BEST OF 2010

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

bintang

BEST OF 2010

Post by bintang » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:00 am

Listen up ya feckn drongos, tell us your stories. I wanna know about ya sickest sessions of the year, the more exotic the better. For mine, p-pass in Feb was the trip of my life. Cloudbreak and Restaraunts on massive monday will take some time to erase from the scone, no doubt. Hook in

Kunji
Huey's Right Hand

Re: BEST OF 2010

Post by Kunji » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:49 am

Would have loved to go to P-Pass. We were going to go but it fell through with people bailing out, opting to go to music festivals instead. What was the wind like in feb? Trades still blowing hard? Was it crowded?

My best trip would be just down to the south coast surfing some sick reefs with no one out except a dolphin pod. Big man hugs on the rocks after each session. People pay $1000's and travel 1000's of k's across the ocean to get waves like we did.
------------
BA (on Realsurf) wrote: It's the wild west with a bit more homo-eroticism.

bintang

Post by bintang » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:41 pm

Yeah trades were up for the whole time (late jan early feb) but it's only the take-off that's side-shore, once she starts to wrap....farrrk. Crowds not an issue, swell can be. Get there.

Was crook for 3 months after drinking sakau from the locals. Would do it all again tommorrow

Nothing better than scoring close to home though. Anzac day this year near Forster one such occasion.

channels
Snowy McAllister

Post by channels » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:57 pm

Before the wife was due to give birth, we headed up to Noosa for a week for rest and relaxation which coincidentally coincided with Cyclone Ului turning up. Stayed in a place in Little Cove so didn't have to deal with parking, wandered down for an early for a few hours, breakfast and relax, another surf around late morning until lunch. More food and relaxing and then a late session until the sunset followed up with evening beers. Repeat for 6 days!

Crowds were horrendous but still managed to get more than enough waves every day but after that much surfing for a week, the shoulder and knee were starting to pack it in.

Not as exotic as P-Pass or as much solitude as the far south coast but still my surfing highlight for the year!

daryl
Huey's Right Hand

Post by daryl » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:03 pm

Coops@DY wrote:Would have loved to go to P-Pass. We were going to go but it fell through with people bailing out, opting to go to music festivals instead. What was the wind like in feb? Trades still blowing hard? Was it crowded?

My best trip would be just down to the south coast surfing some sick reefs with no one out except a dolphin pod. Big man hugs on the rocks after each session. People pay $1000's and travel 1000's of k's across the ocean to get waves like we did.
Fcuk off mate. I never talk about any breaks. Everyone mentions the south coast and have been since the 90's, way before you even knew about surfing. Everyone knows there is surf down there. Why don't you go nuts on Swellnet or Coastalwatch for actually naming and showing photos of the spots? Pull your head out of your ****.
Big MOUTH

Kunji
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Kunji » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:48 pm

bintang wrote:Yeah trades were up for the whole time (late jan early feb) but it's only the take-off that's side-shore, once she starts to wrap....farrrk. Crowds not an issue, swell can be. Get there.

Was crook for 3 months after drinking sakau from the locals. Would do it all again tommorrow

Nothing better than scoring close to home though. Anzac day this year near Forster one such occasion.
Ahh man, hell jealous. Looked like a bugger to get to. Syd > Cairns > Guam > p-pass. And all done on Continental Air. But looks the goods. People say it's the best right in the world! Holds the big stuff as well.
------------

Kunji
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Kunji » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:51 pm

daryl wrote:
Coops@DY wrote:Would have loved to go to P-Pass. We were going to go but it fell through with people bailing out, opting to go to music festivals instead. What was the wind like in feb? Trades still blowing hard? Was it crowded?

Fcuk off mate. I never talk about any breaks. Everyone mentions the south coast and have been since the 90's, way before you even knew about surfing. Everyone knows there is surf down there. Why don't you go nuts on Swellnet or Coastalwatch for actually naming and showing photos of the spots? Pull your head out of your ****.
Big MOUTH
------------

daryl
Huey's Right Hand

Post by daryl » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:55 pm

^
This is a NAMING thread, rack off Noddy :evil: