board testing day on Sunny Coast

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

pridmore
Owl status

board testing day on Sunny Coast

Post by pridmore » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:13 am

I am planning to have another little board testing day on Australia Day on the Sunny Coast, probably Maroochydore ( but weather and wave conditions may mean a move but it'll be not too far ). I will be taking 10 - 15 boards of a wide variety down the beach with me and they'll all be available to be ridden so if you wanna try something or even just come down and say gidday, should be a fun time and an opportunity to ride some different stuff. Boards that will be available to try out are
- Fat-Bat ( 2 or 3 different sizes , including the very first one I ever shaped and one of NC's )
- Quadfathers ( again 2 or 3 different boards )
- dim-SIM ( my 5'3" mini-simmons shape )
- Swinger ( my own fave, 5'11" - please dont damage her... :roll: , if I can get it back from Shearer )
- Double D ( a 5'10" wide-ish diamond tail thruster )
- Fish-Fingers ( some very different finless boards- some with tiny cut off fin options )
- Swinger longboard ( 8'8" quaddy )
and some othersas well......

date not totally set in stone but aiming for that date for now....Possibly starting a new travelling board this day also....

Cuttlefish
barnacle

Re: board testing day on Sunny Coast

Post by Cuttlefish » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:16 am

GR8 idea.
If you need a couple of marquees to provide shade I'll bring mine along.
Only a rat can win the rat race.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:00 pm

thans for the offer, might take you up on that, just hoping for a fun day more than anything else, might be a good chance to bring alot of Sunny Coast and even Brizzy RS regulars, put a face to the name and catch up with the ones we already know...as well as hopefully get a few waves and try some boards... and Aussie Day seems to be as good of a day as any....might even be a few dodgy Aussie flag hats....and whats that beverage Aussies like to consume ??? maybe we can have some of that ??? :roll:

marcus_h
charger

Post by marcus_h » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:36 pm

Sounds good Mark. Wont be able to make it though, my aussie day usually consists of an early wave then off to a bbq/party from about 10am for the hottest 100.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:39 pm

plenty of time then, we'll prob kick off about 7.00 or 8 am.....even if ya have ya early surf with us maybe....be good if you can make it for a little while... 8)

diggerdickson
barnacle

Post by diggerdickson » Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:27 pm

I will be there, work depending, dont want to miss it.
no, Im not a surfer, Im just a garbage man".

marcus_h
charger

Post by marcus_h » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:18 pm

Yeah cool if it starts then i'm in!

jimmy
Snowy McAllister

Post by jimmy » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:27 pm

marcus_h wrote:Sounds good Mark. Wont be able to make it though, my aussie day usually consists of an early wave then off to a bbq/party from about 10am for the hottest 100.
And then draping yourself in a beer soaked Aussie flag and running around the streets yelling "Aussie Aussie Aussie?" Whilst showing off your southern cross tattoos? :P :P :P :P :P
Hatchnam wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:13 pm
How about tame down the scatter gun must consecutively post on every thread behaviour you compulsive mongoloid.
swvic wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:54 pm
Actually, that’s interesting. Take note, beanpole

marcus_h
charger

Post by marcus_h » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:45 pm

jimmy1501 wrote:
marcus_h wrote:Sounds good Mark. Wont be able to make it though, my aussie day usually consists of an early wave then off to a bbq/party from about 10am for the hottest 100.
And then draping yourself in a beer soaked Aussie flag and running around the streets yelling "Aussie Aussie Aussie?" Whilst showing off your southern cross tattoos? :P :P :P :P :P
We must go to the same bbq??

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:16 pm

jimmy1501 wrote:
You'd be welcome too Jummy.
Come on up.

PS I'll be there Mark.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

diggerdickson
barnacle

Post by diggerdickson » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:55 pm

Im actually hanging to try out the swingers, both short and long. Plus the mini sims, dont think they will suit a old man like me but I would love to give one a go for sure. :D
no, Im not a surfer, Im just a garbage man".

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:46 am

more than welcome o try them Digger, just having one in your dims ad volume might be a problem, only have what I have but you can try and look, we can chat about boards and bring your shaped one too...

bumfluff
Owl status

Post by bumfluff » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:42 am

Count me in... :P

jimmy
Snowy McAllister

Post by jimmy » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:24 am

TrevG wrote:
jimmy1501 wrote:
You'd be welcome too Jummy.
Come on up.

PS I'll be there Mark.
Would love to Trev but I'll be in San Diego then..
Hatchnam wrote:
How about tame down the scatter gun must consecutively post on every thread behaviour you compulsive mongoloid.
swvic wrote:

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:14 am

bastard. i love SD.
managed to get 4 foot barrels and 20cms of powder snow within 24 hours there a couple of years back.

jimmy
Snowy McAllister

Post by jimmy » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:26 am

alakaboo wrote:bastard. i love SD.
managed to get 4 foot barrels and 20cms of powder snow within 24 hours there a couple of years back.
Boo,

Will I need a 4/3 in late Jan/early Feb? Never been there before so know fcuk all about it..
Hatchnam wrote:
swvic wrote:

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:54 am

yep. a good one.
most people will be in booties too. it'll be about 14-15 degrees, but can be as cold as 12 if you're really unlucky.

sorry for the hijack Mark...we'll take it out of here...
send me a PM with questions if you like Jimmy.

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:51 pm

nice style 8)

i'm in...unless workin :cry: ...or finished work early that morning :oops: ( i could do soooooooooo much more if i didn't have sleep :cry: :cry: :cry: )

or ...my family sooks it and wants me spend time with them....hang on...actually :idea:

this will be a fully family friendly meet up :?:

i could just bring em along :idea: :idea: :idea:
invasion day hey

suxs be white :twisted:
reginald wrote:Hang on, now all of a sudden I'm the bad guy. How the try again did that happen?