Northern Beaches Parking Stickers

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

barstardos
charger

Northern Beaches Parking Stickers

Post by barstardos » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:08 am

Just got my rate notice and the evil Warringah Council is making us apply for our parking stickers, with rego numbers of cars specific to the stickers. Only one free sticker and the second is $50.

A pox on them and their kind!

How are we supposed to swap stickers with our friends in Manly and Pittwater for free range of the northern beaches

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Re: Northern Beaches Parking Stickers

Post by Trev » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:10 am

They're onto you. :lol:
Surprised it's taken so long.

But I agree. A pox on parking permits.
Free range I say.

Come one, come all (Westies). :P
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

Royboys
regular

Post by Royboys » Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:55 pm

Like Pittwater Council have enclosed a sticker for
my free 2hr parking ticket to be displayed with additional time to be purchased costing $20.00.

I spose 2hrs is enough for expiry unless you want
your loins lambasted by the solar ray's which the Cancer Council don't like.

Bronzer is safer but I don't want to look
like a carrot... I like the deep-heat of our sol for
my tan.

Spewin Ratpayer ! :?

kreepykrawly
Owl status

Post by kreepykrawly » Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:19 am

These councils can stick it up where the sun don’t shine. You pay your rates. They fix and maintain car parking areas with your rates. They then charge you to use these facilities.
Why ?
Cause these ar seholes need to replace your money that they have lost in numerous pointless court battles against the same people who pay their rates.

And don’t get me wrong….I’m not talking about your Liberace types who would be quite happy to pay $20000 dollars to get a “handy man” to nail a handfull of copper nails into a Australian native fig tree …so that his Pomeranian can have sweeping ocean views while it bathes in the sun.

These people don’t need court . they need to be shot with a nail gun. The irony anyway is that these people can afford to have the best legal council anyway.
So your poor to average farker gets scre wed from all sides.

eMpowered
Local

Post by eMpowered » Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:38 pm

Last year was hard, I am Pittwater and swap with a mate in Manly, Manly Council grilled him last year, Pittwater was fine. Hope I can get my Manly this year, Love driving down to the Bower when its on and parking in the carpark......

Spoon
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Spoon » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:32 pm

I reckon if you went into the next election promising a return to 2 parking stickers per household and a promise to revise the opening of sporting grounds on a Sunday after cancelling all sport on a Friday you would walk it in. I would also like to propose free beach parking Monday to Thursday to allow people to appreciate the coast without having to pay.
Al this is gold. "She didn't realise I was fairly high and spent much of the evening trying to figure out why a purple and orange cow wanted me to climb a tree."

moondoggie
regular

Post by moondoggie » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:22 pm

As Reported in the Manly Daily

Warringah Councils Budget includes raising $1 .3 MILL by parking fees on the beaches and by decreasing the parking stickers to locals they will meet their target of giving $4.0 MILL to Rugby League which includes the update of Brookvale Oval. Money for jam ehhh Rupert !

So next time you see a Penrith fan parking for free around BrooKvale remember YOU AS A SURFER ARE PAYING FOR IT.

8)
"I JUST SPENT 6 MONTHS BUYING LEAKY BOATS
2O MILLION BUYING BOATS
GLOBAL WARMINGS CRAP
SO BURNING 'EMS JUST ANOTHER 20 MILLION UP IN SMOKE"
Apologies to Tim Finn

longyfreshy
Grommet

Post by longyfreshy » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:42 pm

I was hoping I could ask someone to buy me a parking ticket for Warringah this year as I like to surf at Long reef and freshwater. Of course I would pay and add an extra few bucks for your trouble. Can you purchase more then one or are you limited?
I hope it is allowed to ask this on the forum?

GFM
Grommet

Post by GFM » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:40 am

longyfreshy wrote:I was hoping I could ask someone to buy me a parking ticket for Warringah this year as I like to surf at Long reef and freshwater. Of course I would pay and add an extra few bucks for your trouble. Can you purchase more then one or are you limited?
I hope it is allowed to ask this on the forum?
Or you could drive to Warringah council in Dee why and buy it direct:

http://www.warringah.nsw.gov.au/service ... rmits.aspx

longyfreshy
Grommet

Post by longyfreshy » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:00 pm

Thanks but I was hoping to pick up a sticker abit cheaper then the non resident price. :)