Ask Carroll

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Davros
Snowy McAllister

Re: Ask Carroll

Post by Davros » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:09 pm

thats a real interesting comment "what women hood owes you". A women only owes her children. End of story. We, men, aren't creditors in any way shape or form.

rmb
barnacle

Post by rmb » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:21 pm

So what/who does a man owe?

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:44 pm

i'll tell you what I don't owe you, is any further explanation, elucidation or really anything more about this subject.

Davros
Snowy McAllister

Post by Davros » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:05 pm

Fair enough.

rmb
barnacle

Post by rmb » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:14 pm

Nick Carroll wrote:i'll tell you what I don't owe you, is any further explanation, elucidation or really anything more about this subject.
Don't know if you misinterpreted the context of the question Nick? It wasn't aimed to be directed towards your own personal story rather Davros's comment following that.
Davros wrote:thats a real interesting comment "what women hood owes you". A women only owes her children. End of story. We, men, aren't creditors in any way shape or form.

Jorgo
Local

Post by Jorgo » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:24 pm

That's a very open, brave and honest piece earlier on Mr Carroll. I often wondered over the previous years whenever the subject was broached in any forum by other members, why/that your opinion was so strident - and short for a man of your wordsmithing capability. Perhaps you've solved that now if it needed solving.
Indeed No further explanation req'd

Davros
Snowy McAllister

Post by Davros » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:38 pm

For fuck sake it wasn't a commentary on Nicks experience I thought the statement was very thought provoking and God forbid got me reconciling my own experiences. The writer without intention helped me pick open a gangrenous scab. No offence meant to anyone.

diggerdickson
barnacle

Post by diggerdickson » Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:43 pm

Nick
Do you have a preference for how far up the board you like your clinkers to go....
no, Im not a surfer, Im just a garbage man".

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:37 am

Ah I don't know really. AB had a ratio of some sort figured out. Not as long as say Phil Myers or Jim Pollard. I think it's more about fitting them into the other aspects of the board, mainly the rocker.

Natho
barnacle

Post by Natho » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:30 am

"A women only owes her children. End of story".

Well you can shove that statement right up your a$$ Davros.
My wife owes me plenty:

- An explanation on why she walked out on our marriage with no warning or discussion and did it over the phone when I asked when she was coming back.
- An explanation on why she used her father to go me for money within 2 days without any discussion or thought to custody and the future of our son.
- An explanation on why she was seen with another bloke in the weeks leading up to her walking.
- An explanation of why when I organised a meeting to discuss our sons future she sent her father to hit me up for how much money he could take instead.
- Valuable time with my son which to date she has denied me of.
- An explanation why as soon as I was diagnosed and started treatment for a bought of depression she turned her back on me straight away and offered zero support.

What she does also owe our child is the right to spend valuable time with his Dad as much as possible.

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:37 am

gardie wrote:Thanks Nick

I was getting the same thing for the Rio Billabong pro so even with a naming sponsor they were still putting up a blank screen while I assume the US and Brazilian ads ran as well as any pay TV feed

So I assumed it wasnt worth the effort for the aussie market or as some one suggested maybe its not worth playing a bong bikini ad to a grumpy old prick like me
So just back on this again

As well as doing the webcast, they're sending live feeds to a couple of different cable channels - those wave-replay gaps are providing extra airtime for those cable people to run their own ads.

Yuke Hunt
Duke Status

Post by Yuke Hunt » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:55 am

diggerdickson wrote:Nick
Do you have a preference for how far up the board you like your clinkers to go....
I'd like to think that Mr Carroll keeps his "clinkers" tucked away discreetly in his tight yellow board shorts.
The moving finger writes and having writ moves on ... now all thy piety nor wit shall lure it back to cancel even half a line ... nor all thy tears wash out a single word of it.

Hollowed out
regular

Post by Hollowed out » Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:10 pm

I think we all would hope thats the case Womble, but alas many a Newport grom could tell a very different story

diggerdickson
barnacle

Post by diggerdickson » Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:26 pm

Womble wrote:
diggerdickson wrote:Nick
I'd like to think that Mr Carroll keeps his "clinkers" tucked away discreetly in his tight yellow board shorts.

Bahahahaha
no, Im not a surfer, Im just a garbage man".

Mr Percival
Local

Post by Mr Percival » Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:30 pm

Natho, have a look into mediation if you haven't yet. It's easy to organise and works towards finding common ground (and sense) between parties for doing what's best and right for the kid. The goal is a parenting plan without going through the courts. Happy to dig up the info and contact details for the Sydney based services if you need/want it.

Drailed
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Drailed » Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:49 pm

Hey Nick, are you set up as Pty Ltd and if so do you do your own quarterly BAS statements or do you outsource?
Trev wrote:I have always had a lot of time for Dick
smnmntll wrote:Got one in the mouth once, that was pretty memorable

brendo
barnacle

Post by brendo » Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:54 pm

Drailed wrote:Hey Nick, are you set up as Pty Ltd and if so do you do your own quarterly BAS statements or do you outsource?

sole traders still have to do em as well

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:12 pm

Ummm yep I am and I do them myself, my business is very simple and it doesn't require intricate bookwork. I always put it off as long as I can but also always take an odd pleasure in doing it, this worries me in a way, am I really an accountant? Did I miss my true calling? what a shame if so.

Perhaps the pleasure I take in it is a bit more disturbing -- perhaps it is the pleasure of a natural conformist finding his little niche in the exercising of a small bureaucratic necessity.