Olo tour continues. . .

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Roy_Stewart
barnacle

Re: The Eddie

Post by Roy_Stewart » Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:21 pm

So one is not allowed to talk about the surfboard designs used in the Eddie contest ?

Now why would that be ?

It's relevant to the thread topic and is interesting.

:|

Dingus
Owl status

Re: Olo tour continues. . .

Post by Dingus » Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:35 pm

Answer the question, it's not hard, it's not something you need to deflect and avoid like most times. We've talked about this before.
offshore1 wrote:^^^I don't think anyone really cares [about boogie boarders] anymore Dae.
\none left on the forum.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:52 pm

Roy_Stewart wrote: Big wipeouts? This one from the first Eddie comp at Waimea takes my cake - Roger Ericscon between a 10 foot Brewer and a 25 foot lip.
Typical crappy lightweight tail riding gun design caused that one !

:|[/quote]

I'm sure elsewhere in this split thread you made the point that your boards were about the same weight as big wave guns (in defence of their safety record).
Please explain this discrepancy.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

kayu
Local

Post by kayu » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:01 pm

Stuart ,your surfboards have never generated much interest , which is why you constantly troll other threads...wake up and live with it.. :(

Roy_Stewart
barnacle

Post by Roy_Stewart » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:06 pm

Incorrect, they have generated a huge amount of interest, a fact which you appear to be consistently eaten up with jealousy about.

Roy_Stewart
barnacle

Post by Roy_Stewart » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:08 pm

Dae wrote:Answer the question, it's not hard, it's not something you need to deflect and avoid like most times. We've talked about this before.
I just asked you a straight question, you said that my answer suggested something about my level of 'formal' education, I asked you what you think my answer suggests.

I'm not bound to part with any personal information but will consider it if you answer the question.

Basically i want to know why you ae asking the question, and you have already said that you have a reason for asking but won't say what it is.

So it's in your court...

Roy_Stewart
barnacle

Post by Roy_Stewart » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:11 pm

woolly wrote:
Roy_Stewart wrote:So one is not allowed to talk about the surfboard designs used in the Eddie contest ?

Now why would that be ?

It's relevant to the thread topic and is interesting.

You are of course correct Roy.
However surfboard design according to Roy, always leads back to Roy's boards.
Now why would that be?
Design is relevant to the thread topic. And it is interesting. Extremely interesting.
But when Roy becomes involved, it's just Roy, Roy, Roy.....
Step back champ.
Look.
Listen.
Mods, if it concerns board design, and Roy is involved, sweep it all to the "Roy" thread.
We've heard it all before..............
If there's a problem it's that every time I make a design comment you lot immediately start ranting on about myself and my boards.

You do this deliberately to make it look as if I'm thread hijacking, then run to Mummy by calling for the mods, it's the oldest trick in the book.

Roy_Stewart
barnacle

Post by Roy_Stewart » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:15 pm

TrevG wrote:
Roy_Stewart wrote: Big wipeouts? This one from the first Eddie comp at Waimea takes my cake - Roger Ericscon between a 10 foot Brewer and a 25 foot lip.
Typical crappy lightweight tail riding gun design caused that one !

I'm sure elsewhere in this split thread you made the point that your boards were about the same weight as big wave guns (in defence of their safety record).
Please explain this discrepancy.
There's been a recent trend to make paddle in guns heavier by adding weights, but it looked to me like the board in the video was lightweight.

The main issue is the tail riding type, weight is relevant but it's the tail riding gun design developed from shortboards which is the problem in my opinion.

Dingus
Owl status

Post by Dingus » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:45 pm

You assert but do not back up, you claim but do not provide, you divert rather than answer, you're given opportunities that are approached systematically by those with a formal higher-level education, regardless of amount of knowledge or point of view, but obviously do not take this, as we see with the diverting.

I'm not claiming that one needs a higher-level formal education in order to interact, or indeed there should be a specific way one should approach discussions. However your consistent approach is such that I'm starting to wonder about your general intelligence and ability to interact on an adult level.

Feel free, of course, to refute the usefulness and blindness associated with 'formal education' and 'being blinded' and 'brainwashed' and then to not answer my question as I must surely be using it as some sort of point scoring. Which, of course, is exactly what you're expected to do.
offshore1 wrote:^^^I don't think anyone really cares [about boogie boarders] anymore Dae.
\none left on the forum.

kayu
Local

Post by kayu » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:50 pm

Roy_Stewart wrote:Incorrect, they have generated a huge amount of interest, a fact which you appear to be consistently eaten up with jealousy about.

No..they have generated minimal interest...its your constant trolling for attention that creates the interest, and its obvious and transparent....and its sad......and your "go-to" comeback that anyone is jealous or envious is merely confirmation of the fact.

Roy_Stewart
barnacle

Post by Roy_Stewart » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:00 pm

Dae wrote:You assert but do not back up, you claim but do not provide, you divert rather than answer, you're given opportunities that are approached systematically by those with a formal higher-level education, regardless of amount of knowledge or point of view, but obviously do not take this, as we see with the diverting.

I'm not claiming that one needs a higher-level formal education in order to interact, or indeed there should be a specific way one should approach discussions. However your consistent approach is such that I'm starting to wonder about your general intelligence and ability to interact on an adult level.

Feel free, of course, to refute the usefulness and blindness associated with 'formal education' and 'being blinded' and 'brainwashed' and then to not answer my question as I must surely be using it as some sort of point scoring. Which, of course, is exactly what you're expected to do.
Answer the question please.

You said that my response suggested something to you about my level of 'formal' education, I'm curious to know what the something might be.

I'd rather be discussing the niceties of surfboard design and the question you asked me recently on that subject, but since you've taken it to the personal area we'll clear that up first.

Roy_Stewart
barnacle

Post by Roy_Stewart » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:04 pm

kayu wrote:
Roy_Stewart wrote:Incorrect, they have generated a huge amount of interest, a fact which you appear to be consistently eaten up with jealousy about.

No..they have generated minimal interest...its your constant trolling for attention that creates the interest, and its obvious and transparent....and its sad......and your "go-to" comeback that anyone is jealous or envious is merely confirmation of the fact.
Incorrect.

You are just a jealous bitter troll, who defines himself largely by dribbling on about me .

By the way either your eyes are too far towards the top or your forehead is lacking in height.

:?

Roy_Stewart
barnacle

Post by Roy_Stewart » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:04 pm

:D

Skipper
Duke Status

Post by Skipper » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:06 pm

The is doing my head in.
Roy Stewart, don't you get it?
This thread is about discussing The Eddie. A contest. Regadless of what you think is the appropriate equipment contestants should be using, if partcipants in the thread wanted to discuss equipment, they'd do it in another thread about the right or wrong board for surfing BIG waves.
We are, And I'm assuming others feel the same way , interested in contributing or following discussion on THIS CONTEST! NOT WHY YOUR BOARDS ARE (supposedly) MORE SUITABLE ( and by the comments so far, probably not. And I might add, you've provided no unequivocal examples of proving otherwise).
And get off the mods back. He's doing what he can to appease all.
He don't need your shit. Gets enough from others on here.

Roy_Stewart
barnacle

Post by Roy_Stewart » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:15 pm

:roll:

Bro, the contest isn't on the swell was too small

Besides, you could always ignore my posts if they are not exactly about the aspect of the contest you would like to talk about.

Give it a go mate, in the meantime I'm interested in the equipment used. Typically it doesn't allow turning in the steep part of the wave which condemns the rider to a limited range of options.

Kelly Slater's boards seem to do the job better by taking the shortboard approach to the extreme, and possibly by having a more forward riding position but many of the other boards use the shortboard concept in lengths which don't suit it.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:30 pm

Doesn't matter whether the contest is on or not Roy. This thread is about the Eddie.
If we want to know about your boards we'll look on one of your threads, or you could start one about the merits or otherwise of "typical crappy" big wave boards.
But leave the contest alone and don't choke up the thread with other thoughts.

Eddie would go.

Why don't you?
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

Skipper
Duke Status

Post by Skipper » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:38 pm

Granted, bro, I know the contest hasn't gone ahead.
I'm bewildered by the one sidedness of all this.
The fact is, time and again, you're called upon to validate, beyond mere hyperbole, the practical and proven benefit of your designs. And I just don't see it. Not on these forums or any others I've dipped into. No one questions the beauty or craftsmanship of your boards. It's the claims that they are superior to what's used, tried and tested in the majority of applications. And I'm with most in the video evidence youve provided inthat they look like flat kayaks trimming along fat slow waves.
Now as far as radical moves towards short board design for big wave surfing, then that's another matter. Another thread.
I havnt got anything to contribute to a thread about the Eddie, other than expressing my stoke at the achievements of those who would/would have participated.
And since it's not on, well I guess you can come on board, and steer it into a discussion about how your boards are the bee knees. Again.

kayu
Local

Post by kayu » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:39 pm

Roy_Stewart wrote:
kayu wrote:

[/quot

You are just a jealous bitter troll, who defines himself largely by dribbling on about me .

By the way either your eyes are too far towards the top or your forehead is lacking in height.

:?
Carefull Stuart , your true intellect is showing again !