Trestles ryhmes with Nestles.

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Trestles ryhmes with Nestles.

Post by steve shearer » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:23 pm

Oh no, not more heats on demand fcukery.

Could someone please watch the Dane/Andino Rnd 2 heat and tell me I'm not alone in thinking that no, that just doens't cut it as professional Sports coverage.
sweet weeping jesus, when will these cnuts get it right.
Surely, it can't be that hard? I mean Rugby League can do it : if someone shits in a shoe it'll be covered from all angles.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

mical
barnacle

Re: Trestles ryhmes with Nestles.

Post by mical » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:40 pm

Until the ASP takes the coverage rights by the balls I don't think it'll ever change Steve.

I still shake my head in amazement at what they currently do with them.

Haz
barnacle

Post by Haz » Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:30 pm

Am I the only one whose heats on demands look like this? :?
wtf.jpg

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:52 pm

Well, considering the hype surrounding such a positive looking surf forecast for this event, I have to say that Rd 1 and half of Rd 2 surf was shit. Fat mush burgers with feck all power.

Quangers
Local

Post by Quangers » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:34 pm

beachbanga wrote:Am I the only one whose heats on demands look like this? :?
wtf.jpg
Fcukin A. What is that?
So far it is on par with the Brazzo event in terms of coverage.

jimmy
Snowy McAllister

Post by jimmy » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:11 pm

Gent's.. Can't be farked going into it.. But can be fixed easily.. PM me and I will sort it out for you.. Banga you still got my number? If so give me a call..

I cant however fix the shit quality of the content..
Hatchnam wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:13 pm
How about tame down the scatter gun must consecutively post on every thread behaviour you compulsive mongoloid.
swvic wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:54 pm
Actually, that’s interesting. Take note, beanpole

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:22 pm

How the feck did Dane score a 9+ ride after falling off after 3 moves? yeah sure the first move was something special, but come on Judges, that wasn't a 9+ ride. Even Dane says he can't believe he scored a 9 for it.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:49 pm

I saw the highlights on Fuel and I dunno what score Dane got but all I know is that he did one turn that has to be the most comitted and critical turn I think I have ever seen...and to be honest , I reckon that turn alone was worth an 8.....maybe they should just score individual moves and the highest scoring move on each wave is the score that counts....might get rid of the average half assed turns and encourage more of what Dane is doing......dunno what scores anyone got, just know who seemed to be surfing the best in my opinion...Owen was killing it too, some bottom turn backhand lip demolition combos were all time.....

gibber
Local

Post by gibber » Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:14 pm

Sorry pridmore but i disagree...
Scoring a wave by one of the moves done on that wave will ensure more of the half hearted turns used to set up big scoring turns. The scoring should reflect the ability to transition from one committed turn to the next and they should lose points when little check turns or double pumping turns are performed. the whole package should be epic not just a wave pumped all the way till a ramp secco comes up or a long float section rears its head.
my 2c

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:59 am

yeah, understand, it wasnt a really well thought out comment or belief, kinda just came out as I typed but was just so blown away by the committment of that turn, I'd like to see that from others who seem to hold back so they can make the turn for sure , then they get the chance to hold back again in their next turn and get a decent score whereas some guys are totally committed and giving it all in nearly every turn andreally taking it to another level, which is the what the elite should be doing....but in saying that, I agree they should be linking decent turns togtether with flow and style, guess thats why there is different approaches to riding waves , we all have different opinions....but no matter what, Danes turn was massive...anyone know a better single turn from memory ??? Danes turn against Parko at this years Quikky Pro ??? I think the trestles one is better but would like to see them both one after the other.....its almost enough to make me wanna put fins in my board or even jump back on a HPS for a while :shock: :roll: 8) :lol:

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:16 am

Slater burnt a bridge in his ruthless priority move on Fanning: he knew a depleted Reynolds would offer an unmatched opportunity to outsurf one of the Mod Coll in prime performance surf giving Old Baldy a crushing claim for title legitimacy.

He knew this.
It's immaterial whether he beats Bede or not now, Dane self destructed again.
Slater's work is done.

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:28 am

Fcuk that was a good Final.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:55 am

bugger, didnt see it live but got the highlights replay, never quite the same...what was KS talking about when he thanked Davo 4 something ?

rightbrainpositive
Local

Post by rightbrainpositive » Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:45 am

pridmore wrote:bugger, didnt see it live but got the highlights replay, never quite the same...what was KS talking about when he thanked Davo 4 something ?
Davo didn't turn up for a heat against Kelly in the quarters. Real shame he went walkabout because he was killing it in previous heats.

I think Kelly is going to get his 10. Amazing...

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:28 am

Can anyone explain what went down between Fanning and Slater? Fanning seemed pretty bummed by it, but trying to work it out from Sunday night news coverage was a waste of time.
Lucky Al wrote:You could call your elbows borogoves, and your knees bandersnatches, and go whiffling through the tulgey woods north of narrabeen, burbling as you came.

TMC
Harry the Hat

Post by TMC » Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:21 pm

I don;t know if it's just me, but does anyone else find Owen Wrights waves in this Video amazing?

I will grant you the cutty was very limp wristed, but the fact he is trying those sorts of airs in quarters seems pretty ridiculous, and the last turn wasn't too soft either...
Coops@DY wrote:Tangents is a members only, wild west style frontier. People have lost their minds, cried, threatened to kill other members in here Its great!

rightbrainpositive
Local

Post by rightbrainpositive » Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:27 pm

oldman wrote:Can anyone explain what went down between Fanning and Slater? Fanning seemed pretty bummed by it, but trying to work it out from Sunday night news coverage was a waste of time.
Good explanation in the 'full story' featured on Surfline:
http://www.surfline.com/surf-news/kelly ... ngs_47782/

bumfluff
Owl status

Post by bumfluff » Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:29 pm

TMC wrote:I don;t know if it's just me, but does anyone else find Owen Wrights waves in this Video amazing?

I will grant you the cutty was very limp wristed, but the fact he is trying those sorts of airs in quarters seems pretty ridiculous, and the last turn wasn't too soft either...
Its not just you. Owen Wright is gonna be the next big thing in surfing in my humble opinion. He's young, hes got time on his side, he can do airs as good, if not better than anyone else which is what the judges want to see these days and his turns are sick. He's got the right attitude, good support and I reckon this kids gonna tear the ASP apart.