more stolen stuff

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Re: more stolen stuff

Post by Trev » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:04 pm

pridmore wrote:cheers captn....and Trev, its at Carseldine shopping centre, gettin quotes to tow and fix but its a bomb so not sure if its even worth it...but its my uncles car so might have to do it...will see what it'll cost first.....if it was mine, it'd be off to the wreckers, so over the shit and would happily fark it off for the convenience to be honest....enough of my moaning, gotta cheer up and get over this crap....thanks guys.....
OK. I thought if it was close enough to Kedron I could do something if you towed it there. If it needs a new driveshaft, not too hard to replace. Prolly get a s/h unit but even a new Repco one (assuming you mean cv shaft) is only about $120 my price). I could get it fitted free.
Keep me posted. You know my mobile number.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

slowy
regular

Post by slowy » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:06 pm

Feeling for ya mate. Hate that snowball effect, that's happening.
Good luck with it all.
On a positive note, I was getting slacker and slacker with stashing my keys...I just got a good kick up the arse!

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:06 pm

legend, thats a sweet deal, may even consider that one mate,,, appreciate that Trev.... 8)

we have 10 kms free towing which might get it to Kedron ? and I dont have ya number mate, it was on my phone that got stolen....I'll contact you thru here soon if we go ahead with it...but thanks again mate :)

Cpt.Caveman
barnacle

Post by Cpt.Caveman » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:09 pm

Good news Mark, getting closer and this guy is just stupid and sloppy. He'll probably try again tomorrow and 20 people waiting over the sand dunes and hills ready to sprint tackle him.
Davros wrote:Ego saved - surfing experience rubbish.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:12 pm

I even considered and discussed tryin a set up but thought nobody would be that stupid.....wish I did now, I would have got to tackle someone, havent done that for about 5 years and I do miss my footy....but I may have ended up in trouble but gee that would be satisfying.....

chrisb
Owl status

Post by chrisb » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:39 pm

MP I'm sorry to hear about the theft but do look forward to the next instalment with the scumbag thief being caught.

As for security I agree with Karlos: get a car door key cut for about $30 and secrete your electronic keys in the locked car before going out for a surf. IMO Hatchman was lucky with his Aquapac: mine leaked after a few weeks use and despite looking hard I could never find the source of that leak.

Little
regular

Post by Little » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:10 pm

I hate thieves with an unusual passion, growing up in an area where it was a bit of a sport. The thing that keeps them going at it, though, is a ready market for stolen goods. Cunce who buy stolen goods are as bad as the thieves themselves. If ever approached with a deal too good to refuse your immediate reaction should be to king-hit the salesperson. Then rob him of both his posessions and his dignity. We all have a responsibility.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:28 pm

pridmore wrote:
we have 10 kms free towing which might get it to Kedron ? and I dont have ya number mate, it was on my phone that got stolen....
Duuhhh! :oops:
Sorry Mark.
pm responded to.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

Morgan The Moon
Local

Post by Morgan The Moon » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:19 pm

That's a shitty thing to happen.

Have used a surflock for years in Aus, no problems.

Took it to Wales and it lasted a month before some low life jimmy-ed it, took off with the car, kids skateboards and my wallet. Left me on the beach in a UK Winter, 20 miles from home with nothing but a wetsuit and a board. Local cops loved it... :roll:

Haven't used a surf lock since. I've actually got one at home, if you want it, let me know and I'll send it up.

the hulkster
Grommet

Post by the hulkster » Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:44 pm

Sorry to hear the bad news Mark. Must be bad if its put you off surfing. Hopefully karma is a bitch and this prick gets whats coming to him.

booradley
regular

Post by booradley » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:57 pm

Little wrote:I hate thieves with an unusual passion, growing up in an area where it was a bit of a sport. The thing that keeps them going at it, though, is a ready market for stolen goods. Cunce who buy stolen goods are as bad as the thieves themselves. If ever approached with a deal too good to refuse your immediate reaction should be to king-hit the salesperson. Then rob him of both his posessions and his dignity. We all have a responsibility.
great point Little.
Whe I was 17 I was working in a factory having deferred from uni. A dodgey bastard who also worked there would come in every day with a "system" (car stereo) to sell. It was beyond cheap and I was in the market. I mentioned it in passing to my mum at dinner, thinking she would condone it as we were struggling financially.
She said "That is very cheap indeed".
"Yeah" I said, "They're about 300 bucks in the shops"
"I was talking about your integrity" she said
I kept crappy one I already had.

bumfluff
Owl status

Post by bumfluff » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:52 pm

pridmore wrote:an interesting twist has happened today...this scumbag had tried again at the same spot, and the car was almost identical too, just 4 or 5 years later model, but here's where it gets interesting, the car was owned by an off duty copper... :D the scumbag pinched the keys and towel as he did with me and he had gone to the car but didnt take off in it, he took the wallet and cd's but not the car, so maybe he saw that it was an officers car, maybe a badge or I.D in the wallet ??? anyway, he was also spotted by a few witnesses so there's a description of him and the officers were much more interested in looking for him now :roll: but it makes me feel like this wanker low-life is gunna be caught...they finger printed the car and told all the coppers to get looking for the scumbag loser, some of the same locals who saw it happen to me, were also there and have given the coppers all the info and I reckon this scumbags time is nearly up...now just to get the police to bring him over to my place for a friendly visit before they lock him up...... :roll: :D I'll keep you guys informed if I hear more.... and all this after the story has been on page 2 of the local paper yesterday and on the local radio station too....
Excellent :D Karma's a b*tch aint it..! I hope the fact that it was a cop's car hasn't detered him, because I'd love to be in on a bit of a set up. I could do with releasing a bit of anger lately..

dUg
barnacle
Location: sitting in my car waiting for someone else to paddle out first

Post by dUg » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:45 am

Why is it that with the exception of guns and dope plants, you never hear about stuff getting ripped off from people that "deserve" it? Sorry to hear about your misfortune MP... if I was you I would be feeling pretty vengeful and torn up about now... I dunno how you push through that. I guess all you can do at what's still intact... and healthy... kids... wife... family... and draw on it.

If any of this stuff turns up on ebay I'm sure fong will spot it, I'll keep an eye out too. I'll even buy it and insist on bank transfer so I can get the prick's details and location. If I see anything I'll post it here so maybe one of you guys can win the auction and insist on local pickup. :twisted:

roundhouse
Grommet

Post by roundhouse » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:22 am

hey mark. sorry to hear about your car. Keep an eye out everywhere for it. I had mine stolen from my unit in cooly a few weeks ago. Heard nothing for two weeks and thought it was gone, burnt out somehwere. Then driving home one afternoon i spotted it getting filed up by some junky at servo. I took the keys and chased after him for about 20 mins until the cops caught up and got him. he's put away now and the car was fine, but i had already been payed out. Theres a good chance that if they are stupid enough to steal it they could still be driving around the coast in it.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:29 am

good to hear about you getting the car back, but didnt you get a chance to plant a few on his chin ?
if this tosser was so friggin stupid to drive my wagon around, he'd get spotted for sure, its got my business sticker on the back windscreen and alot of people know about this now, it was on the news (not that I saw it or knew they were gunna do it, must have used stills from the newspaper interview ), and on the radio too, again, I had no idea, just heard from mates....but after the latest happenings, I do hold some hope that this piece of shi.t scumbucket fuc.k-knuckle dead shi.t low life loser, sack face deadbeat inbred toolbag etc etc will get busted and do some time ....but I'd still really enjoy breaking his nose so every time he looks in the mirror, he would think of me...that would appease this bitter revenge brooding in me.... problem is I dont wanna go surfing, not too keen on leaving the hire car keys anywhere, might surf in shifts with my son til we get the new car from insurance, but who know s how long that'll take....enough complaining, I am over this now.... 8)

old48waxhead
Location: North Curlie, Freshwater, Dee Why, Collaroy, roof of back dunny

Post by old48waxhead » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:16 am

never had a problem guys. always loop a spare car key through the cord of my speedos. it dangles around my balls & no one except those with special permission are going to get in there.

PeepeelaPew
Huey's Right Hand

Post by PeepeelaPew » Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:40 pm

Last edited by PeepeelaPew on Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

PeepeelaPew
Huey's Right Hand

Post by PeepeelaPew » Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:41 pm

Last edited by PeepeelaPew on Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.