Ask Carroll

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Re: Ask Carroll

Post by Nick Carroll » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:40 am

kreepykrawly wrote:I just realized something...perhaps im the ignorant one..
To be honest kk I think you're the frightened one.

kreepykrawly
Owl status

Post by kreepykrawly » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:01 am

:shock:

andy2476
Owl status

Post by andy2476 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:38 am

kreepykrawly wrote:"In contrast to ancient Spartan doctrines the love you have for your brother leaves you vunerable to emotional exploitation". KK circa 2007

Personally im not a big fan of ''anonymity'... I find however when I do meet people face to face they usualy feel threatened...so anonymity usualy works in their favour....

Come off it. The only thing you'd threaten is their lunch, you ****
Drailed wrote:
#goteamiggy

kreepykrawly
Owl status

Post by kreepykrawly » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:58 am

:shock:

daryl
Huey's Right Hand

Post by daryl » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:24 am

Nick, whose is that little voice in my head who says, I don't wanna rock off?

Surfnsmurf
Local

Post by Surfnsmurf » Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:57 pm

andy2476 wrote:
kreepykrawly wrote:"In contrast to ancient Spartan doctrines the love you have for your brother leaves you vunerable to emotional exploitation". KK circa 2007

Personally im not a big fan of ''anonymity'... I find however when I do meet people face to face they usualy feel threatened...so anonymity usualy works in their favour....

Come off it. The only thing you'd threaten is their lunch, you fat dammit
cmon tard g do some moderating
andy2476 wrote:If I ever renovate our bathroom. I'm gonna put in a little step thing for shaving my legs
beerfan wrote:like today tonight, same episode over and over and no one watching. *turns up volume*

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:47 pm

Surfnsmurf wrote:
andy2476 wrote:

Come off it. The only thing you'd threaten is their lunch, you fat dammit
cmon tard g do some moderating
Mate, I'd have killed it off ages ago, but I have immense respect for Nick and what he posts on this site. My respect went up immensely when I read "TC".
For both brothers.
Nick has already put one poster in his place, in doing so, he demostrated maturity and common sense.
Now, as KK raises his odd head, there are already peer comments in Nick's favour.

The previous poster who sought to play on the issue came back with a half arsed apology which wasn't worth the time spent typing it. KK is no better.
A couple of points here.
Firstly, I don't, can't and won't monitor the site all day. If I feel something needs moderating, I'll do so.
Secondly, given that Nick has brought this subject out into the open, I'm happy to be guided by him as to the level of moderation required. I will happily troll back through the whole thread and pull any unworthy posts. But Nick is, IMHO, more than capable of standing up for himself and has done pretty well up to this point.

So, I'm as uncomfortable as others on here with pricks who think they need to make snide comments about another person's problems.
On top of that, I feel that Nick's contributions here over the years have been a highlight of Realsurf and hope he continues indefinitely.

I didn't mean to write this much when I started this post. Sorry for the rambling. Just trying to put down some thoughts as they occur to me.

KK. Pull your head in.
Seriously.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

daryl
Huey's Right Hand

Post by daryl » Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:31 pm

thought fatty smurf was complaining about reg <:

Surfnsmurf
Local

Post by Surfnsmurf » Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:37 pm

daryl wrote:thought fatty smurf was complaining about reg <:
exactly. kk's not the problem its that racist potty mouth andy. the clown should be banned.
andy2476 wrote:If I ever renovate our bathroom. I'm gonna put in a little step thing for shaving my legs
beerfan wrote:like today tonight, same episode over and over and no one watching. *turns up volume*

andy2476
Owl status

Post by andy2476 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:53 pm

Hi Tomtom
Drailed wrote:
#goteamiggy

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:25 pm

Womble was pretty different off piste trev.

I think a lot of people struggle with making good, you could go a long way to explaining a lot of modern social distress via that

Feels to me like kk is projecting a lot of personal issues in this case, he is Sth African by birth, and has often expressed a real fear of vulnerability which he tries to conceal beneath a seemingly cynical view of human behaviour.

Plus he is a goofy footer which explains so much

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:51 pm

Surfnsmurf wrote:
daryl wrote:thought fatty smurf was complaining about reg <:
exactly. kk's not the problem its that racist potty mouth andy. the clown should be banned.
OK.
Got it. :oops:
I get confused with the 2 threads. One in GSD and one in Tangents.
Overlooked the fact that reg's post was in GSD.
Fixed.
And Reggie, pay attenion to where you're posting. :(
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

kreepykrawly
Owl status

Post by kreepykrawly » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:58 pm

Trev wrote:
KK. Pull your head in.
Seriously.
Seriously did you actually read anything I wrote...I seriously made some seriously valid posts..most of what I wrote is not new and has previously been well documented. You seriously cant be that ignorant ????!!!
If you would just stop brown noseing Nick for one second you'd see that what I'd said had some merit.
You remind of those 1970's style South African politicians who used to censor any anti apartheid journalists that used to critisize them.

BTW...Nick heard my brother and father in law went around to Toms house a few days ago....very dissapointed Tom didnt give me a Chrissie present... I might get Jamie Ballard to do another rear naked neck choke on him. :lol:

P.S you should stick to journalism your profiling ability is waaaay off the mark...not even my own shrink can figure me out..the word used to describe me was 'anomaly'

Anyways im catching up with Tony Abbott soon...need me to pass on anything to him for you.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:04 pm

kreepykrawly wrote:
Trev wrote:
KK. Pull your head in.
Seriously.
Seriously did you actually read anything I wrote...I seriously made some seriously valid posts..most of what I wrote is not new and has previously been well documented. You seriously cant be that ignorant ????!!!
If you would just stop brown noseing Nick for one second you'd see that what I'd said had some merit.
You remind of those 1970's style South African politicians who used to censor any anti apartheid journalists that used to critisize them.
It was this comment which I felt was out of line......... " Anyways I knows how some people deal with demons.... "
Beanpole

Skipper

kreepykrawly
Owl status

Post by kreepykrawly » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:00 pm

Common Trev you're smarter than that...it was tongue in cheek. In the context of what I was saying...the demons I was refering to was the guilt he was feeling for not competing in South Africa.
A cynical joke.

collnarra

Post by collnarra » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:17 pm

kreepykrawly wrote:Common Trev you're smarter than that...it was tongue in cheek. In the context of what I was saying...the demons I was refering to was the guilt he was feeling for not competing in South Africa.
A cynical joke.

were you at the preso yesterday, KK? I was, on and off. You shoulda come introduced yourself.
the tools of the trade are the head and the heart - mission of burma

mrleed

Post by mrleed » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:14 am

Nick

Can you tell me what your take is on this board? I really would like to find out how the bottom contours will affect the ride.

http://cdn2.theinertia.com/wp-content/u ... 14x400.jpg

Btw, if anyone knows how to embed the image, it would be greatly appreciated.

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:32 am

What can I tell ya. Haven't ridden it. I want one.