Surf Movie Night Sunshine Coast May 28

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

kookster
regular

Surf Movie Night Sunshine Coast May 28

Post by kookster » Tue May 17, 2011 3:45 pm

Julian Wilson's 'Scratching The Surface'
Plus advance promo for Mark Visser's '9 Lives' with his night surfing at Jaws
Also footage of Dave Scard's massive wave at Cloudbreak last year.
All proceeds to The Board Meeting Charity for severely handicapped local kids.

Saturday May 28, Lake Kawana Community Centre
Doors open 4.00pm, actions starts 4.30pm sharp. Tickets $10. Refreshments (hard andf soft) and food available throughout. Short surf memorabilia auction with a 6'2 Firewire going under the hammer as well as other surfing bits and pieces.

To book call Jess on 1300 334 566

The event is run by The Board Meeting Charity to help raise funds for local handicapped kids in need.

Directed by Matt Beauchesne at Irons Brothers Productions, ‘Scratching the Surface’ documents the adventures of Julian, along with friends and fellow professionals Dane Reynolds, Taj Burrow, Dusty Payne, Mick Fanning and others as they spend a year hitting some of the world's most beautiful surf spots. Destinations include South Africa, Australia, Indonesia, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, California, Hawaii, France, Spain and Brazil. A large part of the film was also shot in the Mentawai Islands of Indonesia on a boat trip with Dane, Dusty and Taj. ‘Scratching The Surface also teamed Julian and Matt with Brain Farm Cinema, whose goal was to evolve the way surf films are made by utilizing helicopters and The Phantom Camera, shooting entirely in HD, and incorporating an energetic and unique soundtrack.

We will also be showing an exclusive preview of Mark Visser’s ‘9 Lives’ showing some incredible big wave action including his insane night surfing sessions at Jaws.

There will be drinks [hard & soft], snacks and movie tee’s on sale and a small auction of surf gear donated by our sponsors.
Entry is still only $10 with all funds going straight to local kids in need.

Some of our beneficiaries will be attending so this is also a great opportunity for you to meet these special kids who are benefiting from your support & generosity.

Bookings can be made direct through Jess at Bennett Carroll Solicitors on 1300 334 566 and you can pay by Credit Card. Advance bookings really help us to cater better, so this is really appreciated. Alternatively you can rock up at the door with cash.

Last edited by kookster on Wed May 18, 2011 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Happiness is wanting everything you have.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Re: Surf Movie Night Sunshine Coast May 28

Post by Trev » Tue May 17, 2011 4:15 pm

Hi kookster. Your link wasn't working automatically so I fixed it with one of mine.
And I'll copy this across to "General Surf Discussion" as well.

Trev
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Tue May 17, 2011 8:15 pm

Off Topic briefly.
Ringers and tomarse. Your posts were deleted.
This is not a topic that should be disrupted with your crap.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Tue May 17, 2011 8:20 pm

ohhhh crap is good often funny as :lol:

u going trev :?:

i'm trying sort work commitments.....sounds like fun

any other sunnysiders keen attend :?: ....visers night surfing alone be worth the tenner

great post kooky good cause, welcome realsurf and good luck :idea:
reginald wrote:Hang on, now all of a sudden I'm the bad guy. How the try again did that happen?

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Tue May 17, 2011 8:35 pm

^^^^^^
Hopefully Fong.
Need a few days to be sure. But it's a good cause and the Board Meeting group do some good stuff.

PS. I agree about the crap but I felt this topic should be respected and not watered down with it.

Just saying.....
Beanpole

Skipper

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Tue May 17, 2011 10:30 pm

Ringers, it's on display in plenty of other locations on this forum.
THIS topic is about a charity event.
Leave it alone.
Beanpole

Skipper

diggerdickson
barnacle

Post by diggerdickson » Tue May 17, 2011 11:37 pm

not sure if I can make it :( Oh well.
no, Im not a surfer, Im just a garbage man".

kookster
regular

Post by kookster » Wed May 18, 2011 10:44 am

Cheers for the feedback guys. I'm heavily involved as a member of the committee and not only does it help raise money for these poor little buggers it is a good way for several generations of surfers to interact.

Anything you can do to help spread the word and get more bums on seats there the better. I'll be the drunk guy holding up the auction prizes so make sure you say gday.

more info at http://www.theboardmeeting.org
Happiness is wanting everything you have.

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:37 am

I prefer Allan. Erique tries too hard