Olo tour continues. . .

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Roy_Stewart
barnacle

Olo tour continues. . .

Post by Roy_Stewart » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:11 pm

Ok I'll make something out of this thread by making it the olo tour thread.

This board has been travelling for 3 years, and moved to waikiki from waimea bay today

http://olosurfer-woodensurfboardsatpipe ... inues.html

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak- ... 2202_n.jpg
Last edited by Roy_Stewart on Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

channels
Snowy McAllister

The Eddie and roys tangent

Post by channels » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:30 pm

Roy_Stewart wrote:
clay wrote:
How big Roy? I'm pretty sure there is a big difference between 10 foot and 25 foot.
It's impossible to discusss wave height on a public forum because most people have been brainwashed into the idea that for waves up to a certain height the true measurements are halved or divided by three, above a certain height they are used as they are.

Wave height does not affect surfboard hydrodynamics directly, it is surfboard speed which is the main determining factor.

Like I said sooner or later the truth will come out. . I hope it happens this century.

Actually it isn't impossible, put it in relative terms.. how big compared to the wave that Roger Erickson wiped out on in the yotube link above? I would have thought even with your twisted logic and degree in philosophy, that you would agree that nothing is impossible!

Actually, Fcuk it...trying to debate this shit with you is like arguing with a 4 year old. I'm taking my bat and ball and going home, show footage or fcuk off!

Roy_Stewart
barnacle

Re: The Eddie

Post by Roy_Stewart » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:32 pm

You ask a question and then say that you don't want the answer. . . :roll:

Bottom line is that I know and you don't.

channels
Snowy McAllister

Post by channels » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:36 pm

Correction Roy... Bottom line is you claim to know.

haysie
regular

Post by haysie » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:37 pm

Pics or it didn't happen, Roy.
Braithy - I can look at a guy like Sonny Bill Williams, his physique and face, and appreciate, he's a good looking guy

Roy_Stewart
barnacle

Post by Roy_Stewart » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:38 pm

That's incorrect.

What happened happened, recorded or not.

haysie
regular

Post by haysie » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:40 pm

I sushi rolled an elephant today. I don't know what it was doing in the lineup, but it was suddenly just there. I don't think anyone else saw it though. But it did happen.
Braithy - I can look at a guy like Sonny Bill Williams, his physique and face, and appreciate, he's a good looking guy

Roy_Stewart
barnacle

Post by Roy_Stewart » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:40 pm

clay wrote:Correction Roy... Bottom line is you claim to know.
Correction Clay, bottom line is that I claim to know AND I do know. . . .

kayu
Local

Post by kayu » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:42 pm

..self-praise is the lowest form of recomendation !... :)

Roy_Stewart
barnacle

Post by Roy_Stewart » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:44 pm

To people like you it all seems ultra difficult and mysterious, with all 'knowledge' coming only through certain channels. . . this situation is caused by ignorance, and it is a myth.

In reality with sufficient intelligence it is all very simple, and none of the social means of attempting to determine what's true and false are of any use at all once one has the keys to the kingdom, so to speak.

Of course it is understandable that you fail to understand, so I try to be patient . . .

Roy_Stewart
barnacle

Post by Roy_Stewart » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:47 pm

kayu wrote:
..self-praise is the lowest form of recomendation !... :)
That's just a social convention and has absolutely nothing to do with the truth regarding surfboard design.

I'm so glad that i don't have to try to interpret the world in the dim way you do !

channels
Snowy McAllister

Post by channels » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:50 pm

Some great advertising of the qualities of a Roy Stewart surf craft

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzDWmZu9clY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hl2i9E-5exs

kayu
Local

Post by kayu » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:00 pm

Roy_Stewart wrote:To people like you it all seems ultra difficult and mysterious, with all 'knowledge' coming only through certain channels. . . this situation is caused by ignorance, and it is a myth.

In reality with sufficient intelligence it is all very simple, and none of the social means of attempting to determine what's true and false are of any use at all once one has the keys to the kingdom, so to speak.

Of course it is understandable that you fail to understand, so I try to be patient . . .

I suggest that you go back to whoever it was that educated you about "sychology" and demand a refund.. :)

bohdidontsurf
Local

Post by bohdidontsurf » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:55 pm

SERIOUSLY GENTLEMAN DON'T BE HOODWINKED BY ROY .. I SAY WE MAKE IT AN UNWRITTEN RULE ON REALSURF NOT TO ACKNOWLEDGE ANYTHING ROY SAYS.. NO MATTER WHAT HE SAYS.. IF WE ALL PULL RANK AND IGNORE THE BEARDED LITTLE PRAT HE WILL EVENTUALLY GET THE MESSAGE AND WON'T TURN LEGIT THREADS LIKE THIS INTO SELF STIMULATION AND SHAMELESS FLOGGING OF SUNDECKS WITH FINS

channels
Snowy McAllister

Post by channels » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:20 pm

bohdidontsurf wrote:SERIOUSLY GENTLEMAN DON'T BE HOODWINKED BY ROY .. I SAY WE MAKE IT AN UNWRITTEN RULE ON REALSURF NOT TO ACKNOWLEDGE ANYTHING ROY SAYS.. NO MATTER WHAT HE SAYS.. IF WE ALL PULL RANK AND IGNORE THE BEARDED LITTLE PRAT HE WILL EVENTUALLY GET THE MESSAGE AND WON'T TURN LEGIT THREADS LIKE THIS INTO SELF STIMULATION AND SHAMELESS FLOGGING OF SUNDECKS WITH FINS
Ummm hate to state the obvious but it's not really an unwritten rule if you just wrote it.... :mrgreen:

But back to talking about monster waves. If Second Reef is correct, I think the camera in the keyhole area to get footage of guys pulling into the shorey and camera in the water will be an awesome enhancement to what was already awesome coverage last year.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:27 pm

clay wrote:Some great advertising of the qualities of a Roy Stewart surf craft

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzDWmZu9clY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hl2i9E-5exs
Oh dear.

All those waves wasted. :mrgreen:
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:09 pm

roy, not everything is about you.
Roy_Stewart wrote:a social convention
is that you don't attempt to bring all discussions back to your own superiority.
haysie wrote:I sushi rolled an elephant today. I don't know what it was doing in the lineup, but it was suddenly just there. I don't think anyone else saw it though. But it did happen.
Haysie, you're going to fit in just fine.

I hope the swell reaches the height requirements. And I really hope that the board in question would forever answer the question, so that we could put the nonsense to rest.

Haz
barnacle

The Eddie

Post by Haz » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:32 pm

Roy Stewart at Waimea...

Let that sink in for a bit...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: