more stolen stuff

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

pridmore
Owl status

more stolen stuff

Post by pridmore » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:35 pm

Yestarday I had my car stolen from Alexandra Headland, it was a charcoal grey( almost black ) commodore wagon, 2001 VX with large MORE Surfboards sticker on back windscreen. It was stolen between 9.15 and 10.15 am. They must have watched me stash my keys inside my towel down on the rocks at bottom of headland ( so they are in my sigh range, about 50-80 mtrs from where we are in the water ).. In the car was hundreds of CD's and a large plastic tub of my fins, probably 40-50 sets of different, weird and wonderful fins I have collected for along time, so if anyone sees of hears of anything please let me know. The car stands out as its still got yellow plates and the back sticker is also yellow and white so it isnt just another commodore. Alot of the fins are one offs or definitely not common so who knows what they'll do with them but they may be stupid enough to sell them on the net ....My wife had 2 new pair of shoes in the front seat, cost us $150 each, barely worn and were only still in the car after a Goldy weekend trip, same as my fins, not usually in there...anyway, I'll post a pic of the car and fins later, its off to the pawn shops, cops shop and the bank to try and get some money out , yes, they took my wallet, cards, watch, phone, my sons school bag full of his schoool books and his school uniform and shoes.....One really farked day and it never ceases to amaze me how many SCUMbags are on this planet planet :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Quangers
Local

Re: more stolen stuff

Post by Quangers » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:47 pm

Farken crnuts.
I hope they park it on a hill without using the handbrake, get out, and have the car roll over them. :evil:
Good luck though MP-hopefully the cops round them up quickly.
~Dan

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:57 pm

Damn what a sh.it of day.

I hope you find the car, them, and have a crowbar/cricket bat handy
some cnut wrote:There are only two real problems that we face in life, knowing what we want but being unable to know how to get it and/or not knowing what we want
It's possible to hate the filthy world and still love it with an abstract pitying love

marcus_h
charger

Post by marcus_h » Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:02 pm

Hey mate did you get a chance to check down meridan way?

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:13 pm

that sucks
There are a lot of retirees sitting on their balconies up behind there, might find a witness if you door-knock?

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:42 pm

Bloody hell Mark, there's some arseholes in this world.
Hope you get your stuff back.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:57 pm

sucks dog balls.

You should at least get the car back.......

Fuck middle of the morning......
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:06 pm

marcus_h wrote:Hey mate did you get a chance to check down meridan way?
checked down there pretty thoroughly...this has turned me into one negative angry bitter prick today, have asked around, half the surfing community of Alex and Marooch are aware of it and looking out...there's been several stolen recently, even heard a story of a couple meeting down the beac after work ( both took a car each ), they stashed their keys and stuff on the beach, had a walk and when they got back, yep, both cars were gone.....
there's a story in todays paper spreading the word, really hope this pissants get caught.... :twisted: :evil:

bumfluff
Owl status

Post by bumfluff » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:34 pm

Fark me mate, that's pretty heavy.. I'll keep my eyes out for ya and let everyone I know who goes up that way.

I always take my car key off the ring and stick it in my leggie cause I just don't trust anyone with my car these days. I've had one stolen when I was younger, so I know that feeling when you look at the empty spot where your car used to be. :evil:

Hope you get it all back and the scum who took it gets the book thrown at him..

Skipper
Duke Status

Post by Skipper » Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:00 pm

Sorry to hear. That's a cruel blow. Hope there's a happy ending.
Preferably with the dirty scumbags getting caught by friends or acquaintances while tying to fence the stuff. Urban justice. Cops won't do much to prevent them doing it again.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:33 pm

here is a pic of some of the fins that were in the car.... :( :evil: :evil: :evil:

SDC
regular

Post by SDC » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:17 pm

F'n Germs, Karma will catch up with them mate.

I'll tell the crew I know up that way to keep an eye out.

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:21 pm

Sorry to hear of this foul deed mate.

Keep us all informed won't ya.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:28 pm

thanks guys....its the fins that I reckon might pop up somewhere, there are a few sets in there that I'd know anywhere... :x I always take 2, 3 or even 4 boards to the beach but thankfully my fave 3 are out on loan so just took the one, and I cant remember the last time I only took one...why the fark did I take every farkin fin......lesson learnt...hearing good things about SurfLocks , what you guys use ???

SDC
regular

Post by SDC » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:35 pm

I just leave my keys with NC who sits in the front of the Van and growls at anyone who walks past - that's usually enough to deter's anyone from trying to tax my stuff, plus people get a good gag at seeing him frothing at the mouth like some rabid indo mutt.......

If NC's not around I usually use one of those SurfLock's.

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:51 pm

thats so bad mark...really sorry hear it, told been a few :shock:

someones sitting watching :idea: do u park in the same place most days :?:

i'll keep a eye on local pawn shops this end the coast for u....but my gut feeling is the cars in logan or somewhere....if it's the same random done over all the cars...his after cars...the other stuff may will end up at the tip :cry:
reginald wrote:Hang on, now all of a sudden I'm the bad guy. How the try again did that happen?

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:53 pm

it hasnt crossed the Gateway, I have a toll tag and did a check...thanks for keeping an eye out...

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:00 pm

Mark, I know a few people who use the surf locks and are happy with them.
I just use a "door only" key around my neck on a bootlace. If the car has deadlocks they can smash a window but can't open the door so they'd have to crawl through the broken window to get in and start looking for my hidden ignition key.
I sort of work on the basis that there are easier options for them seeing as almost every second other surfer justs slides the keys under the wheel arch, up the tail pipe or on the chassis under the traybody if they're a tradie.

Many years ago my wife had her handbag stolen off the beach at Kirra while we were body surfing in front of the clubhouse. I saw them from the water but they were off up the rocks and gone before I got back to the beach. 'Twas pre credit cards so she just lost some money - and the key to our car which was locked up and safe but we had to go back to Brissie to pick up a spare.
However, this has been a warning to me. I'll re-assess what I take to the surf in the car with me in future.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.