more stolen stuff

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Natho
barnacle

Re: more stolen stuff

Post by Natho » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:04 pm

Sorry to hear that Mark.
There is no worse feeling. Same thing happend to me a couple of years ago at my local.

I started walking home in my wetty, and then in a back street there was my car in the middle of the road, key in ignition, no damage and not a thing stolen. You may still get it back.
In fact it happend to me many years before that too and I got my car back.
Best thing i ever did was get a surf lock. There are low lifes who prey on us surfers leaving our key somewhere. Just assume you are always being watched. Lookat how many people stash their key before a surf. Thats what the low lifes prey on. They watch from a distance, and check towels left on the beach.

SDC
regular

Post by SDC » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:22 pm

I also use a crook-lock religiously after having 3 x cars stolen in the past.

I often think of how the f*#k I'd react if I had the van stolen whilst I was on a road trip.

Best of luck with getting the car back Mark.

bumfluff
Owl status

Post by bumfluff » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:44 pm

TrevG wrote: I sort of work on the basis that there are easier options for them seeing as almost every second other surfer justs slides the keys under the wheel arch, up the tail pipe or on the chassis under the traybody if they're a tradie.
You seem to know a lot about this stuff Trev, where were you yesterday :D

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:52 pm

Been using one of these for 3 years now

Hasn't leaked, and never had a problem. Best of all it floats so if by some sheer miracle it came off my neck from being tucked inside my wettie I'm a decent odds-on chance to find it.

You can buy them for less than $30 online.
some cnut wrote:There are only two real problems that we face in life, knowing what we want but being unable to know how to get it and/or not knowing what we want
It's possible to hate the filthy world and still love it with an abstract pitying love

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:49 pm

yeah, I hope this doesnt happen to others it feels really shi.t...my son was witness to the whole thing and another good thing to come from it, is that he has seen how stealing stuff effects people and hopefully he will never consider it...

bohdidontsurf
Local

Post by bohdidontsurf » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:02 pm

Hey Mark, fcuking angry just hearing that. I was in a board meeting in Sydney and got a call from my sons who get dropped home from school by a 65 year old invalid pensioner...they walk in and find the house ransacked and a 12 inch carving knife on our dresser..all my wifes heirlooms and antique jewellery some of which was family stuff passed down hundreds of years...gone. I live an hour away and when I drove home it felt like 10 hours....I can be an agro prick but I know deep down inside...had those f.cukers been in my house when I got home...I wouldn't have stopped at beating the shit out of them...Id give them an injury that would remind them for the rest of their lives you dont do that shit...know that scene from reservoir dogs....the petrol....the ear...thats what I am talking about. A certain person who attended the scene told me exactly how to set it up so I wouldnt be charged. So I feel for you...thankfully I know guys that will seriously hurt people for $500...id pay them 10 times that if I find out who it is..and I am still looking and will never stop.

bumfluff
Owl status

Post by bumfluff » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:19 pm

bohdidontsurf wrote:Hey Mark, fcuking angry just hearing that. I was in a board meeting in Sydney and got a call from my sons who get dropped home from school by a 65 year old invalid pensioner...they walk in and find the house ransacked and a 12 inch carving knife on our dresser..all my wifes heirlooms and antique jewellery some of which was family stuff passed down hundreds of years...gone. I live an hour away and when I drove home it felt like 10 hours....I can be an agro prick but I know deep down inside...had those f.cukers been in my house when I got home...I wouldn't have stopped at beating the shit out of them...Id give them an injury that would remind them for the rest of their lives you dont do that shit...know that scene from reservoir dogs....the petrol....the ear...thats what I am talking about. A certain person who attended the scene told me exactly how to set it up so I wouldnt be charged. So I feel for you...thankfully I know guys that will seriously hurt people for $500...id pay them 10 times that if I find out who it is..and I am still looking and will never stop.
Yep and it's not just the fact that stuff got stolen it's whole invasion of your home/belongings and privacy that sucks. Just knowing that some grub's been through your personal belongings is enough to make you irate. The fact that they then go ahead and take them is just icing on the cake.
Last edited by bumfluff on Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

diggerdickson
barnacle

Post by diggerdickson » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:24 pm

Mark, so sorry to hear that sort of crap happen to you, no one deserves that, if you want to send me some sort of poster I can stick some up around my area for ya mate. That really sucks, what a bloody low life :(
no, Im not a surfer, Im just a garbage man".

offshore1
Duke Status

Post by offshore1 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:45 am

Absolute bollocks. Best of luck finding the gear Prids.
I had a kitchen reno done a few years back, had a pissweak 'strongbox' in the bedroom closet with a rather nice collection of old silver coins stored inside. Some weeks later I noticed the lid was bent/smashed . it had been broken into, and most all of the coins were taken.
In hindsight I remember coming home from work one afternoon in mid-reno -- we left them alone in the house during most of the project due to our having to work to pay for it -- and the boys looked flustered like I had caught them in the middle of something.
I passed it off at the time as unfounded worry and, still, I wouldn't swear it was they who took the silver...,.. but the more I thought about any other options, the more it pointed to these bloke, who I really didn't know, but , naively, trusted..
this was ten years ago and it stilll eats at me.
Last edited by offshore1 on Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
marauding mullet wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 6:03 pm
Jesus I’m surrounded by schnitzel tards.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:09 am

nearly everyone has had an experience with thieves and it really leaves you feeling bad and I cant shake this feeling, dont want to surf, thinking about revenge all the time and I gotta let it go...but to top it off, last night the wife was on her way to work in a bomby lancer my uncle has left with me while he is away and the thing has shit itself, not able to be driven, drive shaft gone and I had to borrow a car to go get her, she didnt get to work, she couldnt ring me due to my phone being stolen,
missed out on the coin she would have earnt at work, now the car is stuck in Brizzy and I got to pay to get it towed, then fixed...the snowball effect is farking doing my head in, its like a bad dream...
:evil:

Beerfan

Post by Beerfan » Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:12 am

Faark mate, dirty HELP ME.S. Pre dig a hole somewhere in the bush mate...... Make sure to grab a few kg's of lime too.......

Hope your luck turns mate, that's just f>U.CK.ED

purple pyramids
barnacle

Post by purple pyramids » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:52 am

hope your luck turns, and quickly.

Butts

Post by Butts » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:09 am

Mark very sorry to hear what has happened, it SUCKS big time.

If there is anything I can do to help (by the sounds of it not much because of where I am) don't hesitate to call me.
Best of luck, hope you locate it soon.

As an aside, bohdidontsurf that is the WORST case scenario. I know exactly what you'd be feeling, and its ugly.
I hope you, and especially the kids and wife, can get passed it, but it is very hard to do. :-(
Good luck.
All these drawings about dinosaurs… Why can’t we have photos?

Karlos
Snowy McAllister

Post by Karlos » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:28 am

Gotta get past it & write it off to bad luck Prids otherwise it'll eat at you. Not easy to do (I fcukin hate thieves with every fibre of my being) but you never know, you may one day get the opportunity to deal out some vengeance on 'em.

Anyway, just get a 'door only' key made (presuming your keys are of the electronic variety) & stash the regular one inside the car & the door one in your leggie. I'd guess all legropes have the pocket in them these days right?

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:09 pm

pridmore wrote:nearly everyone has had an experience with thieves and it really leaves you feeling bad and I cant shake this feeling, dont want to surf, thinking about revenge all the time and I gotta let it go...but to top it off, last night the wife was on her way to work in a bomby lancer my uncle has left with me while he is away and the thing has shit itself, not able to be driven, drive shaft gone and I had to borrow a car to go get her, she didnt get to work, she couldnt ring me due to my phone being stolen,
missed out on the coin she would have earnt at work, now the car is stuck in Brizzy and I got to pay to get it towed, then fixed...the snowball effect is farking doing my head in, its like a bad dream...
:evil:
Mark, is the car still in Brissie? And if so, whereabouts?
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

Cpt.Caveman
barnacle

Post by Cpt.Caveman » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:49 pm

Sorry to hear that Mark, frikkin lowlives. Work for your money like the rest of us or get a frikkin trade or skill to get there. Karma will catch up with this one, one day he'll look around and his only friends are crims trying to rip him off and he'll be half a foot away from jail.

Hopefully he gets caught so someone can give him a chance to snap out of it and you can get your stuff back MP.
Davros wrote:Ego saved - surfing experience rubbish.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:01 pm

cheers captn....and Trev, its at Carseldine shopping centre, gettin quotes to tow and fix but its a bomb so not sure if its even worth it...but its my uncles car so might have to do it...will see what it'll cost first.....if it was mine, it'd be off to the wreckers, so over the shit and would happily fark it off for the convenience to be honest....enough of my moaning, gotta cheer up and get over this crap....thanks guys.....

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:57 pm

an interesting twist has happened today...this scumbag had tried again at the same spot, and the car was almost identical too, just 4 or 5 years later model, but here's where it gets interesting, the car was owned by an off duty copper... :D the scumbag pinched the keys and towel as he did with me and he had gone to the car but didnt take off in it, he took the wallet and cd's but not the car, so maybe he saw that it was an officers car, maybe a badge or I.D in the wallet ??? anyway, he was also spotted by a few witnesses so there's a description of him and the officers were much more interested in looking for him now :roll: but it makes me feel like this wanker low-life is gunna be caught...they finger printed the car and told all the coppers to get looking for the scumbag loser, some of the same locals who saw it happen to me, were also there and have given the coppers all the info and I reckon this scumbags time is nearly up...now just to get the police to bring him over to my place for a friendly visit before they lock him up...... :roll: :D I'll keep you guys informed if I hear more.... and all this after the story has been on page 2 of the local paper yesterday and on the local radio station too....