wasn't great. In hindsight I should have been surfing with them.

swvic
Snowy McAllister

Post by swvic » Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:28 pm

Out of a continuing curiosity, I just went to the JBay site to see what was going on. Small swell and event on hold. Then, looking at the results, it became apparent that 2 Sth Africans got into the 2nd round due to the no shows of Slater and Bobby Martinez. So where the FLICK is Martinez? The super hero has been discussed here, but Martinez surely couldn't have also surfed some epic Pacific waves instead, could he?

brownhornet
Grommet

Post by brownhornet » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:43 pm

Do the rocking chair test yourself. Do you think kelly will look back when he's 70 in his chair think I wish I had gone to jbay or that he surfed cloud break. We all know the answer and can afford to be selfish and overlook so called responsibilities sometimes in our life. Particularly when it comes to work. As we get older you realize family, friends and community are the most important things. He shared an amazing experience and has given something to all surfers be staying there. Perhaps not to the asp but i'd say most surfers..actual surfers who live the life reckon following a dream is important. clearly the asp is more interested in new markets of fans essentially to grow the products and the brands through merchandise. It's not about the surf. Manly and NYC comps prove that. Even as a boss I have no issue with a staff member taking a day off to pursue a dream.unpaid of course. Doesn't happen every day...

Live it here again

http://ryanhipwood85.blogspot.com/2011/ ... -fiji.html

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:32 pm

Very nice, brownhornet.
Lucky Al wrote:You could call your elbows borogoves, and your knees bandersnatches, and go whiffling through the tulgey woods north of narrabeen, burbling as you came.