Just in case someone didn't get it yet . . . .

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Re: Just in case someone didn't get it yet . . . .

Post by Trev » Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:24 pm

Roy_Stewart wrote:
Animal_Chin wrote:I had a farkin grouse surf today.

3-4ft... off shories... came home and did some gardening.

good day i reckon.

Roy, on the other hand, has spent his day blowing wind up his own arsse on these forums.

I love an argument Roy, but please try to act a little bit modest.

No-one likes a know-it-all.
You suggest that I'm interested in the possibility of being liked by forum members.

I'm indifferent to it actually.

You also suggest that I should be modest. The statement is a spurious emotional red herring and has nothing to do with the content of my posts.

Roy, you don't know the meaning of the word modest.
Witness your dissertation on skin cancer, not to mention the descriptions of your boards which you post up from time to time.
ps. Woolley, are you enjoying a beer, baiting Roy and waiting for the footy to come on, like me? :wink: 8)
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:26 pm

Roy_Stewart wrote:
woolly wrote:
I have a little fun 'playing' with this whack job, but I fear I may be lowering my standards, simply by playing 'the game'. :oops:

Presumably that's an attempt to suggest that roy is not sane.

If so realise that it is without foundation.

Anyone who needs to refer to themselves in the third person is insane.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:33 pm

woolly wrote:
TrevG wrote:Woolley, are you enjoying a beer, baiting Roy and waiting for the footy to come on, like me? :wink: 8)
Got it in 1 Trev... :lol: If I consume enough VB's, I might actually be able to communicate with this bloke on a similar level....

Nuh, it'll never happen... they haven't bottled enuff VB.... :(
I picked 'em both last night. Think coops went for the Eels over Titans. Fail! 8)
Now I just need the Storm, Tigers and Sharks to come home for me tonight.
Beanpole

Skipper

Roy_Stewart
barnacle

Post by Roy_Stewart » Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:37 pm

TrevG wrote:
Roy_Stewart wrote:
Animal_Chin wrote:I had a farkin grouse surf today.

3-4ft... off shories... came home and did some gardening.

good day i reckon.

Roy, on the other hand, has spent his day blowing wind up his own arsse on these forums.

I love an argument Roy, but please try to act a little bit modest.

No-one likes a know-it-all.
You suggest that I'm interested in the possibility of being liked by forum members.

I'm indifferent to it actually.

You also suggest that I should be modest. The statement is a spurious emotional red herring and has nothing to do with the content of my posts.

Roy, you don't know the meaning of the word modest.

Witness your dissertation on skin cancer, not to mention the descriptions of your boards which you post up from time to time.
In an attempt to construct an argument where you have made none, I postulate that you are suggesting that modesty requires that one abandon a position of truth in favour of falsehood when presented by poor and illogical arguments.

If so it's a useless concept and i want nothing to do with it.

Roy_Stewart
barnacle

Post by Roy_Stewart » Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:40 pm

TrevG wrote:
Roy_Stewart wrote:
woolly wrote:
I have a little fun 'playing' with this whack job, but I fear I may be lowering my standards, simply by playing 'the game'. :oops:

Presumably that's an attempt to suggest that roy is not sane.

If so realise that it is without foundation.

Anyone who needs to refer to themselves in the third person is insane.
That is incorrect. Writing about oneself is a sane and sensible technique, and is used a lot in China where it is seen as more impersonal and more modest.

I notice that you imply that I 'need' to refer to myself in the third person when infact I merely choose to on occasion.

Roy_Stewart
barnacle

Post by Roy_Stewart » Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:42 pm

woolly wrote:
TrevG wrote:Woolley, are you enjoying a beer, baiting Roy and waiting for the footy to come on, like me? :wink: 8)
Got it in 1 Trev... :lol: If I consume enough VB's, I might actually be able to communicate with this bloke on a similar level....

Nuh, it'll never happen... they haven't bottled enuff VB.... :(
If you want to get on my level you'll have to give up alcohol altogether, and work at thinking.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:43 pm

Roy_Stewart wrote: In an attempt to construct an argument where you have made none, I postulate that you are suggesting that modesty requires that one abandon a position of truth in favour of falsehood when presented by poor and illogical arguments.

My point exactly. The "truth" according to Roy. EOS (to quote a much missed forum member whose contributions to this diatribe I would much appreciate).
Beanpole

Skipper

Roy_Stewart
barnacle

Post by Roy_Stewart » Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:43 pm

woolly wrote:
Guaranteed they'll all loose.... :lol:
LOSE not loose.

:roll:

Dingus
Owl status

Post by Dingus » Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:44 pm

What do the fullstops mean? I am imagining some kind of new-age 'end-of-contribution' pseudo-spiritual self-empowerment type jobbies. Kind of like an eyes-shut folded-arms single head nod.

I still wish you all the best and no ill-will; however you are still also living on Roy's island - full sun and no shade.
offshore1 wrote:^^^I don't think anyone really cares [about boogie boarders] anymore Dae.
\none left on the forum.

Roy_Stewart
barnacle

Post by Roy_Stewart » Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:45 pm

TrevG wrote:
Roy_Stewart wrote: In an attempt to construct an argument where you have made none, I postulate that you are suggesting that modesty requires that one abandon a position of truth in favour of falsehood when presented by poor and illogical arguments.

My point exactly. The "truth" according to Roy.
Well yes you can assume that posts made under my account name here on Realsurf are authored by myself.

Very clever. . .. for you.

Roy_Stewart
barnacle

Post by Roy_Stewart » Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:48 pm

Dae wrote:
What do the fullstops mean? I am imagining some kind of new-age 'end-of-contribution' pseudo-spiritual self-empowerment type jobbies. Kind of like an eyes-shut folded-arms single head nod.
You have an active imagination.

The full stops make a space below my post, that is all.

I still wish you all the best and no ill-will; however you are still also living on Roy's island - full sun and no shade.
It's actually the North Island of New Zealand and it's been raining for weeks but thankyou for the nice thought.

Roy_Stewart
barnacle

Post by Roy_Stewart » Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:49 pm

woolly wrote:
Roy_Stewart wrote:In an attempt to construct an argument where you have made none, I postulate that you are suggesting that modesty requires that one abandon a position of truth in favour of falsehood when presented by poor and illogical arguments.

Holy crap! Straight from the guru's mouth....

He's got it ! At last, he's got it!
Of course I've long been aware that that's how you blokes operate, it keeps you down where you like to be.

That VB is no good for you by the way.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:51 pm

woolly wrote:
Roy_Stewart wrote:In an attempt to construct an argument where you have made none, I postulate that you are suggesting that modesty requires that one abandon a position of truth in favour of falsehood when presented by poor and illogical arguments.
Holy crap! Straight from the guru's mouth....

He's got it ! At last, he's got it!
I was actually thinking of using this as a quote at the bottom of my posts, it's so, it's so ---so Roy :lol:

Beanpole

Skipper

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:53 pm

Roy_Stewart wrote: That VB is no good for you by the way.
Well. There's something I have to agree with you on. :oops:
Beanpole

Skipper

Roy_Stewart
barnacle

Post by Roy_Stewart » Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:46 am

carvin marvin
charger

Post by carvin marvin » Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:07 pm

So Roy you don't know about the Kiwi surfer who lives on the Gold Coast who bought a wooden board from you and it fell apart ?

Roy_Stewart
barnacle

Post by Roy_Stewart » Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:56 pm

That's BS

I know I drove a 2 ton truck up and over my 12 foot balsa ( fin down, like a ramp ) and it didn't break. . . and that the paulownia boards are even stronger.

The boards which crack up are the fishbone method ones like Grain make, they only stay together because of the glass cloth and often break while they are being built.

Ours are incredibly strong and durable.

Roy_Stewart
barnacle

Post by Roy_Stewart » Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:00 pm