Looking for a Tow Partner

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

surfextreme

Looking for a Tow Partner

Post by surfextreme » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:07 am

Hi there....

I am sending this message out in hopes of finding a like-minded adrenalin junkie in the Northern Beaches of Sydney area.

I am interested in towing the "big wave" spots around here, when there are some bigger days out here, but currently I don't have access to a ski? Do you have a ski and no-one to partner with?????

I am South African and have been bred on the big waves of Cape Town, Outer Kom, Crayfish Factory, Sunset etc etc, and I am keen to get stuck in on the biggest waves Sydney can throw at me.

Anyone interested, PM me.

Alternatively, does anyone know of a good way to get your hands on a decent waverunner...without having to shell out $10000 in the process.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Chris

Squidlips
barnacle

Re: Looking for a Tow Partner

Post by Squidlips » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:27 pm

Chris,

There are a couple of trained ex navy dolphins going cheap at the base near Manly.
Just harness them up like a pair of huskies and your ready.
The guys at N Narrabeen have been doing this for years.
Not sure how they get them to chage direction, or to stop but Im sure theyl show you how if you ask nicely.

Ta

Squids

bumfluff
Owl status

Post by bumfluff » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:38 pm

surfextreme wrote:Hi there....

I am sending this message out in hopes of finding a like-minded adrenalin junkie in the Northern Beaches of Sydney area.

I am interested in towing the "big wave" spots around here, when there are some bigger days out here, but currently I don't have access to a ski? Do you have a ski and no-one to partner with?????

I am South African and have been bred on the big waves of Cape Town, Outer Kom, Crayfish Factory, Sunset etc etc, and I am keen to get stuck in on the biggest waves Sydney can throw at me.

Anyone interested, PM me.

Alternatively, does anyone know of a good way to get your hands on a decent waverunner...without having to shell out $10000 in the process.

Look forward to hearing from you.

STEVE

surfextreme

Post by surfextreme » Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:23 pm

ah excellent squids...appreciate the constructive advice.

Dolphins will be a far better alternative to those pesky, noisy, fuel guzzling skis, and more environmentally friendly too.

A few sardines will be far cheaper than a whole tank of fuel!

anymore gems of wisdom to bestow on me? All assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Chris

mical
barnacle

Post by mical » Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:46 pm

surfextreme wrote:All assistance will be greatly appreciated.
untitleda.JPG
untitleda.JPG (12.44 KiB) Viewed 5707 times

otway1949
barnacle

Post by otway1949 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:25 pm

Forget dolphins go with the power :lol: Fong certified.
seabreacher_x-243x300.jpg
Beyond a tiger in your tank
seabreacher_x-243x300.jpg (27.62 KiB) Viewed 5618 times
Jaffa, I'm opinionated, and I'm sometimes right. So?

Hano
Local

Post by Hano » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:03 am

I don’t know if he’s got a ski, but there’s a kahuna who frequents this forum who has the east coast absolutely wired. he may be able to help you with your endeavours.
his realsurf alias is ‘rockin ron’
good luck.

surfextreme

Post by surfextreme » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:20 am

Thanks Hano...I'll try get in touch with him.

Cheers

Chris

Cpt.Caveman
barnacle

Post by Cpt.Caveman » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:13 pm

Good luck mate. After talking to some tow-in regulars they don't sound too happy about more skis and more surfers buzzing around the line-up.

You'll need a mate first, then a tow partner second I can imagine...
Davros wrote:Ego saved - surfing experience rubbish.

surfextreme

Post by surfextreme » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:31 pm

thanks for the heads up. I am not too fussed about the " regular tow guys" being not too happy about " another ski" being in the water. That would be a tad bit hypocritical for them to say that. It's that, or them having to give way cuz I am trying to paddle it hahaha. All the bombies are miles out to see around here..hence why I wouldn't mind getting ski access.

No stress though, the post really just goes out to someone that possibly has a ski out there that they may not be using...or perhaps wants to get out there and tow and doesn't have a partner...whether that be in the larger surf in the Sydney area (very rare anyway) or even just doing tow outs on the smaller days.

Appreciate the input though...thanks!

bumfluff
Owl status

Post by bumfluff » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:58 pm

Surfextreme is KK

surfextreme

Post by surfextreme » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:49 am

I dare ask.....what is KK?

TMC
Harry the Hat

Post by TMC » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:09 pm

Hey SEx,

I've been looking around for a tow in partner for a while too. I have a fairly large disposable income and have been looking for a new challenge. There are a few photos around here demonstrating my prowess at DY, so check them out if you want references. KK is the manager of the north narrabeen retravision and has a penchant for buggery.

Regards
TMC
Coops@DY wrote:Tangents is a members only, wild west style frontier. People have lost their minds, cried, threatened to kill other members in here Its great!

Butts

Post by Butts » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:58 pm

bumfluff wrote:Surfextreme is KK
Nope, I can confirm he aint!!
KK is surfing in BROOME of all places at the moment :shock:

And TMC, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
All these drawings about dinosaurs… Why can’t we have photos?

surfextreme

Post by surfextreme » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:53 am

nuffink..if motor racing required two people to do it...then perhaps you would have a valid point hahah! You are right, I am being a bit presumptuous though!

However, Off road rally driving for example, where you require a driver and a navigator....can prove my request to be not all that outlandish. It is totally plausible that a driver may not have a navigator, and vice versa...hence...they would look for one.

The truth is mate.... I didn't expect to too much from this forum, I posted that request knowing that there would be a relative amount of abuse being hurled back at me...and to be honest if I had read it, and wasn't the author...then I would partake in the banter too. Realsurf is meant to be the main forum in australian surfing ( i may be wrong), and that would "probably" mean that there are a few people who surf that read the posts.....and in accordance with this....

My post goes out to someone that MAY have access to a ski...or is keen to get involved in a bit of ski powered surfing on the bigger days, and smaller days. Who knows, SOMEONE....MAY....fit the criteria and be keen. 99% probably wont happen...but it may....

You see Nuflink.....tow surfing by definition is a two person act. I am one person that wants to get involved...I currently don't know any others that are like minded...but that doesn't mean they don't exist.

Thanks

Chris

dingdongdead
Grommet

Post by dingdongdead » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:36 pm

Chris,

You're better off asking on websites like coastalwatch or swellnet. Also try gumtree for tow partners and board sales, you would be surprised how many surfers use it.

The next Manly/Bondi parking sticker I see on a car at Redsands is getting a diamond wax job on the front wind screen. Sydney surfers are THE worst blow ins and I find these unwelcoming comments to this guy really off putting. Stay on the Northern beaches if the tow spots are so 'epic'.
craig wrote:i saw a guy wearing a funny shirt the other day. it had on it:
QUIK RIP A BONG - ONLY A SHAREHOLDER KNOWS THE FEELING