board testing day on Sunny Coast

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

pridmore
Owl status

Re: board testing day on Sunny Coast

Post by pridmore » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:42 am

and there's swings and a park for the kiddies....

bumfluff
Owl status

Post by bumfluff » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:52 am

I'm gonna have to can it, I promised my young fella I'd take him out for the day on Saturday but it's had to be moved to Sunday...

Next time.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:36 pm

planning another one and its looking like probably being on Sept 17th , will confirm that asap...
should have a good variety of shapes again, some weird and wonderful things to try out...
Will be at Alex this time
should have my crazy dimple bottom done by then too....hopefully.... 8)

gibber
Local

Post by gibber » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:22 pm

Is that a saturday or a sunday?
I work saturdays so would be good if it was a sunday (hint hint)

smallhouse
Grommet

Post by smallhouse » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:58 pm

Mark,
Keen to show up if it's saturday.
Love to try the dimsim.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:03 pm

yep, its Sat, and there'll be 3 dim-SIMs to try, my 5'3", a 5'2" and a big bad boy 5'10".....
there'll also be a 'Double-D' , and my GBTwinzer, as well as some lessfin creations ( they arent finless but they have less fin ) :roll: there'll even be a few high-perf mals there as well as a mixed bag of some other alternative shapes....

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:36 pm

I should be able to make it Mark.

Try to arrange some decent surf please. :wink:
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:44 pm

already put my order in mate, the Bluff is just a short paddle and I'll make sure there's a few mals there for ya mate.....maybe bring the swinger 8'8" too.....and the 5'10" x 22 1/4 x 3" dim-SIM that'll be fun for you to try....

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:09 pm

Yeah mate. I'll bring the swinger along.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

diggerdickson
barnacle

Post by diggerdickson » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:01 am

I really hope to make it mark, ive been heaps busy of late and it would to see what a beach looks like again
no, Im not a surfer, Im just a garbage man".

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:24 am

Hey Mark, I've got a few mates that might be interested. Any chance you can provide some more info (dimensions, maybe even pics) on all the boards you'll have on offer there to test ride, please?

What time would you be kicking off proceedings?

Unfortunately the long range charts are looking woeful mate!!! :(

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:22 am

thats ok coz its better to test the boards in the conditions we do get alot in, anyway, whetever it is, I should have a few boards to suit....and even if it is unsurafble, still can catch up, look at and talk boards....I cant post pics and info on all boards, any ideas roughly what they might be keen to try ? I'll get some pics and a bit of a list up soon...but ya know, sometimes dims can be decieving especially with so many different designs, some people dont belive they can ride a 5'3", or even a 5'6" but really depends on the design and if people turn up, I can suggest a board that will suit them and if there's waves, they just might have some fun, or at least learn something which may lead them towards getting boards that may be more fun, or at least give them a taste of some different stuff..... 8)

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:17 pm

trev....if u do go dont let anyone touch my gun ok,,,,dont take it

is tiger sharing any his poxys :?: ....i quite like the look them far i can tell on the net 8)
Last edited by mustkillmulloway on Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
reginald wrote:Hang on, now all of a sudden I'm the bad guy. How the try again did that happen?

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:23 pm

Hey Mark,
Can you givesom edirections as to where we'll find you?
I'm guessing you'll be a bit north of the main crowd.
Beanpole

Skipper

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:31 pm

ah, it'll depend on wind and swell but planning to set up at Alex lefts, which is between the corner and the surf club at Alex...but if its too small to surf at Alex, then maybe we could move north to Sharks ( near the skate ramp...I'll know on Friday night and will post the venue...but should have a small marquee so it'll be easy to see.... 8)

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:11 pm

Mark, the forecast is looking woeful, big time!!!! You sure you don't want to postpone it?

I can't even see a wave (1ft) on the latest forecast.....might be some left over weak 1ft NE windswell at best.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:16 pm

nah , its on mate...woeful or not...at least the boards will be tested in the waves we get alot of...( even though it hasnt been bad around here lately...) worse case scenario is a get together and talk boards and have a grovel...or try a less fin board, will have a few mlas there too if its that small...
and I have arranged a large amount of really hot girls in g-bangers to wax up the boards and put sunscreen on us all....

:roll:

crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand

Post by crabmeat thompson » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:34 pm

pridmore wrote:nah , its on mate...woeful or not...at least the boards will be tested in the waves we get alot of...( even though it hasnt been bad around here lately...) worse case scenario is a get together and talk boards and have a grovel...or try a less fin board, will have a few mlas there too if its that small...
and I have arranged a large amount of really hot girls in g-bangers to wax up the boards and put sunscreen on us all....

:roll:
I wish I lived on the Sunny Coast Prids ... I'd be there for shizzle. Me and the wife were checking out some places around Buderim and Currimundi on the net. We ended up on the south goldy at Cabarita.

Maybe one day, huh?
Kunji wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 8:09 am
Would you mind throwing in a little more homoeroticism