camper vans/campers at local

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

go hard
Grommet

camper vans/campers at local

Post by go hard » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:05 pm

Hey
Just interested if anyone has noticed how many campers are now hanging out in our Nth beaches carpark areas [curl curl].Usually in numbers,hanging up washing,pitching tents taking over the showers and a lot of the car spaces.nth narra caravan park is nearby but it does cost dollars
These people dont pay for parking and will probs tell all their mates that its a gr8 spot to hang out free of charge.Where are the rangers to move them on. This should be stopped now before it gets out of control and locals get the shits.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Re: camper vans/campers at local

Post by Trev » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:24 pm

I thought you had to pay to use the north and mid Curly car parks.
Anyway, it's happening up here too. Getting a few semi regulars showing up around my local.
Plus the "local" who lives in his van anyway. I guess he's OK but it does seem to be more common these days.

Having said that, in 1967 a mate and I slept in my Beetle, with boards on top at Dee Why, Brighton and Lakemba (alongside the velodrome) for the best part of a week without being questioned (or causing any trouble). 8)
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

Cuttlefish
barnacle

Post by Cuttlefish » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:59 pm

Bugs me when the carpark at Nationals (Noosa) has backpacker's lobbing their all day.
Do the drive around and see the feet of snoozing backpackers sticking out of vans all through the place. :x
Plenty of shady parking spots down the woods for them to have a kip.
Apparently Sunshine beach has plenty of good parking spots too.
:roll:
When you have paid parking like at the Pass in Byron you don't see that happening. :idea:
Edit- but with a windscreen sticker for rate paying locals for parking fee exemption.
Last edited by Cuttlefish on Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Only a rat can win the rat race.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:08 pm

woolly wrote:
TrevG wrote:... in 1967 a mate and I slept in my Beetle, with boards on top at Dee Why, Brighton and Lakemba (alongside the velodrome) for the best part of a week without being questioned (or causing any trouble). 8)
Similar. In '70 a mate and I spent a week at the Pass sleeping wherever we could find a save haven from the "bomber". There was a ranger(??) that would do the rounds at sparrow fart, and if caught, I can't remember if he hit you up for "fees", or if there was an on the spot fine. ..
We stayed there on the way home from that '67 trip.
Think it was "fees" in those days.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

haysie
regular

Post by haysie » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:57 pm

Shutup you knob
Braithy - I can look at a guy like Sonny Bill Williams, his physique and face, and appreciate, he's a good looking guy

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:28 pm

Seems the nimbys are out in force. Presumably theyre all wicked vans on their way around australia. Probably do the same thing myself if I was travelling that way. You just get the aftermath of all the eastern suburbs backpackers hostels van sales.

I've had to be up at the cross a few times lately and you can't believe how many backpak hostels there are and how many vans there are for sale.

My first surf safari was in a corolla sedan and the owner insisted on sleeping on the back seat so the other two of us had to sleep in the front bucket seats :x :x :x Woke up one morning at the back of Coffs with a bunch of school kids surrounding the car. We'd parked at the school bus stop the night before :roll: :roll: :roll:
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:11 pm

the drama is sheer numbers, it's not bobby sleeping rough in the fj anymore :cry:

it's a convoy of kooks :idea: my local regularly had 12 vans a night, i say had

locals put a stop too it

no ones mine the odd traveler...but when they rock up in groups twenty :roll:

plus...they stay in there clicks, i've seen and heard germans move on english chicks from the rivermouth carpark...as it was only for germans :shock: ...i mean...WTF :?:

they also add nothing too local bussiness...they spend sweet fu.ck all...i've seen them haggle over a $10 haircut

it's not bali :roll:

p.s if u can't afford a camp site...stay home and work a couple months longer :idea:
reginald wrote:Hang on, now all of a sudden I'm the bad guy. How the try again did that happen?

otway1949
barnacle

Post by otway1949 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:47 pm

mustkillmulloway wrote: plus...they stay in there clicks, i've seen and heard germans move on english chicks from the rivermouth carpark...as it was only for germans :shock: ...i mean...WTF :?:
Oh! I say terribly rough stuff that, I think we should call on Basil to remind them just who won the war :lol:
Jaffa, I'm opinionated, and I'm sometimes right. So?

WANDERER
Owl status

Post by WANDERER » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:25 pm

a lesson that I didn't have to learn the hard way, from the Halifax area in Nova Scotia, tyre slashing and the active verbal warning re tyre slashing, you couldn't park there (some spots) in broad daylight let alone stay overnight.
We have been too welcoming in the past, it's time to burn the welcome mat and start some active preservation... ffs, I just spent 32 weeks in the USA and Canada, I drove over 21'000 miles and I never indulged in vagrancy, the campgrounds or dingey motels weren't always near where I wanted to be but I sucked it up and dealt with it, and for the most part I was outside of built up areas. Now these cunse want to just rock up, pay nought, use the local amenities and generally make the place look like a sh!thole??? f*ck 'em off, do it right, have some flamin' respect for the locals and residents fer chrissakes! find a campground, or a motel or hostel, do it right or piss off.

Skipper
Duke Status

Post by Skipper » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:27 pm

They've been the scourge of the Eastern Suburbs for quite some time. An issue with locals in some back streets as well as around scenic spots by the beaches. Clovelly carpark resembled a shanty town for a while until rangers began evicting in earnestness only recently.
Bad enough having to put up with them on your doorstep but to have to put up with them when one goes up the Cross for a civilized coffee and purchase of recreational drugs. :wink: What's this world come to!? Hideous!
We could up the ante and camp outside the Beaubourg when next in Paris or the Colosseum or up against the Berlin wall..... Oh, yeah, it's gone. Anyway you know what I mean.
TrevG wrote:
Having said that, in 1967 a mate and I slept in my Beetle, with boards on top at Dee Why, Brighton and Lakemba (alongside the velodrome) for the best part of a week without being questioned (or causing any trouble). 8)
Now, it should come as no surprise, as Ive admitted my Banky roots elsewhere, and picked up by Johnno :wink: but I knew we'd crossed paths some time Trev. :shock: Might have been tempted to wax yer windows had my mates and I come across you.
Admittedly, it was a few years later but I christened my imported Bahn supaflex skateboard with urathene wheels and Chicago trucks at the Velodrome.
Actually, we used to have sports at Wiley Park and I remember a shocking incident round '67? 68 ? when a sad soul self immolated on the grass outside the drome. Not something primary school kids should have to deal with. Needless to say but sport was called off that day. :cry:

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:14 am

skipper wrote:
TrevG wrote:
Now, it should come as no surprise, as Ive admitted my Banky roots elsewhere, and picked up by Johnno :wink: but I knew we'd crossed paths some time Trev. :shock: Might have been tempted to wax yer windows had my mates and I come across you.
Admittedly, it was a few years later but I christened my imported Bahn supaflex skateboard with urathene wheels and Chicago trucks at the Velodrome.
Actually, we used to have sports at Wiley Park and I remember a shocking incident round '67? 68 ? when a sad soul self immolated on the grass outside the drome. Not something primary school kids should have to deal with. Needless to say but sport was called off that day. :cry:
Yeah. Sorry. Wiley Park. That was it. 8)
I was there to see a young lady who'd spent her school holidays staying with her cousins who lived over the back of us at Tweed Heads. I had a little (but not much) unfinished business to take care of in her education. :wink:
Beanpole

Skipper

Damage
Owl status

Post by Damage » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:11 am

Don't really mind as long as they take their crap with them and are not up all night being farkwits.

I did it next to the Brandenberg Gate, downtown Cesky Krumlov etc so can't get too cranky with em.

:D

matt...
charger

Post by matt... » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:22 pm

yeah they're up here too, guys, on the sunny central coast. Wicked vans, Juce vans, rusty vans, BRIT campers...... the list goes on....
not only do they tell their mates, but one tourist showed me a printout from a British backpacker site on "carparks that you aren't likely to be fined", ie, good for free camping!! :shock:
Brazzos, germans, irish, english, nederlands, swedish, the lot.
most are quiet & well behaved,
and they stay in the sharktower carpark which is not far from my place.
i've had a drunk tourist "punch" my car doors in, car has been scratched, etc. i ran out in my PJ's and picked the guy up & threw him over my front fence (only waist high).
we even have elderly (grey army) campers stay in the carpark. gosford city council is too weak to issue any fines. they are pathetic.
nature is a language. can't you read?
if you spend your life looking behind you, you don't see what's up front...

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:26 pm

Why does everyone have a problem with eurotrash backpackers camping in their back yard?
They add much needed colour to the increasingly sterile vision of the east coast.
What if its a van full of swedish hostesses?

Personally its the irish biff heads and the poms that get me angry.
As far as pommies goes it never stops amazing me that some really ordinary pom is seen as being inherently
interesting and sophisticated because they do the exact equivalent of every occer in australia but with an english twist.
I know women who would run a mile from the average ozzie who sits around watching football and getting pissed every night
but they fall for pommies who sit around watching soccer and getting pissed every night in an english way. Of course the poms love it
since no one has ever thought these habits were interesting. Residency here they come.
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

chrisb
Owl status

Post by chrisb » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:40 pm

I'm with wanderer on this one. Piss them off. If the rangers don't move them on the locals should slash their tyres. After all the Euro kooks won't pay their parking fines before leaving our country however a slashed tyre will cost them money to repair - make them think twice about bludging :evil:

Apparently it is becoming bad around Kirribilli also.

matt...
charger

Post by matt... » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:22 am

Beanpole wrote:Why does everyone have a problem with eurotrash backpackers camping in their back yard?
They add much needed colour to the increasingly sterile vision of the east coast.
What if its a van full of swedish hostesses?

Personally its the irish biff heads and the poms that get me angry.
As far as pommies goes it never stops amazing me that some really ordinary pom is seen as being inherently
interesting and sophisticated because they do the exact equivalent of every occer in australia but with an english twist.
I know women who would run a mile from the average ozzie who sits around watching football and getting pissed every night
but they fall for pommies who sit around watching soccer and getting pissed every night in an english way. Of course the poms love it
since no one has ever thought these habits were interesting. Residency here they come.
ha ha... if ever i see a van full of swedish hostesses, i promise i'll PM you!
why don't i like them?
inconsiderate to their surroundings - i'm pretty tolerant of tourists, 'cos i realise i live in a tourist destination, but i spent time travelling the coast in vans in my youth, and now occasionally at camping grounds. if i'm going to party and make noise on a weeknight, i do it away from locals houses. i don't bash their car doors in. i don't intentionally scratch the paintwork on cars. i don't damage other peoples property.
leaving rubbish in the car park - ffs pick it up. it only takes two seconds.
brazzos are c.nuts in the lineup
english are clumsy and get in the way
irish are stupid and get in the way

good luck to them with the aussie chicks!
nature is a language. can't you read?
if you spend your life looking behind you, you don't see what's up front...

Chillin
charger

Post by Chillin » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:46 pm

Turn up at 5:30am and talk really loud about the waves, footy, cricket, wind direction etc. that gets em peering out the fogged up window at you.
I was sitting on the local with my topless misses one reasonably warm june day and these two girls come down the beach chatting away. They sit not far from us, which kinda got me pissed as it was midweek and no one else around. Anyway I overheard em talking and they turned out to be Irish chicks, and one of em hot as. I started talking to em and they came over and chatted about 'fookin oarsome ostralia'. Presently one of em decided that she was gonna go topless too, and outed the raspberry and cream coloured bits, which inspired her friend to follow suit.
Since then my view of the backpacker vans has changed a bit.
Having said that, I'm not too keen on the grey nomads.
Your opinion is worth as much as it costs.

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:32 pm

chrisb wrote: Apparently it is becoming bad around Kirribilli also.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: oh no :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?