localism livesl

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

diggerdickson
barnacle

Re: localism livesl

Post by diggerdickson » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:35 pm

Cuttlefish wrote:Hi Digger,
Can I come surf Ti-tree with you Thursday so you can regulate the unruly rabble out there for me? :D
I'm too mellow for hassling.

I actually dont hassle, im a very mellow surfer, just ask fong or trev, I will actually hunt down a peak for myself or sit wide and hope for someone to not make a take off and I pick it up or pick up the crappy wide ones. I hate hassling.

Ive discovered if surfing noosa allow myself a good 4 hour session and get a few good waves and enjoy them, I dont come away dissapionted then.

When it comes to beach breaks Ive got a few spots in mind that dont have crowds, just the wind aint right for them at the moment
no, Im not a surfer, Im just a garbage man".

Yuke Hunt
Duke Status

Post by Yuke Hunt » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:03 pm

P-O-S-T-F-U ... yeah ... POSTFU
Postfu if you aint part of the chosen foo
Fu-Foo-Fools-n-Tools ... blind sheep
Blow-ins ... not me ... not ewe
Baa-baa-ba-ban-the-kooks
I'm a yokel ... a vocal yokel
Small minded-n-largely parochial
Totally and socially inept ... with little concept
Yet ... doe-eyed and totally ...
In-debt to an upbringing of small minded fools
Hip-hip-w-hore-aye ...

Pics Or Shut The Fcuk Up
The moving finger writes and having writ moves on ... now all thy piety nor wit shall lure it back to cancel even half a line ... nor all thy tears wash out a single word of it.

jimmy
Snowy McAllister

Post by jimmy » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:10 pm

Good work Womble..
Hatchnam wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:13 pm
How about tame down the scatter gun must consecutively post on every thread behaviour you compulsive mongoloid.
swvic wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:54 pm
Actually, that’s interesting. Take note, beanpole

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:33 am

mustkillmulloway wrote:ohh, whoops :roll: :arrow:

Image:
In all honesty, there is very little localism at Maroubra these days.

I haven't seen any for years now.

The whole Bra boy bad boy thing has really moved on. Not that they aren't there, but the more influential have grown up and I really don't see much of the old vibe out in the water anymore.

20 years ago it was palpable, you could cut the air with a knife for all the tension out in the water.

It's a bit of a softies beach these days, that's why I go there.
Lucky Al wrote:You could call your elbows borogoves, and your knees bandersnatches, and go whiffling through the tulgey woods north of narrabeen, burbling as you came.

Cpt.Caveman
barnacle

Post by Cpt.Caveman » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:42 am

loofy wrote:
mustkillmulloway wrote:
Ringmaster wrote:
How many of you blokes have conveniently forgotten extended trips you've done in Oz and around the world living in cars :?:

living in cars isn't one my better memorys i care recall...but fair call

no one begrudges someone sleepin ruff ringy...but how it works is they scout, and if they find a place thats nice and with a bit a bank, they jump on the mobile and network

than u walk down u local and instead one chilled out couple

u got 60 :!:

and thats EXACTLY how it works

also local poltics see backpackers taking local kids jobs for half the wages and paying no tax, all cash

it doesn't sort leave the local kids and parents....with a soft spot for them

can u blame em :idea:
Wow, no disrespect but thats one of the gayest things I have read - A couple of dishwashing jobs went to a pair of backpackers....lets start a lynch mob??? :roll:

what about the billions $$ they spend and produce with the sh*t work they do that no one else wants like picking mangoes in 45 degree heat in the middle of nowhere. Sure enough they can be a pain but to sympathise with having their tyres slashed and windscreens waxed purely just for being there is just laughable.

Honestly, people live in paradise and need to invent these bullsh *t little scenarios to give themselves something to be angry about.
How about the UK working visa surfers who get paid a silly amount of money from the government to cover living costs?!?! They honestly get PAID, yes PAID, by our government to make up for the skills shortage we have here. My mate was here with his wife and saved enough money while working here to go back to the UK and start his own gym...He didn't surf and snake everyone luckily, because that would have been the last draw! :)
Davros wrote:Ego saved - surfing experience rubbish.

sir_fur71
regular

Post by sir_fur71 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:28 am

Funny how surfers are some of the most nomadic people in the world yet localism is such a big issue..

We all love surfing different waves in differnt locations. Maybe in an ideal world we would all just realise we are all after the same stoke and just respect each other...

HUGS ALL ROUND :lol:

Kunji
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Kunji » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:41 am

Beware: Noosa locals

Ahhh, QLD. :lol:
------------
BA (on Realsurf) wrote: It's the wild west with a bit more homo-eroticism.

FishStick
Local

Post by FishStick » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:54 pm

diggerdickson wrote:I actually dont hassle, im a very mellow surfer, just ask fong or trev, I will actually hunt down a peak for myself or sit wide and hope for someone to not make a take off and I pick it up or pick up the crappy wide ones. I hate hassling.
That's what bothers me most about crowds is you can't relax and take it easy cause you'll get nothing.

After you've been dealing with dick heads all day at work and dick heads in Sydney traffic on the way home, you go for a late arvo surf to relax and it's the same shit again in the water.

Playing mind games with the crowd, hassling for position, moving to another bank on your own and in a blink of an eye you've got a fan club.
The wave at Curl Curl is so good they had to name it twice :mrgreen:

monkey
regular

Post by monkey » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:12 pm

"A local is just a dirtbag who doesn't travel" (Owl Chapman).
Respect is generally a two-way street, show it and get it. That being said, you cant stop people being
fkwits, especially at somewhere like Noosa. I've been going up there since 1982 and had only a few run-ins with people.
Main problem in the water is greed. I remember one great afternoon at Ti Tree with about 5 blokes midweek and a swell of 3-4' but super inconsistent, 15 minute lulls and only about 3 waves to a set. One bloke on some longer equipment would paddle around the corner and take off, kick out just after the rock and then try to jag the wider second or third wave as well!! Thing was, he was a nice bloke, full of chat and smiles, but completely oblivious to the fact that he was robbing everyone else blind. Everyone out there were competent surfers.After half an hour of this, he even attempted to drop in on me through the middle section on one wave. I screamed at him and he looked genuinely shocked.
"Gotta get 'em while you can" he said with a grin.
After that, I made it my mission to get in his way, paddle him deeper and generally be a nuisance. It ruined my surf by I saw it as my responsibility to try and teach him a lesson.
I saw him later in the carpark climbing into a big fourwheel drive and slowly packing up and backing out while some poor bloke sat there waiting for the spot...Blissful ignorance

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:57 pm

some cnut wrote:There are only two real problems that we face in life, knowing what we want but being unable to know how to get it and/or not knowing what we want
It's possible to hate the filthy world and still love it with an abstract pitying love

Karlos
Snowy McAllister

Post by Karlos » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:59 pm

mustkillmulloway wrote:ohh, whoops :roll: :arrow:

Image:
Where was the third Abberton when this pic was shot, still in jail? And who's the ring-in on the left?

jimmy
Snowy McAllister

Post by jimmy » Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:18 pm

Jai was up the cross scoring some smack apparently..
Hatchnam wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:13 pm
How about tame down the scatter gun must consecutively post on every thread behaviour you compulsive mongoloid.
swvic wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:54 pm
Actually, that’s interesting. Take note, beanpole

Kunji
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Kunji » Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:27 pm

Hatchman wrote:Image
:lol:

Brings up a good question, though. How long do you have to live at a place to claim it your local? 6 months according to Fong.
------------

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:04 pm

Fong's been here close to three years now.
As far as I'm concerned you can be a local afer a few days (although I prefer the term "regular", because it doen't really matter how far you travel to a surf spot).
It's much more important that you respect the place, respect the line-up, respect other surfers and actually contribute to a good vibe.
If enough people do that, you will push out the radicals.
Oh! And by the way. Fong pretty much fits the "true local" definition, too.
You guys can make all the fun you like about SE Qld surfers. Whatever turns you on. But there aren't too many of you who haven't complained bitterly about crowding and its ills in your own areas at some stage on here.
FWIW. Digger, I understand your rage concerning damage to property. There aren't too many of us who can afford to go out and replace slashed tyres, repair dints etc on our hard earned property. And backpackers/ irresponsible visitors who leave their trash around a spot REALLY give me the shits.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

huie
Local

Post by huie » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:48 pm

good on you trev
i granted fong a sunrise local sometime back
lets just say he is taking my place f@@@ck the backpackers
but the groms should take a backseat no point in them geting out off hand :shock:

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:18 pm

There's only 1 spot I'd consider myself a local, and it's about 2000kms from where I live.
Haven't surfed there for over 2 years. Maybe in February....

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:37 am

Coops@DY wrote:

Brings up a good question, though. How long do you have to live at a place to claim it your local? 6 months according to Fong.

^ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ...u keep coops :!: bastard :mrgreen:

some on here say your only a local if u standup and not gutsled....but lets not start that shit...again :lol:
reginald wrote:Hang on, now all of a sudden I'm the bad guy. How the try again did that happen?

Kunji
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Kunji » Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:05 pm

mustkillmulloway wrote:
Coops@DY wrote:

^ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ...u keep coops :!: bastard :mrgreen:

some on here say your only a local if u standup and not gutsled....but lets not start that shit...again :lol:
haha, let the kooks think what they want. But really, you'll always be a new south welshman to me.
------------